Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Root for Houston or no?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    If Denver is the best team by a mile seeding is irrelevant. If not, the question is if you'd prefer playing NE in Denver or Houston in Houston. Which game scares you? Again, if the answer's "neither" it's irrelevant.
    But that's not really the question. Houston has no impact on where we play NE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    You realize if Houston wins we likely have to host NE AND go to Houston. Given that we will have to host NE either way I'd rather the other game be home for Baltimore / Indy than at Houston.
    And if Houston loses we likely have to host NE and Houston; the difference is NE won't have to play an extra game first, so they'll have a week to rest or heal. That's a bigger deal to me than whether we can beat Houston if 1) we make it to the AFCCG and 2) so do they; having homefield against everyone BUT Houston only matters if BOTH of us reach the AFCCG.

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    But that's not really the question. Houston has no impact on where we play NE.
    OK, yeah, a Broncos win gives us homefield over NE no matter what. So the question is whether you prefer playing Houston in Houston IF (and only if) we both reach the AFCCG, or giving New England a week off to rest and heal before their first home playoff game. I strongly prefer the latter, especially since the only way seeding Houston and Denver #1 and #2 won't give us every game at home is if we both reach the AFCCG. Otherwise, seeding Denver either #1 OR 2 is exactly the same—except that the seeding us #1 gives the Cheatriots a free week for the 19 people on their injury report to become uninjured before playing us in the AFCCG, which they won't have to do until winning a divisional game at home instead of on the road.

Ya'll make it sound like Denver can't win a road game ANYWHERE; I can only hope that's not true: The Super Bowl is in New Orleans....
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

And if Houston loses we likely have to host NE and Houston; the difference is NE won't have to play an extra game first, so they'll have a week to rest or heal. That's a bigger deal to me than whether we can beat Houston if 1) we make it to the AFCCG and 2) so do they; having homefield against everyone BUT Houston only matters if BOTH of us reach the AFCCG.

OK, yeah, a Broncos win gives us homefield over NE no matter what. So the question is whether you prefer playing Houston in Houston IF (and only if) we both reach the AFCCG, or giving New England a week off to rest and heal before their first home playoff game. I strongly prefer the latter, especially since the only way seeding Houston and Denver #1 and #2 won't give us every game at home is if we both reach the AFCCG. Otherwise, seeding Denver either #1 OR 2 is exactly the same—except that the seeding us #1 gives the Cheatriots a free week for the 19 people on their injury report to become uninjured before playing us in the AFCCG, which they won't have to do until winning a divisional game at home instead of on the road.

Ya'll make it sound like Denver can't win a road game ANYWHERE; I can only hope that's not true: The Super Bowl is in New Orleans....
    New Orleans is a home game for Peyton, so no problems there!

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller

I am rooting on the Colts this weekend. As of right now if the Colts were not to win I believe we will see New England after our week off. To be honest since Shanahan has been gone New England has had our number. I prefer to be the #1 seed. Now if the Colts cannot get the job done this week....I will be looking for a ticket to go to the AFCC here in Houston as I will be there to watch our Broncos pound on them on the way to the SB.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Have Colts win. That means we couple play Pats in the AFC Championship game. If Houston wins. Pats will play us round 2 since we get the highest seed wildcard game and Houston gets lowest.

Quote Originally Posted by Crush05 View Post
    I am rooting on the Colts this weekend. As of right now if the Colts were not to win I believe we will see New England after our week off. To be honest since Shanahan has been gone New England has had our number. I prefer to be the #1 seed. Now if the Colts cannot get the job done this week....I will be looking for a ticket to go to the AFCC here in Houston as I will be there to watch our Broncos pound on them on the way to the SB.
    If you are THAT scared of NE, why would you want to give them an extra week off and a divisional home game? A Colts win doesn't help us against NE, it helps NE against pretty much EVERYONE. It might also help us against Houston, if we both get that far, but if you don't think we can beat NE in Mile High after we had a week off and they didn't, what makes you think we can do it after we BOTH had a bye and played a game?

I can understand wanting the Colts to win so we get the #1 seed, though I don't think it's worth all but assuring NE a first round bye that would otherwise be unattainable. It makes no sense in terms of beating NE though, because it doesn't help us at all, but helps them a great deal.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

If you are THAT scared of NE, why would you want to give them an extra week off and a divisional home game? A Colts win doesn't help us against NE, it helps NE against pretty much EVERYONE. It might also help us against Houston, if we both get that far, but if you don't think we can beat NE in Mile High after we had a week off and they didn't, what makes you think we can do it after we BOTH had a bye and played a game?

I can understand wanting the Colts to win so we get the #1 seed, though I don't think it's worth all but assuring NE a first round bye that would otherwise be unattainable. It makes no sense in terms of beating NE though, because it doesn't help us at all, but helps them a great deal.
    Your problem is that you are REALLY overrating the help the bye week will give New England. You've given no good reason as to how that would make our matchup against them in the AFCCG so much more difficult than if we were to play them in the divisional round.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

if we are 1 and NE is 3 we wont play them until AFCCG.....that is 1 game later then playing them divisional round.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Miller

Ah so it begins, just get back to the boards and someone assumes. Never said I was afraid of New England. I honestly believe any given Sunday any team can win. With that being said I like our chances being the number one seed with home field throughout the playoffs That being said I know we can beat the Pats as we will not lose to the same team twice I feel. But also if we are the #2 seed I welcome that as I feel the AFCC game would be in Houston and since I moved here to Houston this year I would be at that game.

The way I see it, which is more likely to result in a Denver loss:

-Playing on the road against Houston
    -Playing at home against New England

I think it's an easy #2. So anything that reduces the chances of Denver having to play New England at home is good IMO.

Yeah, HFA is nice but it doesn't matter if the Pats come in and beat us, and the weakness of Denver's defense is good tight end play. New England should have Gronkowski back for the playoffs and they have Hernandez. Yes, Denver absolutely can beat them, but the most likely scenario where the Broncos lose in the postseason is losing to the Patriots IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    Your problem is that you are REALLY overrating the help the bye week will give New England. You've given no good reason as to how that would make our matchup against them in the AFCCG so much more difficult than if we were to play them in the divisional round.
    I'll make this really simple, then explain the rationale: A Texans loss helps NE a lot, but CAN'T help us until the AFCCG.

It helps NE tons, because it all but guarantees them a bye, and they have 19 people on the injury report right now. The #3 seed means they either try to win without those players next week, or play them, deny them a chance to recover, and hope their injuries don't get WORSE.

It can't help US unless we play Houston in the AFCCG though. Neither of us can be the #4 seed, so if either of us is the #1 seed we won't meet until the AFCCG. If neither of us is the #1 seed:

1) We both win, and are seeded #1 and #2, 2) We win and they lose, so we're seeded #1 and they're seeded #2/3 or 3) we both lose and are seeded #2 and #3. That last is the ONLY way we can meet prior to the AFCCG—but Houston would STILL be tied and have the head-to-head, so we'd still play there, just one round sooner.

Unless the Cheatriots are SO much scarier than the Ravens that we'd rather play them or Cincy at home in the divisional round, a Texans loss doesn't help us until the AFCCG; it just gives NE a bye.

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    if we are 1 and NE is 3 we wont play them until AFCCG.....that is 1 game later then playing them divisional round.
    If we are #1 NE will be #2, not #3, and we will play them after the divisional round, yes, but they'll get a bye and play the divisional round game at home first. We'll get a bye and be at home until the AFCCG either way unless we lose this week (in which case a Houston loss gives NE homefield throughout the playoffs.) I just don't want to give NE that same advantage, whether or not we get to play them at home in the AFCCG.

Quote Originally Posted by Crush05 View Post
    Ah so it begins, just get back to the boards and someone assumes. Never said I was afraid of New England. I honestly believe any given Sunday any team can win. With that being said I like our chances being the number one seed with home field throughout the playoffs That being said I know we can beat the Pats as we will not lose to the same team twice I feel. But also if we are the #2 seed I welcome that as I feel the AFCC game would be in Houston and since I moved here to Houston this year I would be at that game.
    I don't think playing Houston there gives them a big advantage, though it would probably deny US one. Perhaps a bigger issue there would be the same as with NE: Houston's D is really beat up right now, as has been clear the past month or so, and a bye gives those players a week off to get healthier without the risk of losing a playoff game. In that respect, a Texans loss could help us (but, again, only in the AFCCG) because the Cheatriots D is garbage and the Texans' is brutal when their secondary is healthy, but it isn't right now and that's been their weak link since the team came into existence.

Any way we slice it though, the team to root for (other than Denver, obviously) isn't the Colts: It's the Dolphins, because if they win we're guaranteed a bye and homefield against anyone but Houston even if the Chefs pull of a miraculous upset, and NE is guaranteed to play their only game Wildcard Weekend. Of course, if the Texans lose and Cheatriots lose while the Broncos and Ravens win, we're the #1 seed and NE the #4, so we'd probably play them in the divisional round while the #2 seeded Texans hosted the #3 Ravens. I'd be fine with that, too, though, because NE still wouldn't get a week off to heal with no risk of losing.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Again, if Houston loses, the Broncos finish #1 seed, with a win over KC, and as long as they keep winning, they will have home games. That's all I care about.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

13. The Following User High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Default Root for Houston or no?

I hope to beat New England in the Divisional round in front of a pumped up mile high crowd, then give Peyton and the Defense a climate controlled dome in which to tear Houston a new one. As long as we end up in New Orleans the teams in front of us are of no bother if our team is as good as it seems to be right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Native (Carol) View Post
    Again, if Houston loses, the Broncos finish #1 seed, with a win over KC, and as long as they keep winning, they will have home games. That's all I care about.
    As long as Denver wins we're at home until the AFCCG, and even then against anyone but Houston. The only difference a Houston win makes to US is that they (and ONLY they) would have homefield against us in the AFCCG (and ONLY the AFCCG.) It would be a tremendous break for NE though, because it would give them a week off to recover from injury, and they'd be at home in the divisional round. Of course, the same applies to Houston unless NE loses (unlikely,) so I guess the real question is: Would you rather give NE a bye and play them in Denver, or give Houston one and play them in Houston?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

As long as Denver wins we're at home until the AFCCG, and even then against anyone but Houston. The only difference a Houston win makes to US is that they (and ONLY they) would have homefield against us in the AFCCG (and ONLY the AFCCG.) It would be a tremendous break for NE though, because it would give them a week off to recover from injury, and they'd be at home in the divisional round. Of course, the same applies to Houston unless NE loses (unlikely,) so I guess the real question is: Would you rather give NE a bye and play them in Denver, or give Houston one and play them in Houston?
    I would prefer playing in Denver, regardless of who it is against.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information