Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: How Do We Get This Board To Grow?

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by BigBroncLove View Post
    I like a lot of the ideas on ehre already. Dream makes some excellent points, and the marketing guru with the google and sig ideas also sound great to me.

If I were to make a suggestion, it would also be to do a few things that might make it unique. Maybe have a weekly main discussion thread talking about a major issue for that week of football (a new weekly thread started every week). Something that will engross the user in discussion but not something that has been talked over consistently. For example, this week everyone is talking cuts, but maybe a good "The Big Weekly Discussion thread: Preseason Wk4" would talk about who would be an interesting grab from waivers. A little different idea, but just a thought. Doesn't have to be that, but something sponsered by the mods that get the community involved in the threads on this board.

That's it for now, I'm short on ideas :P

I think it has merit.:thumb:

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    A quetion that came to me this morning is how do we get this board to grow to a point where it has some staying power?
    get some growth hormone-- i hear rodney harrison can help you out. . . .

“When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    get some growth hormone-- i hear rodney harrison can help you out. . . .

I hear that he has some pretty good stuff. I'll put in a call to him tomorrow.

FWIW, the submission to google has worked better than I thought. They normally say it can take 4-6 weeks to show up in the index. I am not sure if it is because I also did some adword advertising, but I just checked Google.

A search for "Broncos Forums" results in BroncosForums.com being the 7th site listed.

A search for "Denver Broncos Forums" results in BroncosForums.com being the 14th site listed (second page, six sites down).

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

I think its a moot point - this board is rockin already
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by orangenblue420 View Post
    yeeaaa, we got sexy biznatches, what else do we need?

:drinkingsong:

okay, so some good content will probably help, too. . . stuff like pick'em is fun (has anybody invited deuce yet?), and if you're quick you can still organize a board FF team. . . i like BBL's idea as well. . . i don't think you'll have to do much to secure a base of people from the old Bmania site-- the best way to get new people to hang around once they're here is to have something good for them to read. . . . crank out some of those analytical threads in yer spare time, tned. . . . :becky:
    “When we do find that guy, we’ve got to have the continuity on the offensive side to where we can train him and develop him and get him there. This is our fourth offense in probably three or four years. Quarterbacks need to be developed. You don’t find one ready-made. We got to have a solid system in place for when we do go after whatever guy it may be, a young guy or a trade or whatnot.”
    - John Elway

crank out some of those analytical threads in yer spare time, tned. . . . :becky:
    Spare time? What's that?

yeeaaa, we got sexy biznatches, what else do we need?

:drinkingsong:

okay, so some good content will probably help, too. . . stuff like pick'em is fun (has anybody invited deuce yet?), and if you're quick you can still organize a board FF team. . . i like BBL's idea as well. . . i don't think you'll have to do much to secure a base of people from the old Bmania site-- the best way to get new people to hang around once they're here is to have something good for them to read. . . . crank out some of those analytical threads in yer spare time, tned. . . . :becky:
    I like the deuce and board FF thing. Just for clarification, by board FF team do you mean an FF team selected by vote by the boards or an official board FF League? If it's a league I want in since I currently lack a league due to sheer lack of effort.

If a FF League does get made, if I could make a suggestion. Now this is about 30 steps ahead, so it has nothing to do with the present, but as time goes on and there are more users who want to take part in the league, instead of just maintaining one single super league, start additional leagues and form a psuedo ring of leagues. What I mean by this is have each league have a maximum of 14 or 16 teams, and once over that limit form another league. Then at the end of the regular season you could do a few things I suppose. You could simply have the top winners battle it out during the first playoff game or Week 17 for the FF SB. That or something similar. If thigns really get rocking, then just make more legues and change the rules to best fit odd or even number of leagues....

The reason I'm making the sugeestion is it seemed to me the leagues got semi elitist at BM. What I mean by that is good portions of the posters were unable to join the more prominent leagues. I think FF is a good way to get to know new users, and would make a user want to stick around. Besides that I think it would be easier for new users to get to know other posters, and that it could create for some pretty interesting competitions. I know... I know... pretty strange rant at least a year early, but its something that bothered me a little about the FF leagues at Broncomania.
    Temp sig till I find another one

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by BigBroncLove View Post
    I like the deuce and board FF thing. Just for clarification, by board FF team do you mean an FF team selected by vote by the boards or an official board FF League? If it's a league I want in since I currently lack a league due to sheer lack of effort.

If a FF League does get made, if I could make a suggestion. Now this is about 30 steps ahead, so it has nothing to do with the present, but as time goes on and there are more users who want to take part in the league, instead of just maintaining one single super league, start additional leagues and form a psuedo ring of leagues. What I mean by this is have each league have a maximum of 14 or 16 teams, and once over that limit form another league. Then at the end of the regular season you could do a few things I suppose. You could simply have the top winners battle it out during the first playoff game or Week 17 for the FF SB. That or something similar. If thigns really get rocking, then just make more legues and change the rules to best fit odd or even number of leagues....

The reason I'm making the sugeestion is it seemed to me the leagues got semi elitist at BM. What I mean by that is good portions of the posters were unable to join the more prominent leagues. I think FF is a good way to get to know new users, and would make a user want to stick around. Besides that I think it would be easier for new users to get to know other posters, and that it could create for some pretty interesting competitions. I know... I know... pretty strange rant at least a year early, but its something that bothered me a little about the FF leagues at Broncomania.

ahh, i think you may be referring to my leagues-- there's no "semi" about it, they're just plain elitist. . . if i'm going to put in work to form a league, i'm going to have people i trust to stick with it and manage their teams. . . in public leagues, usually you get someone who signs up and then forgets about it, or abandons their team when they aren't winning, and it affects the competitive balance of the league (i hate seeing that my opponent for the last playoff spot has a "bye" because they're playing the owner who stopped managing their team in week five, and is starting three guys who are on IR). . . .

of course, if you'd been active on the board when i was forming my leagues, you'd certainly have been invited to one of them. . . .

i'll start a thread in the fantasy sports forum and see if there's enough interest to do an official board league here. . . .
    - John Elway

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by orangenblue420 View Post
    It rocks because the quality of the people here. :wink:

ahh, i think you may be referring to my leagues-- there's no "semi" about it, they're just plain elitist. . . if i'm going to put in work to form a league, i'm going to have people i trust to stick with it and manage their teams. . . in public leagues, usually you get someone who signs up and then forgets about it, or abandons their team when they aren't winning, and it affects the competitive balance of the league (i hate seeing that my opponent for the last playoff spot has a "bye" because they're playing the owner who stopped managing their team in week five, and is starting three guys who are on IR). . . .

of course, if you'd been active on the board when i was forming my leagues, you'd certainly have been invited to one of them. . . .

i'll start a thread in the fantasy sports forum and see if there's enough interest to do an official board league here. . . .
    Naw man, I actually wasn't referring to your league becaue it was at least straight forward. It said, "league of elites" and was 100% truthfull as all those involved were top notch posters. I was talking mroe about the league of superstars II with their sticky and their lack of allownce of players with under 2000 posts. I liked your league actually, it was cool, but was refering more to other leagues personally. Count me in, on your league here dogfish.
    Temp sig till I find another one

The only way to truly make sure this board grows ....

.... is an over-abbundance of Jay x Jake threads.

Other than that, there will be enough material in the regular season to fill this board with tons of stuff.

And if all else fails, we can always use the magic turtle.

Quote Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
    Agreed 100%. The group we have now, and maybe some more friends/regulars, we create a great nucleus to set the tone of the board and help determine policies and other decisions the board will face in the coming days/weeks. However, we will still need an influx of new members to really make this a great place.
    I agree. New members are critical to the board's success and brings fresh ideas and new ways of looking at things, so we don't get stuck in a rut. However, some maturity (regardless of their age) is essential!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by -HW- View Post
    I agree. New members are critical to the board's success and brings fresh ideas and new ways of looking at things, so we don't get stuck in a rut. However, some maturity (regardless of their age) is essential!
    AMEN SISTA!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information