Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets Targeting Brandon Marshall.

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Default Jets Targeting Brandon Marshall.

Its smart that the Broncos are saying they are unwilling to trade Marshall. That will force the Jets to up the ante.

Give me the equivalent of a top ten pick.
    Jets targeting Brandon Marshall, Dwayne Bowe?

Posted by Mike Florio on August 19, 2009 7:32 AM ET
    Apparently, Jets coach Rex Ryan has stopped talking long enough to realize that his team has yet to find a capable replacement for receiver Laveranues Coles.

And so the Jets, per Rich Cimini of the New York Daily News, have had preliminary discussions with a few teams regarding a trade for a veteran wideout.

According to Cimini, the biggest name on the team's radar is Broncos receiver Brandon Marshall. Though the Broncos have shown no willingness to trade Marshall, the relationship between player and team is tenuous, to say the least. That said, Marshall has way too many question marks hovering over his career, both on and off the field.

Cimini also floats the name of Chiefs receiver Dwayne Bowe as a possible target, but we can't imagine Kansas City trading one of their only quality players -- cough . . . Tony Gonzalez . . . cough.

As Cimini points out, Jets G.M. Mike Tannebaum has a reputation for making deals late in the preseason. Still, it's difficult for a receiver to make an impact in a new offense without the benefit of participating in the offseason program and training camp.

But it nevertheless looks like something could be happening. And that's good news for the Jets, because beyond Jerricho Cotchery the team doesn't have many quality targets for rookie quarterback Mark Sanchez.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ry/rumor-mill/
    IN PATON I TRUST.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Sweet, we are almost rid of one of our best draft classes ever!

3. The Following 8 Users High Fived claymore For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    Sweet, we are almost rid of one of our best draft classes ever!
    It is a horrible thing to rid your team of two whining little brats who don't want to play for your organization.

If they can get good compensation for him, send him packing.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Mike For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    It is a horrible thing to rid your team of two whining little brats who don't want to play for your organization.

If they can get good compensation for him, send him packing.
    I am more than happy to see Brandon go. He needed a leader Like Cutler to keep him in check.

As for the whiner, I dont know who you are talking about.

I am more than happy to see Brandon go. He needed a leader Like Cutler to keep him in check.

As for the whiner, I dont know who you are talking about.
    Yeah, his whole pouting on the bench all by himself and generally acting like a disgruntled 2 year old when things weren't going well showed real leadership. Cutler couldn't even keep himself in check...let alone anyone else.

Both Brandon and Cutler are two whining little brats...neither of which have the slightest hint of what leadership really is. If they don't want to be a Bronco and the Broncos can get compensation for them ---> door.

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived Mike For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

I like Brandon.

But if hes not willing to play gunner on special teams..............adios.

We want a different attitude around here.

I'll take some real trade flexibility in next years QB laden draft.

Not to mention some real live DT prospects.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

10. The Following User High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar Steve Atwater

Brandon Marshall is the most dangerous receiver we have. Gaffney is ahead of him because of time missed due to his injury. Make no mistake about it, Mcd wants to win and keep his job and his best chance is to have Marshall on the field and putting him postion to make plays. His size creates the same mismatches Moss faced in NE. We would be foolish to trade Marshall right now. Let him earn the money he wants then pay him.
    Last edited by broncofaninfla; 08-20-2009 at 07:47 AM.

12. The Following 8 Users High Fived broncofaninfla For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Yeah, his whole pouting on the bench all by himself and generally acting like a disgruntled 2 year old when things weren't going well showed real leadership. Cutler couldn't even keep himself in check...let alone anyone else.

Both Brandon and Cutler are two whining little brats...neither of which have the slightest hint of what leadership really is. If they don't want to be a Bronco and the Broncos can get compensation for them ---> door.
    I never saw any of that, and I doubt you did either. Cutler did keep Brandon in check, and Brandon was an integral part of this team.

What has your boy Orton done? What has McDaniels done?

You guys keep writing about this made up persona of Cutler crying his way out of town, how he wasnt a team player etc.. But its all made up, none of it ever happened.

What about the whiny bitch stuff that McDaniels did? Or Bowlen Being an Old forgetful drunk that makes poor split second decisions?

You probably love Champ Bailey, what would he do if he found out he was being traded for a 1st year cornerback? He would say "Fine, trade me". Just liek Cutler did.

14. The Following User High Fived claymore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by broncofaninfla View Post
    Brandon Marshall is the most dangerous receiver we have. Gaffney is ahead of him because of time missed due to his injury. Make no mistake about it, Mcd wants to win and keep his job and his best chance is to have Marshall on the field and putting him postion to make plays. His size creates the same mismatches Moss faced in NE. We would be foolish to trade Marshall right now. Let him earn teh money he wants then pay him.
    I think we will lose for a few years. I would rather have future draft picks, then have Marshall and a bum hip in 3 years.

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

I never saw any of that, and I doubt you did either. Cutler did keep Brandon in check, and Brandon was an integral part of this team.

You guys keep writing about this made up persona of Cutler crying his way out of town, how he wasnt a team player etc.. But its all made up, none of it ever happened.

What about the whiny bitch stuff that McDaniels did? Or Bowlen Being an Old forgetful drunk that makes poor split second decisions?

You probably love Champ Bailey, what would he do if he found out he was being traded for a 1st year cornerback? He would say "Fine, trade me". Just liek Cutler did.
    I saw it. And I agree with Mike. Cutler and Marshall are immature, its true.

Brandon is in FACT, the best receiver we have skillwise.

He is NOT however the best receiver we have. His liabilities off the field are still prevalent, and his leadership is undoubtedly questionable.

Royal is the most valuable WR on our roster right now.

Brandon in his rookie year was nowhere near the WR Royal is, and Royal has the attitude that we want here.

Big team. Little me.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

17. The Following 10 Users High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

I think we will lose for a few years. I would rather have future draft picks, then have Marshall and a bum hip in 3 years.

Id rather have Marshall than draft picks, but if he doesnt want to be here or exude the kind of leadership we want....................adios.

Worse thing in the world is to have an all world talent with an all 'me' attitude.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

19. The Following User High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

You must not have watched too many games over the last few seasons. Jay sulked by himself on the bench everytime things didn't go his way. We all know how Jay whined his way out of town...we didn't make it up, it is a matter of public record. And he kept Marshall in check about long enough for Marshall to either beat his girl, put his hand through a TV, and run into the law again...and again...and again.

I don't have a boy Orton or McDaniels. I have the Denver Broncos which don't include baby Jay.

I do like Champ Bailey. He is a true leader on the team. If the Broncos tried to trade him, then I expect he would handle it like a pro...not like a baby fresh off the teat. Again because he is a professional and a true leader. But then again, that is probably why he hasn't been traded.

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived Mike For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by WARHORSE View Post
    I saw it. And I agree with Mike. Cutler and Marshall are immature, its true.

Brandon is in FACT, the best receiver we have skillwise.

He is NOT however the best receiver we have. His liabilities off the field are still prevalent, and his leadership is undoubtedly questionable.

Royal is the most valuable WR on our roster right now.

Brandon in his rookie year was nowhere near the WR Royal is, and Royal has the attitude that we want here.

Big team. Little me.
    I agree with you on Marshall. I would have fainted if you told me last December we would Lose Shannahan, Cutler, and Marshall though.

I never saw any of the Cutler things you guys are claiming. I thought he was a class act. I liked him at Vandy too though.

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived claymore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

If Denver trades him it could prove to be very difficult to replace him but if they have too then so be it. If they do I hope they can get maximum compensation for him.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller, Peyton's Neck

If we could get true value for BMarsh I say get it. Unfortunately I am ready for him to be gone. I am still not convinced that he has full feeling in his hand. Which is not a good thing.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information