Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Buff, Shake and Mo's Pumpkins thread.

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

I bought this album after reading about it, and although it isn't as good to me as the older albums I'm glad I bought it. Good album, thanks for the reference guys

Thanks MasterShake!!!

2. The Following User High Fived MileHighCrew For This Post:

Default trindon

They neeta put Holiday in on Offence

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Let this thread not die.

*The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

I thought you guys were really into Jack-O-Lanterns or something.

Carry on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

I'm upset that I didn't get an invite to this thread.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Sorry NTL...

Hollywood has it wrong, BTW. The vampire rock stars don't have long, flowing, rock star hair, they look like Billy Corgan.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

10. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I never got the appeal. Corgan has a terrible voice IMO, somewhat akin to 1000 cats clawing the same chalkboard. Just my opinion obviously.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I never got the appeal. Corgan has a terrible voice IMO, somewhat akin to 1000 cats clawing the same chalkboard. Just my opinion obviously.
    The best I ever heard it explained was that there are singers (like Freddy Mercury) and then there are vocalists (like Bob Dylan). I don't care for Corgan's voice either personally, but it does sound cool on some songs. The thing that got me hooked on the Pumpkins was that during the grunge movement they still managed to sound like something else and there was a certain theatrics and poetry to their songs, even with early albums like Gish. What sealed it though was when I got to see them during the Mellon Collie tour at the old McNichols arena. They managed to piss off the kids that were there in their polo shirts and cargo shorts to hear the "hits" and pump up all the weird kids like me with loud, thrashing versions of their songs. It was the closest I have ever seen a true rock show as I understand it should be.

Say what you want about Billy Corgan as a singer, but his arrangements on songs, lyrics (for the most part), and guitar playing are par with some of the best. But I can totally understand why some people don't like the band.

Plus I like how he always hires hot chicks for bass players.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bassists.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	64.1 KB 
ID:	3177

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

And here is one of their newer songs that came between Zeitgeist and Oceania on the very underrated Teargarden by Kaleidoscope EPs:

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    He's Irish and that goes a long way with me. Pumpkins are alright. I have one of their cds, the one with the 2 girls on it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by bronconut View Post
    He's Irish and that goes a long way with me. Pumpkins are alright. I have one of their cds, the one with the 2 girls on it.
    And all my friends from Chicago worship him just for the fact that he is from there.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I'm as big a fan of Irishmusic as there is on this site, probably the biggest actually, and I still think his voice is the worst I've ever heard on an actual recording artist.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I like people with weird "original" voices, and I prefer those to the clean cut ones. Most of the music I listen to includes singers whose voices most people would listen to and go "what the **** this person sucks at singing" but I find that usually the voice fits the aesthetic of the music, so that's all that really matters. Clean cut voices are usually just boring.

I like the Pumpkins. Melon Collie is the goods.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    I like people with weird "original" voices, and I prefer those to the clean cut ones. Most of the music I listen to includes singers whose voices most people would listen to and go "what the **** this person sucks at singing" but I find that usually the voice fits the aesthetic of the music, so that's all that really matters.

I like the Pumpkins. Melon Collie is the goods.
    I stopped reading Rolling Stone reviews after they gave that 3 stars...

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    I stopped reading Rolling Stone reviews after they gave that 3 stars...
    Rolling Stone is a joke for music anyway.

I think Siamese Dream is my favorite over Melon Collie though.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information