Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33

Thread: You guys ready to have your season ended in humiliating fashion again?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Top ten? That's asking a lot from ANY season.

However, there were some great moments and games. Prater hitting from over 50 yards to send us into overtime against the Bears, the overtime thriller in the playoffs, steamrolling the Raiders in Oakland, Tebow's scramble and throw at Minnesota.

Lots of fun times as a fan. Some ugly stuff too, but overall it was a fun season.
    When I read "some of the great Broncos moments ever" and then get my fan hood questioned, it makes me wonder...

Sure, a few fun moments, but kind of a ridiculous end to the season, sandwiched around a truly great Broncos moment. I think I put that at No. 5 in Broncos moments ever when we did a ranking last offseason. But other than that, I personally don't see great moments.

I'm going to remember the Bears game because it was only the third game I've been to, not because it was a great moment in franchise history. Again, not trying to be a dick, but I just don't see that season as any more fun than any other winning season.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    When I read "some of the great Broncos moments ever" and then get my fan hood questioned,
    Mo, I will never question your fag hood.

3. The Following User High Fived WTE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Top ten? That's asking a lot from ANY season.

However, there were some great moments and games. Prater hitting from over 50 yards to send us into overtime against the Bears, the overtime thriller in the playoffs, steamrolling the Raiders in Oakland, Tebow's scramble and throw at Minnesota.

Lots of fun times as a fan. Some ugly stuff too, but overall it was a fun season.
    As far as questioning fanhood, I believe MO called Wayninja out for the exact same thing, for the "crime" apparently of not hating Tim Tebow obsessively. Wayninja is not nor ever was a huge Tebow fan, and you did him an injustice. It works both ways.

2011 ranks up there with 1981 andf 2000 for me as fun seasons with not great teams. Not up there with 97-98, but it was a blast to watch, at least barring the last Chiefs and Bills nightmares
    Last edited by Dreadnought; 01-24-2013 at 11:12 PM.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    As far as questioning fanhood, I believe you yourself called Wayninja out for the exact same thing, for the "crime" apparently of not hating Tim Tebow obsessively. Wayninja is not nor ever was a huge Tebow fan, and you did him an injustice.
    Yeah Mo! What do you have to say about this!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    Yeah Mo! What do you have to say about this!!
    To say Wayninja isn't a Tebow fan is extremely inaccurate.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

8. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

To say Wayninja isn't a Tebow fan is extremely inaccurate.
    I like the kid, he was QB for the Broncos during a very exciting season. I admit that while I never entertained the thought of him being our starter over Manning, I wasn't real happy he got dealt. I would have like to let him sit and watch manning, he was a cheap commodity to keep, although I know the media attention would not have been cheap, just don't care about that.

But I believe the quote was 'huge' Tebow fan. If you check, I've never been registered on any college forum, and only a Jets forum during the invasion Sneakers launched when he was traded, in jest. Before being banned of course.

So no, I'm not 'huge' Tebow fan, I have no Tebow Jerseys, I have no stock in him any longer, and I don't follow him really anymore other than the headlines I hear. So.. I'd say Dreadnought is pretty accurate...

Is it ok for me to tell you how big a fan I am, or do you get to decide that?
    Last edited by wayninja; 01-25-2013 at 01:23 AM.

10. The Following User High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    I like the kid, he was QB for the Broncos during a very exciting season. I admit that while I never entertained the thought of him being our starter over Manning, I wasn't real happy he got dealt. I would have like to let him sit and watch manning, he was a cheap commodity to keep, although I know the media attention would not have been cheap, just don't care about that.

But I believe the quote was 'huge' Tebow fan. If you check, I've never been registered on any college forum, and only a Jets forum during the invasion Sneakers launched when he was traded, in jest. Before being banned of course.

So no, I'm not 'huge' Tebow fan, I have no Tebow Jerseys, I have no stock in him any longer, and I don't follow him really anymore other than the headlines I hear. So.. I'd say Dreadnought is pretty accurate...

Is it ok for me to tell you how big a fan I am, or do you get to decide that?
    Beats me. I was informed last night that I'm not a Broncos fan because I found 2012 more exciting than 2011.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

All i know is both Tebow and the New England Patriots got explosed.

13. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

WTE

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    All i know is both Tebow and the New England Patriots got explosed.
    and Peyton Manning doesn't like to be explosed to the outdoor elements.

15. The Following User High Fived WTE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Our poor season was explosded!

Quote Originally Posted by wayninja View Post
    Our poor season was explosded!
    You spelled explosed wrong.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Beats me. I was informed last night that I'm not a Broncos fan because I found 2012 more exciting than 2011.
    I don't think anyone accused or informed you of that. And I think that statement was directed more towards people who took nothing positive out of 2011 vs. comparing it to 2012.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information