Thread: the impending descent of trolls

Default the impending descent of trolls

I was thinking that some new "trolls" and some that we've met in the past might be making an appearance on the forum to ridicule and make fun of our team. I know that some people are more sensitive to this than others, but I kindof like trolls for some reason. Oakland Raider is just funny to me. And some of the meaner ones are just good in a way. I can't really explain it, guess it's weird. But what I'm getting at, is can the mods consider allowing some of this for at least awhile? I just kinda hate to see some rival members getting banned just for starting shit, you know? I mean it's not like they are a personal threat or anything. I hope this thread isn't seen as inappropriate in light of the loss. But it kinda helps me out in some ways to develop responses and things like that. One thing I like about the Broncos is that the fans that I know anyway, don't take smack talk to redneck levels. I live in an area of the country where they do (steeler and raven fans in particular) Redskin fans are actually pretty respectable. anyway just a word out on that. anyone else have an opinion on that?

thanks for the consideration, been great posting with you all this season. Go Broncos

Nut

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Kill me all
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

3. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I hate them from the bottom of my heart. Their sole purpose here is to be mean spirited - which I meet with fury and aggressive hatred.

5. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I hate them from the bottom of my heart. Their sole purpose here is to be mean spirited - which I meet with fury and aggressive hatred.
    I get that impression with some. might be because I havent' been a fan since childhood or something, didn't grow up a bronco fan.

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

A number of us Mods have agreed that the right approach is to leave 'em alone as long as they stay in Smack forum, and "act appropriately" if they stray into the decent neighborhoods. Feel free to report such straying, even if you normally don't.
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

8. The Following 4 Users High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by bronconut View Post
    I get that impression with some. might be because I havent' been a fan since childhood or something, didn't grow up a bronco fan.
    I can take a bit of smack talk till they start with the personal insults and the attacks on us as fans. I have been a fan since childhood so my blood boils.. plus i think i have a bit of PTSD still...lol Go Broncos for 2013.

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived Army Bronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    All of 'em

They're part of the game.
    Merry.

12. The Following User High Fived Day1BroncoFan For This Post:

If you hate the Broncos, this is your moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

Quote Originally Posted by bronconut View Post
    I was thinking that some new "trolls" and some that we've met in the past might be making an appearance on the forum to ridicule and make fun of our team. I know that some people are more sensitive to this than others, but I kindof like trolls for some reason. Oakland Raider is just funny to me. And some of the meaner ones are just good in a way. I can't really explain it, guess it's weird. But what I'm getting at, is can the mods consider allowing some of this for at least awhile? I just kinda hate to see some rival members getting banned just for starting shit, you know? I mean it's not like they are a personal threat or anything. I hope this thread isn't seen as inappropriate in light of the loss. But it kinda helps me out in some ways to develop responses and things like that. One thing I like about the Broncos is that the fans that I know anyway, don't take smack talk to redneck levels. I live in an area of the country where they do (steeler and raven fans in particular) Redskin fans are actually pretty respectable. anyway just a word out on that. anyone else have an opinion on that?

thanks for the consideration, been great posting with you all this season. Go Broncos

Nut
    Great thread, Nut.

Even greater attitude!

What's wrong with someone who takes offense to a comment on an anonymous message board? Ignorance...anger management issues? I can't think of any others.
    In fact, I'll go so far as to say that the more vitriolic and personal attacks from those who claim to offended are the most humorous of the bunch! These people can't possibly be serious, unless they're a few slices short of a loaf.

15. The Following User High Fived Mr Bojangles For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

As long as they stay in their pens i dont care if they are here.

So, give's me a chance to post:

and

18. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

If I lived in Denver, I'd be more entertained by them. But since I am in the "Lion's Den" of a rival city, whether watching these games in sports bars or at Qualcomm stadium--Broncosforums offer a refeshing chance to actually be in the majority pulling for the Broncos. As a result, I truly despise the intrusion of these trolls, sad to say.

Especially, ESPECIALLY in the gameday threads. I could simply put them on ignore but like a train wreck I seem unable to avoid reading their posts. ******* hate them. When there's a critical interception or atrocious penalty that keeps an opposing team's drive going, it really frustrates me to read "HAHAHA--LOLZ LOLZ STUPID DONKEYS!" or "Great Call, Ref!" from some douchebag troll...
    Last edited by tomjonesrocks; 08-11-2013 at 01:38 PM.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information