Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Upon Further Review by Orton

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    Why should we? This whole Orton/Cutler pick trade thing isnt a normal blunder. It was a flat out retarded ordeal.

Unfortunatley Orton will get the majority of the negativity though but... McDaniels/Bowlen deserves to be heckled more because its their fault.

If it ends up working out in the end, I will swallow my pride, and buy merchandise. If it doesnt, they deserve all the criticisim, boos, etc... they get.

They rolled the dice.

Say what you want about Cutler being a bitch, but we still held his contract for a couple years.
    Last I heard, McD listened to a trade offer and Cutler demanded one.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Last I heard, McD listened to a trade offer and Cutler demanded one.
    Cutler demanded one after meeting with JMCD. JMCD was stoopid to listen.

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Did McD trade Cutler or Bowlen?
    I got mind control while I'm here
    You goin' hate me when I'm gone
    Ain't no blood clot and no fear
    I got hope inside of my bones

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman View Post
    Im sure Ellis did, but Bowlen said it was his decision.

5. The Following User High Fived claymore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Im sure Ellis did, but Bowlen said it was his decision.
    Yeah I think I read that in the paper. I'm very well read you know.

7. The Following User High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

That's right...I forgot. McD kind of told Cutler that no one was going to kiss his ass and put him on a pedestal and King Cutler got pissy. I remember now

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

A couple of things.

Being serious here, stepping aside from my "I hate Ellis" mantra.

Generally speaking, what you see in the preseason (deficiensies) is what you get in the regular season. I saw lousy play at linebacker last year........and.......thats what we got.

Based on this, Simms is the better QB, he plays QB to "his" strengths and doesn't try to be a robot. Josh may hate this, but trying to put a square peg in a round hole doesn't work either. We are weak at the position but strong everywhere else on offense.

I was also impressed with Simms anger after his int, obviously....it meant alot to him as opposed to Orton acting non-chalant about 3 of them. This is a good thing.

Defensively, we are much improved except for d-line, Nolan is trying to compensate with pressure but we will get bit in the tail every once in awhile with the big play, he is doing the best with what he's got and thats what I expected from him, but there is only so much he can do until we get better personnel.

We are stacked at WR, very talented group.

11. The Following User High Fived Superchop 7 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Quote Originally Posted by Superchop 7 View Post
    A couple of things.

Being serious here, stepping aside from my "I hate Ellis" mantra.

Generally speaking, what you see in the preseason (deficiensies) is what you get in the regular season. I saw lousy play at linebacker last year........and.......thats what we got.

Based on this, Simms is the better QB, he plays QB to "his" strengths and doesn't try to be a robot. Josh may hate this, but trying to put a square peg in a round hole doesn't work either. We are weak at the position but strong everywhere else on offense.

I was also impressed with Simms anger after his int, obviously....it meant alot to him as opposed to Orton acting non-chalant about 3 of them. This is a good thing.

Defensively, we are much improved except for d-line, Nolan is trying to compensate with pressure but we will get bit in the tail every once in awhile with the big play, he is doing the best with what he's got and thats what I expected from him, but there is only so much he can do until we get better personnel.

We are stacked at WR, very talented group.
    Is this something you see from all teams preseason performance, or just our team with the old coaching regime?

Good grief, are we still arguing over this crap? Cutler is gone. Who was wrong and who was right doesn't make a damn bit of difference. Carrying on like a baby that got his toy taken won't change it. It is done.

I will never understand why people look forward to tearing down players on their favorite team. Step up and support the team and wish for the best instead of rooting for failure just to say "I told you so" on an internet message board.

I swear, it's like I'm playin' cards with my brother's kids or somethin'. You nerve-wrackin' sons-a-bitches.
    Last edited by Mike; 08-18-2009 at 09:52 AM.

14. The Following 6 Users High Fived Mike For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Superchop 7 View Post

He played well and a case can be made that the position is still a competition, but let's be honest, Simms benefited from more conservative playcalling and a hell of a lot better run game...and going against 2nd/3rd teamers didn't hurt. Like much else, it is wait and see, I am looking forward to seeing how Orton and Simms play in Seattle.

16. The Following User High Fived Mike For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    That's right...I forgot. McD kind of told Cutler that no one was going to kiss his ass and put him on a pedestal and QUEEN Cutler got pissy. I remember now
    Edited for acuracy.

Sent Via Blackberry.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Jrwiz View Post
    Edited for acuracy.

Sent Via Blackberry.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Good grief, are we still arguing over this crap? Cutler is gone. Who was wrong and who was right doesn't make a damn bit of difference. Carrying on like a baby that got his toy taken won't change it. It is done.

I will never understand why people look forward to tearing down players on their favorite team. Step up and support the team and wish for the best instead of rooting for failure just to say "I told you so" on an internet message board.

I swear, it's like I'm playin' cards with my brother's kids or somethin'. You nerve-wrackin' sons-a-bitches.
    That goes for you to JR.

19. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post

BS. JMCD deserves criticisim. I dont root agains Orton, I hope Im wrong, and he turns it around. JMCD made this ordeal happen. He deserves a short leash.,

21. The Following User High Fived claymore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by SWMoBroncosFan View Post
    Give the guy to at least mid season. I mean c'mon..the guy has a whole new playbook and system to learn. As does the rest of the offense! His first preseason game should not be used as a marker to judge him.

Now if he does not learn from his mistakes and carries them on and on and on....then we run him out of town on a rail....lol

But seriously...give him a few games into the regular season before passing too harsh of judgement.

But who's fault is that? Look, im hoping he does better but my expectations of McD and this team are still the same. McDaniels created a stir with the prior Qb here who was already familiar with the players and chemistry. And Orton isnt a rookie and he is known for somewhat taking care of the ball. I could of handled maybe 1 or 2 INT's but 3? In just one half? I dont care who you are, thats just unacceptable. Could be just a bad game and i hope thats the case but i dont agree with you that you cant look at this game and have some reservations about how this season could turn out. Im like a lot of you and dont want to have to look back this season and say, damn we made a huge mistake here.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman View Post
    Common sense says that McDaniels did.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information