Thread: I won yet....uuuuuugain!

Default I won yet....uuuuuugain!

I play in 4-6 leagues a year. 2-3 are money leagues. In the NorCalLegends money league I am a back to back champion.

My brother put up 140 points this week....his team was stacked! I still dropped 165 points on his ass!!! I won $200...just the same as last year. He was a little bummed out but this is the first year he actually won money and I think he felt good about finally making it to the championship. I kinda wanted him to win....just so he could get a taste of winning it all in a money league. I also would have won in another money league but I mismanaged my roster in the semi final.

We play a roster like this:
    QB
    WR
    WR
    RB
    RB
    TE
    FLEX
    K
    DEF

I always go with a 3rd RB in the flex.

So who else won???
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

2. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

u29 trumps bronx
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I don't know much about anything. In fact, I am one of the dumbest people alive.

4. The Following User High Fived shank For This Post:

I totally sucked at Fantasy Football this season. The only one I paid attention to was the bar's league, which I just won the championship on. Working essentially 3 jobs, I just didn't have time and didn't plan on it being that way. Found out after the season started about the other new job, so apologies for leagues I was in and couldn't do.

6. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I totally sucked at Fantasy Football this season. The only one I paid attention to was the bar's league, which I just won the championship on. Working essentially 3 jobs, I just didn't have time and didn't plan on it being that way. Found out after the season started about the other new job, so apologies for leagues I was in and couldn't do.
    I knew that I was going to have a lot of time commitments this year, which is why I didn't play at all this year.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    I knew that I was going to have a lot of time commitments this year, which is why I didn't play at all this year.
    Unfortunately my time constraints came after I already signed up and drafted teams.

Grats man! It's so awesome winning these things. Especially with all the time you put in on them. I won my biggest league as well. If you feel inquisitive check out the thread called $$$$
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

10. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Grats man! It's so awesome winning these things. Especially with all the time you put in on them. I won my biggest league as well. If you feel inquisitive check out the thread called $$$$
    I usually win at least one league every year. I like 12 man teams.

My team this year was

QB-Brees
    WR-Welker
    WR-Decker
    RB-Lynch
    RB-Spiller
    TE-Witten
    FLEX-Gore
    K-Prater
    DEF-Pitt

Bench was:
    QB-Schuab
    WR-Julio Jones
    WR- H. Nicks
    WR-L Moore
    RB-D.Williams
    RB. P.Thomas
    TE-Gronk (He was started until injured and I decided to stick with Witten in Championship)
    TE-Finley

As you can see my team was stacked. Alot of guys were doing dumb stuff this year and dropping good players. I always watch the waiver wire and jump on it. I am usually looking at the RBs. I also made a few key trades that landed me Gronk, Gore and another WR. I traded away Bradshaw and TE Davis away to a guy who had Gronk and Gore. Gronk was just going off earlier in the season too....I ended up with an 11-3 record going into the playoffs with first seed and 1656.12 total points. During the playoffs I put up 147, 156 and 165.

My other money league was almost identical, even same winning record but I completely mismanaged my roster and it cost me.

Yeah winnings fun but I prefer to play against really competitive teams. I would rather have a challenge.

14. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I think everyone would understand that. Job comes first!

Dude I LOVE spiller. Depending on who their coach is and what qb they get/use, I think spiller could put up top 5 pick numbers. Just curious, what points did he average for you week to week? I haven't looked yet but when he started I can only assume it was 15+ each week.

Easily in my top 5 rbs in the nfl. Very underrated. Nice pick up.

Yessssss. I only do money leagues for the challenge as non money leagues people are not serious or competitive.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Dude I LOVE spiller. Depending on who their coach is and what qb they get/use, I think spiller could put up top 5 pick numbers. Just curious, what points did he average for you week to week? I haven't looked yet but when he started I can only assume it was 15+ each week.

Easily in my top 5 rbs in the nfl. Very underrated. Nice pick up.

Yessssss. I only do money leagues for the challenge as non money leagues people are not serious or competitive.

I don't know right now but i'll check later. He was just ridiculous for me this year and I picked him up at a bargain. Alot of people passed on him....I got him very late. I picked up Knowshon in another league when Willis went down and he did well for me too. I watch the waiver wire like a hawk during the season. Normally I go with a guy like Brees very early and get a Rothlisburger or Eli Manning later for insurance or trade bait.

Money leagues are the way to go....people manage their rosters all year long. I would much rather play in a league where there is competition. I love the FLEX position though...so many choices for it. I could even put Gronk in as the starter and Witten in the Flex if one of my RBs or WRs didnt have a good matchup that week.

I was in 9 leagues on ESPN and 3 on NFL.

I won in 2 leagues on ESPN and I won in 1 league on NFL.

One of the leagues in ESPN, I lost by 1 point. They had it set up to where weeks 14 and 15 were your first round totals and then weeks 16 and 17 were your second round totals. The second round was the championship game if you won the first round or a consolation game if you lost the first round. Well, in week 14, me and the other guy tied. In week 15, he beat my by 1 point.

*note: I am the Muy Buenos

Oh, and I had way more points than anyone in the playoffs for weeks 16 and 17, so I would have won that championship game, if I hadn't lost in the first round.

Well when you're in about 15 leagues with random then you're bound to win at least 1. lol

Damn, that sucks to go out by 1 point DB. I've actually lost by .5 points or less before.

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    Well when you're in about 15 leagues with random then you're bound to win at least 1. lol

Damn, that sucks to go out by 1 point DB. I've actually lost by .5 points or less before.
    It was 12!

And I have to do that to greater my chances. Lol.

I won 4 of my 8 but failed in the 2 with my friends. Oh well, next year.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information