Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How to watch movies/shows on TV. ??

Default How to watch movies/shows on TV. ??

The title doesn't explain anything well, but I don't words well.

I have Shows and Movies on my computer. I want to watch them on my TV. What's the best way to do this. I have a laptop, but that's the only thing we use it for, so I'd rather sell it. I put a movie on the thumb drive and stick it in my laptop and hook it to the TV. That just seems like a waste of a laptop. Is there anything else I can use instead? This is mainly for my wife. I watch everything on my computer anyway. I bought her a tablet with a mini HDMI port. But I really like the tablet and I'm going to keep it and buy her clothes instead. So that brings the problem back. What else could I use? I wish our Roku box simply had a USB port that would allow you to pull up and play mp4, wmp, mov, files, etc.

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

My smart TV and my blu ray player both have thumb drive spots and play files off sticks, that is how I watch them

Thanks MasterShake!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MileHighCrew View Post
    My smart TV and my blu ray player both have thumb drive spots and play files off sticks, that is how I watch them
    Well I maybe I don't have a Smart TV and a Blu Ray Player, Mr Fancy Pants.

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

you can get a $50 smart blu ray player form Walmart that can handle these files. Or you can use a rock and stick and draw your own movies. Mr Fancy pants LOL you have a laptop you only use to watch movies.........

Thanks MasterShake!!!

5. The Following User High Fived MileHighCrew For This Post:

you can get a $50 smart blu ray player form Walmart that can handle these files. Or you can use a rock and stick and draw your own movies. Mr Fancy pants LOL you have a laptop you only use to watch movies.........
    I had never considered Blu Ray players because they were expensive and I had always had a PS3. I sold the PS3, but I might get another one. She's still not using it though.

I seriously had no idea Blu Ray players came down that much. Seriously? $50ish? I didn't know they came down below $100 at all, but I usually skip that isle anyway.

Maybe you are helpful, Mr Fancy Pants.

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

I even think there are select "smart" DVD players out there. $50 could easly solve your problems.

I'm in combat pants right now as I am at work, not sure they are fancy. Anyone can get a free pair, just have to sign up for them Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ms5779.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	92.7 KB 
ID:	2087

Thanks MasterShake!!!

Does anyone know if I will be able to pull movies from a flash drive through the USB on a Blu Ray player and play a movie? Will it need to be a certain format?

I even think there are select "smart" DVD players out there. $50 could easly solve your problems.

I'm in combat pants right now as I am at work, not sure they are fancy. Anyone can get a free pair, just have to sign up for them Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ms5779.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	92.7 KB 
ID:	2087
    Oh, God. They look like Marine pants. Turble.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by dbfan2007 View Post
    Oh, God. They look like Marine pants. Turble.
    There are cords that you can plug into your TV from your laptop that will do the same thing. It's just like hooking up a second monitor, although I've never needed to do it.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    There are cords that you can plug into your TV from your laptop that will do the same thing. It's just like hooking up a second monitor, although I've never needed to do it.
    That's some damn good pants then.

Default How to watch movies/shows on TV. ??

I have a cheap $400 asus laptop that has an HDMI port on it Just connect to the Tv and enjoy.

13. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I think I know what you're trying to say. That's what I've been doing. I was just looking for an alternative. Hopefully the Blu Ray player idea works. I just hate using a laptop I can sell for $200 or more for that one, sole purpose. If a $50 Blu Ray player can do it, I'd rather go that route. I just hadn't thought of the Blu Ray player idea yet.

I'm just looking for something else that would do the same job, besides a laptop.

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

I have the same set up at work, here is a couple photos Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	66.8 KB 
ID:	2089Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	80.3 KB 
ID:	2090 this is an LG blu ray player on a very old TV we have in our shop.

Thanks MasterShake!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dbfan2007 View Post
    I'm just looking for something else that would do the same job, besides a laptop.
    I used to move shows and movies to a usb stick, then plug that in to my HDDVD player but I found that it was much more work than just connecting the laptop.

What kind of tablet did you get? if it is an Apple, you can get the Apple Tv thing that costs $100 and I believe it syncs wirelessly with your tablet to stream stuff on your TV.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information