Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: How Do We Get This Board To Grow?

LMAO @ that guy. Wow. And I think a good idea would be to keep bringing people from Broncomania over here and maybe Bronco fans that you know personally? or Bronco fans that you know from other forums. I might try to recruit some Bronco fans onto this site.

The more we recruit and the more people find out about this site the better. Also when I go to Bronco games this year I will try and tell as many people about this site as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Reidman View Post
    I honestly think the key lies in brand new members and not just members from Broncomania or who have been banned or left there. Those members are great for "establishing" a good foundation but growth usually stems from first timers.

My first board ever was mania and it inevitably had most of my attention over any other board where I became a member. People join boards at first for information but eventually form friendships and cliques which draw them in even more and keep them coming back.

So basically we need to do whatever we can to get the board name and rep out into cyber world..
    Definitely. We need to spread the word and figure out how to get the name out there.

It is a catch 22. On the one hand we are all going to like things when it is just posters we know, and we don't have trolls, etc. On the other hand, if the forum doesn't get enough critical mass, then there won't be enough daily activity to keep everyone happy and then it will simply fade away over time.

We need to all work to get new members over here to check it out, so that we can get enough momentum that the forums become self sustaining.

In addition to the word of mouth campaign, I have setup a google adwords advertising campaign. Obviously, I had to set it up with a limited budget, because it is coming out of my pocket, but that will hopefully introduce us to some new Broncos fans.

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Is drinking and typing allowed in the state of Arkansas? :p
    As long as it isn't in public, we are good. Of course, I have to drive about an hour to a 'wet' county to buy a beer!

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Not sure if it will generate any members but I once paid for some advertising at the site I was building.

Basically the program sends a certain amount of redirects to the link of my choice.

It has been going to waste for awhile as I am not using my old site anymore so the redirects have been going to a useless place really.

I just changed the URL so it will do the redirects here. About 20k redirects left on my account. Don't count on it helping but you never know, maybe a few will stay.

Maybe some will just be pissed about being redirected and just close the page LOL.

This link is basically what the redirect is and the add that goes with it.
    http://mass.manda1.com/cgi-bin/htmlo...86439872594470
    Was it Broncos/Sports advertising? Or, something else?

A quetion that came to me this morning is how do we get this board to grow to a point where it has some staying power? We all know that the Orange Mane and of course Broncomania are well established so how do we compete with them?
    TX... IMO, it's not a competition...

We should just have fun with each others here and things will happen...
    Of course... My presence and My bisous will surely help (Who said I was arrogant??? )

More seriously :
    Just have fun... tell our mind but stay civil... have our laughs, our discusses and just share our friendship... that's all...

Froggy's back !

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Reidman View Post
    I honestly think the key lies in brand new members and not just members from Broncomania or who have been banned or left there. Those members are great for "establishing" a good foundation but growth usually stems from first timers.

My first board ever was mania and it inevitably had most of my attention over any other board where I became a member. People join boards at first for information but eventually form friendships and cliques which draw them in even more and keep them coming back.

So basically we need to do whatever we can to get the board name and rep out into cyber world..
    I think you hit the nail on the head, while members from Broncomania can help to establish a solid foundation first timers are the ones that can get this board to grow.

When I asked the question originally that was part of my thought process, was 'How do we get first timers to this place?'

I think you hit the nail on the head, while members from Broncomania can help to establish a solid foundation first timers are the ones that can get this board to grow.

When I asked the question originally that was part of my thought process, was 'How do we get first timers to this place?'
    Agreed 100%. The group we have now, and maybe some more friends/regulars, we create a great nucleus to set the tone of the board and help determine policies and other decisions the board will face in the coming days/weeks. However, we will still need an influx of new members to really make this a great place.

Quote Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
    Was it Broncos/Sports advertising? Or, something else?
    Kinda generic advertising. They are a marketing company that has tons of clients. Basically they have tons of free forums, stuff like that I guess that people get redirected to.

Supposedly it redirects about 100 a day to the account, but since it is generic I am not sure how many if any will stay.

The best way to get this board to grow is by us keeping this board a quality place to post. If we talk intelligently and offer the fun that was on Broncomania (ABF) we'll be just fine. A lot of us here want to talk football and if we can demonstrate that we have a great amount of posters here who have a real knack for football, the people will come.

On Football's Future, a site I used to moderate at - I was one of the first members. It took several months to a year before the site really took off, but now they have over 24,000 members and two million posts a few years later. I don't know of Broncos Forums will ever get that big, but that'd be fantastic if it did.

Don't get discouraged if we don't have a couple hundred members by the end of the week. It'll all come in time. For us to already have 60+ members registered and some quality posting going on speaks volumes about the potential the community has. We just have to keep it up. Once the design is complete and we all get settled in, we'll grow.

Just have to keep up the good, hard work and people will realize this is the place to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    The best way to get this board to grow is by us keeping this board a quality place to post. If we talk intelligently and offer the fun that was on Broncomania (ABF) we'll be just fine. A lot of us here want to talk football and if we can demonstrate that we have a great amount of posters here who have a real knack for football, the people will come.

On Football's Future, a site I used to moderate at - I was one of the first members. It took several months to a year before the site really took off, but now they have over 24,000 members and two million posts a few years later. I don't know of Broncos Forums will ever get that big, but that'd be fantastic if it did.

Don't get discouraged if we don't have a couple hundred members by the end of the week. It'll all come in time. For us to already have 60+ members registered and some quality posting going on speaks volumes about the potential the community has. We just have to keep it up. Once the design is complete and we all get settled in, we'll grow.

Just have to keep up the good, hard work and people will realize this is the place to be.
    sounds about right to me...
    ________
    LIVE SEX WEBSHOWS
    Last edited by anton...; 08-31-2011 at 07:01 PM.

Is drinking and typing allowed in the state of Arkansas? :p
    The real question is can those from Arkansas type?

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    The real question is can those from Arkansas type?
    Not two wel. It mite be cawse we still hav manuel tiperighters in skool, not compewters.

UV lights and Super-Gro

Well it works for stoners!
    "Women are meant to be loved, not to be understood." Oscar Wilde

Add me on Facebook!

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Kapaibro View Post
    UV lights and Super-Gro

Well it works for stoners!

We'll have to get back you on that one Kapai.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

[QUOTE=TXBRONC;422]A quetion that came to me this morning is how do we get this board to grow to a point where it has some staying power? We all know that the Orange Mane and of course Broncomania are well established so how do we compete with them?

We just all need to spread the word - I am still sending out pms

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information