Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets Targeting Brandon Marshall.

Adopted Bronco:
    Chris "goldenrod" Simms

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Do you see ghosts around every corner?
    I can only answer for myself but I never see ghosts. I think they are afraid of the black helicopters that follow me around
    TEBOW Bringing back the hb pass since 2012

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Dortoh For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Ok, im sold.

Give us either Clowney or Ferguson and a 3rd round pick and we will call it even.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by WARHORSE View Post
    Id take Kris Jenkins and a 2nd for Marshall.

Gimme that from the Jets and its a done deal.

Or maybe Calvin Pace for Marshall straight up.

That would fix our pass rush right there to killer mode.
    war, you really think buddy ryan's son is going to give up the heart of his defense?

if we do trade marshall, it's most likely going to be for draft picks-- there just aren't a lot of teams out there that are looking to make lateral moves by exchanging one star player for another. . . teams are looking to improve, not fill one hole while creating another. . . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

5. The Following 4 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Dortoh View Post
    I can only answer for myself but I never see ghosts. I think they are afraid of the black helicopters that follow me around
    I guess that's better than being followed around by little green men.

7. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

If it's not a first, the teams can flip off!

9. The Following User High Fived Requiem / The Dagda For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
    If it's not a first, the teams can flip off!
    If Marshall entered the draft today as a stud receiver with the issues he has, he would drop to the 2nd round

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    If Marshall entered the draft today as a stud receiver with the issues he has, he would drop to the 2nd round
    Not a good comparison to justify a lowering in his value.

Marshall, with his issues -- but a proven track record of being valuable on the field. College, rookie wideout, with issues -- but not proven of being valuable in the NFL.

I'd assume that teams would value a player who has been a Pro Bowler in the NFL higher than a rookie, with similar issues, who hasn't.

Now, I don't think we'll get first-round value for Marshall if he's traded; but it is certainly what he is worth, if not more, for what he can do on the field. Denver isn't in the position to take a low-ball offer here. If they could get a second rounder, plus future picks based on performance or something as such -- go for it.

Otherwise, don't trade him. Keep him here a few more years because of the CBA status. Either way, I just want value for him. On the field or in a trade.

12. The Following 5 Users High Fived Requiem / The Dagda For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    John Lynch (I dont care that he's not a Bronco anymore)

Trading Brandon Marshall for less than equal value would be stupid, retarded, idiotic, dumb, etc.

That move would scream "I'm an idiot and I don't know what I'm doing" by Josh McDaniels.

Lol if Brandon Marshall is traded, our #2 receiver becomes Jabar Gaffney. I'm sure that strikes fear into defenses

- Thanks to Roddoliver for the sig!!

Not A Born Leader, I'm A Tough Act To Follow

Quote Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
    Not a good comparison to justify a lowering in his value.

Marshall, with his issues -- but a proven track record of being valuable on the field. College, rookie wideout, with issues -- but not proven of being valuable in the NFL.

I'd assume that teams would value a player who has been a Pro Bowler in the NFL higher than a rookie, with similar issues, who hasn't.

Now, I don't think we'll get first-round value for Marshall if he's traded; but it is certainly what he is worth, if not more, for what he can do on the field. Denver isn't in the position to take a low-ball offer here. If they could get a second rounder, plus future picks based on performance or something as such -- go for it.

Otherwise, don't trade him. Keep him here a few more years because of the CBA status. Either way, I just want value for him. On the field or in a trade.
    Agreed. If they can't get what they would get by franchising him, then no deal.

A stud player (DT in particular) plus a second would work too, though.

15. The Following User High Fived Mike For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Chris "goldenrod" Simms

Quote Originally Posted by getlynched47 View Post
    Trading Brandon Marshall for less than equal value would be stupid, retarded, idiotic, dumb, etc.

That move would scream "I'm an idiot and I don't know what I'm doing" by Josh McDaniels.

Lol if Brandon Marshall is traded, our #2 receiver becomes Jabar Gaffney. I'm sure that strikes fear into defenses
    With Orton throwing the ball they better be scared

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dortoh For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by getlynched47 View Post

We have already set the precident. I hope we can get a 2012 Draft pick so our new Coach will have something to work with.

19. The Following User High Fived claymore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    war, you really think buddy ryan's son is going to give up the heart of his defense?

. . .

Yes. He will trade anything I want for Marshall whenever I want him to.

Especially the heart of his defense. heh heh

Actually, Jenkins is older now, and Pouha has been pretty decent in a help role.

Jenkins AND a second or dont come at all to our door.

Gimme top ten draft pick value and its a deal.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

Adopted Bronco:
    Chris "goldenrod" Simms

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    We have already set the precident. I hope we can get a 2012 Draft pick so our new Coach will have something to work with.
    LMMFAO

22. The Following User High Fived Dortoh For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

sweet. . . . ask him to throw in nick mangold and kerry rhodes. . . .
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

24. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Agreed. If they can't get what they would get by franchising him, then no deal.

A stud player (DT in particular) plus a second would work too, though.
    Their best defensive tackle is Kris Jenkins but I don't see them wanting to part with him because he's the Jets starting nose tackle. I think the best we could hope for is a couple of picks which would include a number one.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information