Javonte Williams

slim, I'm ready for book club now

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	book club.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	16447
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

3. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

https://www.wired.com/story/marathon...=pocket-newtab

long read

good enough that I subscribed to Wired lol. Hey $5/year is pretty damned modest for a decent rag.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

5. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    https://www.wired.com/story/marathon...=pocket-newtab

long read

good enough that I subscribed to Wired lol. Hey $5/year is pretty damned modest for a decent rag.
    Damned good read, thank you for sharing.

I enjoy my time running, no doubt, but I'm thinking I might get into road bike riding as it's better on the knees.

7. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Damned good read, thank you for sharing.

I enjoy my time running, no doubt, but I'm thinking I might get into road bike riding as it's better on the knees.
    It made me remember how much I enjoyed running when I ran with a goal in mind.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Just turned on ‘Tales from the Loop’ on Prime.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Ordered this book

I think this podcast is by the same guy:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...s/id1494336314

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I'm reading these Witcher books by the Polish author Sapkowski. Originally from the 90's maybe even 80's. There is something unique that I really enjoy.

Shake, if you are doing the Witcher game, you might enjoy these stories. Or you might hate them. I'm not sure where I'm at, but I'm oddly addicted to the characters and world. Sometimes I'm not even sure what the plot is, but I think it's there.

12. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Listening to this book by Sandford. The guy that has the Lucas Davenport books. I really like him.

As an aside, I'm suddenly reminded of the young woman who introduced me to the Lucas Davenport books. Stationed in Germany, her husband was a maintenance officer. They had a young child. She killed herself, it was sad and shocking. She was so young, they were just beginning their life together. She had some speech problems. I don't know what I decided to share this, just that life is precious and inexplicable and it seems right to remember people.

14. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Oh, the book is called Bloody Genius--it's a good book. The kind that moves along and keeps you engaged.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

So the John Sandford book ended up disappointing.

The book I am finishing now though...

I am in love. It's bad man.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

How to Change Your Mind by Michael Pollan.

Really interesting breakdown of how psychedelic drugs are creating breakthroughs in mental health treatments for things like depression and PTSD. Goes into the history and the authors personal experiences. Makes me want to do drugs... in a good way!

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

I'm reading these Witcher books by the Polish author Sapkowski. Originally from the 90's maybe even 80's. There is something unique that I really enjoy.

Shake, if you are doing the Witcher game, you might enjoy these stories. Or you might hate them. I'm not sure where I'm at, but I'm oddly addicted to the characters and world. Sometimes I'm not even sure what the plot is, but I think it's there.
    Read the first book and it just didn’t translate well to English. I hear they get better. Loving the game right now but I’m getting sidetracked getting sweet armor and exploring where I shouldn’t quite yet!

20. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    How to Change Your Mind by Michael Pollan.

Really interesting breakdown of how psychedelic drugs are creating breakthroughs in mental health treatments for things like depression and PTSD. Goes into the history and the authors personal experiences. Makes me want to do drugs... in a good way!
    I dropped acid one time because a friend of mine kept after me. He was bit younger and had just returned from Iraq, had severe PTSD issues. Said LSD was the only thing that worked for him and made a world of difference. He cracked his spine or something, idk.

Anyways, I don't know what I think about all of it, but just thought I'd share.

22. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

slim, I'm ready for book club now

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	book club.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	16447
    I think I'm ready to read Parasite. I'll let you know what I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information