Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Pueblo??

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by smith49 View Post
    Oh great. Here I am feeling ok about Springs and you tell me to take a chance on Pueblo. Damn you Buff !!

Lol, I really have no personal preference as of now but getting you're guys opinion is pretty helpful....I think.
    Buff I'm ok with an hour commute. I've been doing it for quite a while here as its about an hour from where I live in salt lake out to the plant.

Plus, if I'm in Springs my commute to Broncos games is a bit less.

Plane tickets are booked and the wife and I are headed out there on the 18th to find a place to live. I guess we'll see what happens.

Thanks for jogging my confidence in the Springs though Buff!
    Just giving you my honest opinion man. If it were me, I don't think you gain enough living in the Springs to justify spending 1-2 hours in the car everyday. But if the commute doesn't bother you, and you are more concerned with schools, then the Springs is probably the right fit. I find it to be totally overrated, but I am not currently raising a family either.

Just giving you my honest opinion man. If it were me, I don't think you gain enough living in the Springs to justify spending 1-2 hours in the car everyday. But if the commute doesn't bother you, and you are more concerned with schools, then the Springs is probably the right fit. I find it to be totally overrated, but I am not currently raising a family either.[/QUOTE]

I know Buff. I appreciate you're opinion as much as any. It's getting to be a stressful decision at this point. Hopefully next week we will be able to find something we like. Who knows?!?!

Dude, Pueblo is big enough you should be able to find some good schools and neighborhoods. Why don't you spend a few days there before making w decision?

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Oh yah, and I'm very grateful to even have a for sure job if I choose to go.
    It's not as bad as it was a year or two ago but my advice still is to choose the sure paycheck wherever possible. If you stay long enough to get laid off do you get any benefits or possibly relocation packages if it is the same company in Pueblo as you have now?
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

5. The Following User High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    It's not as bad as it was a year or two ago but my advice still is to choose the sure paycheck wherever possible. If you stay long enough to get laid off do you get any benefits or possibly relocation packages if it is the same company in Pueblo as you have now?

Yah I think I'll get another bonus at the end which is what I'm living on right now from being laid off last may. It sounds like this will be a ten to twelve year gig though. That means I can get my schooling completed that i should have done 20 years ago. All on my companies dime.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived smith49 For This Post:

Well, latest update:

We put our house in salt lake on the market Tuesday. By Wednesday morning we had a good offer that we countered. They accepted and its under contract. Wow! This is scary. Been in pueblo today looking for houses. Found some great houses in our price range in pueblo west. The houses we looked at in Springs yesterday SUCKED. I mean, if you know someone is coming to look at you're house you might just wanna pull out a dust rag and a vacuum.

Anyhow, excited I guess about the houses we saw today in PW. Looks like we are for sure movin to the CO. So stressed right now. Wife is bawling. It's a mix of crazy emotions. Uugh!

9. The Following 7 Users High Fived smith49 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Congrats man
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

11. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

In Pueblo you can buy a lot of acreage cheap. For the same amount you could buy a postage size lot in springs...Something to think about. Kids love having some acreage to play on

13. The Following User High Fived Dzone For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Well, latest update:

We put our house in salt lake on the market Tuesday. By Wednesday morning we had a good offer that we countered. They accepted and its under contract. Wow! This is scary. Been in pueblo today looking for houses. Found some great houses in our price range in pueblo west. The houses we looked at in Springs yesterday SUCKED. I mean, if you know someone is coming to look at you're house you might just wanna pull out a dust rag and a vacuum.

Anyhow, excited I guess about the houses we saw today in PW. Looks like we are for sure movin to the CO. So stressed right now. Wife is bawling. It's a mix of crazy emotions. Uugh!
    Awesome.
    I know a lot of people in Pueblo West. Its nice there and they are going to widen the highway, which will really help. P-Dub schools are top notch. Pueblo West High is an excellent school.
    Pueblo and Pueblo West are like two totally separate cities. Two different worlds.

Oh omt, ask your realtor about the St Charles Mesa area outside pueblo.

15. The Following User High Fived Dzone For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    Congrats man
    Thanks SR!

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
    In Pueblo you can buy a lot of acreage cheap. For the same amount you could buy a postage size lot in springs...Something to think about. Kids love having some acreage to play on
    You know it! The houses we like are actually just I little south of highway 50 I believe. We like the biiiig lots north of 50, but we don't have or plan on having horses. Whereas the houses we liked have fully fenced yards with nice decks and nice green lawns. Way way more home for the $$ than in Springs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
    Well, latest update:

Awesome.
    I know a lot of people in Pueblo West. Its nice there and they are going to widen the highway, which will really help. P-Dub schools are top notch. Pueblo West High is an excellent school.
    Pueblo and Pueblo West are like two totally separate cities. Two different worlds.

Oh omt, ask your realtor about the St Charles Mesa area outside pueblo.

Copy that Dzone! West does seem to be much nicer than Pueblo. Gosh dang this is just so stressful to figure out.

Nice to hear that the schools in West are good. That's such a big factor here because I got 4 kiddies and 3 are in school now.

Damn , I don't know how we are going to decide what to do. Got very little time to make a decision.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Good luck, smith! You'll miss SLC.

20. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Good luck, smith! You'll miss SLC.

Thanks nomad! And yes, we will!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information