Thread: College Football's most valued schools (Forbes)

Default College Football's most valued schools (Forbes)

http://www.forbes.com/sites/chrissmi...-still-on-top/

Our college football valuations use a weighted scoring system to measure the value created for four key areas. The four components, in order of weight, consist of each team's 1. value to its university (football profit contributed to academic programming, including football scholarships), 2. value to its athletic department (football profit that supports other athletic initiatives), 3. value to its conference (distribution of bowl game revenue) and 4. value to the surrounding community (estimated spending by visitors on days of home games). Financial data is from the 2011-12 fiscal year, and we standardize revenues and expenses in order to account for differences in each school's method of reporting financial information to the Department of Education.
    Texas, Michigan, and Notre Damn are the top 3. The list continues for the top 20. Just click on the slideshow.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

When you look at the all-time wins list, it is the same three though not in that order. Coincidence?
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Interesting, too, to look at their Bottom 10 major college programs:

1. Kansas
    2. Indiana
    3. Colorado
    4. Washington St.
    5. Boston College
    6. Duke
    7. Minnesota
    8. Cal
    9. Purdue
    10. Auburn

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/emdm4...for-the-money/

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    When you look at the all-time wins list, it is the same three though not in that order. Coincidence?
    True. It's seems similar for the most part. I think Tennessee is 9th on that list and 8th or 9th on the wins list.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

But Colorado is like 20th all time in wins but 3rd from the bottom on that list. What have you done for me lately I guess.

I'm not really a fan of any specific school but if either or both of my children were to get athletic/academic scholarships and I could choose the school I would pick Stanford without hesitation. To me Stanford is the gold standard for Athletics combined with Academics.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

6. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    But Colorado is like 20th all time in wins but 3rd from the bottom on that list. What have you done for me lately I guess.

I'm not really a fan of any specific school but if either or both of my children were to get athletic/academic scholarships and I could choose the school I would pick Stanford without hesitation. To me Stanford is the gold standard for Athletics combined with Academics.
    Right. I'm sure Auburn has a lot of wins total but are near the bottom as well. But obviously Tennessee hasn't done anything lately.

Agreed. I've always liked Stanford. I think it will end up depending on where we live. The kids will more than likely stay in state. And I won't be in California.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Most of my sister's family went to the University of Wyoming because, they said, out of state tuition at Wyoming was cheaper than in-state tuition at the Colorado universities.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Chicken or egg...

Does the winning create the value, or does the money create the winning?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information