Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Jets bypass Tim Tebow, name Greg McElroy the starting quarterback

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

With Tebow throwing to J. Blackman and handing of to MJD, he will have the Jaguars in the Super Bowl in his first year there. Not only that, lots of players will go to Jax so they can play with Tebow.

Quote Originally Posted by artie_dale View Post
    At this point, what would the Jets have to lose by letting Tebow start the last game.

And as far as Jacksonvilling getting Tebow and surrounding him with anyone in particular... LMMFAO! If Tebow is a baller, he's supposed to be able to get it done no matter who else is on the team, so what's anybody worried about? But don't be surprised if no WR's with decent tallent/ability don't want to play in Jacksonville. That's the nature of that beast.
    Which reminds me. The Teboites used to say how crappy Thomas and Decker were when Tebow was here. How they dropped all kind of balls, couldn't get open, etc.....

It makes a world of diff when you have a QB that can actually throw a catchable ball. DT and Decker are pretty darn good WR's right now.

So yeah, you're right. Not many good WR's are gonna want to be where Teobow goes.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived turftoad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by artie_dale View Post
    At this point, what would the Jets have to lose by letting Tebow start the last game.

And as far as Jacksonvilling getting Tebow and surrounding him with anyone in particular... LMMFAO! If Tebow is a baller, he's supposed to be able to get it done no matter who else is on the team, so what's anybody worried about? But don't be surprised if no WR's with decent tallent/ability don't want to play in Jacksonville. That's the nature of that beast.
    If Tebow plays better then Sanchez, Ryan looks like an idiot.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
    With Tebow throwing to J. Blackman and handing of to MJD, he will have the Jaguars in the Super Bowl in his first year there. Not only that, lots of players will go to Jax so they can play with Tebow.
    Sarcasm?
    Let's Rid3!!!!

6. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Decker and D Thomas werent as motivated to catch passes from Tebow as they are from Manning. They dropped balls from Tebow on purpose. Thats why Manning had a better season than Tebow. We could be 13-3 with Tebow.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Dzone is laying it on thick. Lmao

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Dzone is laying it on thick. Lmao
    LOL..Tebow haters are some of the most fun people to watch on here. Sometimes, they just go berserk. Its hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    Which reminds me. The Teboites used to say how crappy Thomas and Decker were when Tebow was here. How they dropped all kind of balls, couldn't get open, etc.....

It makes a world of diff when you have a QB that can actually throw a catchable ball. DT and Decker are pretty darn good WR's right now.

So yeah, you're right. Not many good WR's are gonna want to be where Teobow goes.

for the record of 81 WR with 25% or more snaps played this year DT and Decker are 57th and 67th in the league in drop rate, an improvement over last year, but still bottom 25% in the league. DT is a rare athlete for sure, but he still drops too many passes and Decker is nothing special. Manning however is incredible I will give him that and Stokely catches everything that comes his way (13th overall).
    Last edited by catfish; 12-28-2012 at 09:06 PM.

Facts are stubborn, but statistics are more pliable. -
    Mark Twain

I am a great believer in luck, I find the harder I work, the luckier I become-Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    That actually makes some sense. As far as Tebowmania conspiracy theories go, anyway.......
    I was actually trying to be give them the benefit of the doubt that they had some kind of reason for doing it, no matter how horrible a QB they think he is it makes zero sense not to play him in a game that has literally zero meaning and instead go back to the starter that you benched for poor performance in the first place.

Mark Twain

I am a great believer in luck, I find the harder I work, the luckier I become-Thomas Jefferson

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by catfish View Post
    for the record of 81 WR with 25% or more snaps played this year Decker are 57th and 67th in the league in drop rate, an improvement over last year, but still bottom 25% in the league. DT is a rare athlete for sure, but he still drops too many passes and Decker is nothing special. Manning however is incredible I will give him that and Stokely catches everything that comes his way (13th overall).
    Dont know about all that. Are these guys Megatron clones? No

But, considering last year Denver was ranked 31st in receiving and are now ranked 6th speaks volumes. In fact, looking at this breakdown they are not nearly as bad as you would imply.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/wr

Decker- ranked 4th
    Thomas- ranked 6th

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/wr2011

Decker- ranked 71st
    Thomas- ranked 62nd

Key note* We cannot yet fully separate the performance of a receiver from the performance of his quarterback. Be aware that one will affect the other.

The bottom line in all this is these concerns about drops are far far far far outweighed by the good things they do on the field. As the key note pointed too half the battle is having a QB who can accurately and timely get the ball to the receiver.

14. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Dont know about all that. Are these guys Megatron clones? No

But, considering last year Denver was ranked 31st in receiving and are now ranked 6th speaks volumes. In fact, looking at this breakdown they are not nearly as bad as you would imply.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/wr

Decker- ranked 4th
    Thomas- ranked 6th

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/wr2011

Decker- ranked 71st
    Thomas- ranked 62nd

Key note* We cannot yet fully separate the performance of a receiver from the performance of his quarterback. Be aware that one will affect the other.

The bottom line in all this is these concerns about drops are far far far far outweighed by the good things they do on the field. As the key note pointed too half the battle is having a QB who can accurately and timely get the ball to the receiver.
    Seeing as how Larry Fitzgerald is shown as 82nd on the list I would say that the list is heavily dependant on who the QB is.

DT has top 10 potential, I would think that you put basically any NFL quality receiver in Decker's spot with an all time great like Manning throwing at him and he put up similar numbers as Decker is putting up. Manning is worlds better for them in their development as young receivers, but you won't know what you really have till Manning retires, becasue he can make a scrub look good and a good WR look great.

As far as total passing offense, you would have been ranked a bit higher, but not much if they had thrown the league average# of passes. 540 passes like Manning has thrown so far this year would have put you around 20th. The 31st in the league is a bit skewed by the fact that they literally ran the ball 66% of the time last year. Again Tebow will never come close to Manning, but it isn't as bad as some like to make out. I just get tired of the catch-able ball bit, because it was a bullshit argument last year and it has been proven to be crap this year yet it is still repeated as fact
    Last edited by catfish; 12-28-2012 at 09:31 PM.

Mark Twain

16. The Following User High Fived catfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by catfish View Post
    Seeing as how Larry Fitzgerald is shown as 82nd on the list I would say that the list is heavily dependant on who the QB is.

DT has top 10 potential, I would think that you put basically any NFL quality receiver in Decker's spot with an all time great like Manning throwing at him and he put up similar numbers as Decker is putting up. Manning is worlds better for them in their development as young receivers, but you won't know what you really have till Manning retires, becasue he can make a scrub look good and a good WR look great.

As far as total passing offense, you would have been ranked a bit higher, but not much if they had thrown the league average# of passes. 540 passes like Manning has thrown so far this year would have put you around 20th. The 31st in the league is a bit skewed by the fact that they literally ran the ball 66% of the time last year. Again Tebow will never come close to Manning, but it isn't as bad as some like to make out. I just get tired of the catch-able ball bit, because it was a bullshit argument last year and it has been proven to be crap this year yet it is still repeated as fact
    If thats the case than maybe Fitzgerald isnt all he is cracked up to be. Lets face it, his best years came at the hands of Kurt Warner and has done squat since then. I mean, if that is your total argument than Fitzgerald cant be that good. Obviously we know better but the thing about receivers is much like the QB's in the NFL. Only a few of them are really "elite", the rest are either very good, good, average, or bad. Stafford (while a first rounder) isnt quite there but Johnson seems to be the really only standout amongst the what we would call "elite" receivers. Of course guys like Peyton will make other receivers look better, he's a better passer. Shit, Orton made Lloyd look like a Superstar but since then he's been pretty ho-hum even on the Patriots. Marshall has done it with some pretty average passers so maybe he is more elite than what we have but i think at the same time you believing that Tebow is actually better than he is a bit misguided. I mean how bad do you have to be when you cant unseat a struggling guy like Sanchez?

Funny thing is its one thing when someone tries to argue his wins vs a guy like Orton. At least with that argument there is some merit (although there were some other factors applied to that) but as a passer Orton was still better than he was. I just have to go back to MO's stance that if Tebow isnt doing what is necessary to make the coach a believer why should he be inserted? At some point you have to do what is necessary to earn the job. Even as bad as Orton was at least he gave the coach a reason to start him. And its not like practice is that hard as it is so again i have to ask how bad do you have to be to not even be considered?

If thats the case than maybe Fitzgerald isnt all he is cracked up to be. Lets face it, his best years came at the hands of Kurt Warner and has done squat since then. I mean, if that is your total argument than Fitzgerald cant be that good. Obviously we know better but the thing about receivers is much like the QB's in the NFL. Only a few of them are really "elite", the rest are either very good, good, average, or bad. Stafford (while a first rounder) isnt quite there but Johnson seems to be the really only standout amongst the what we would call "elite" receivers. Of course guys like Peyton will make other receivers look better, he's a better passer. Shit, Orton made Lloyd look like a Superstar but since then he's been pretty ho-hum even on the Patriots. Marshall has done it with some pretty average passers so maybe he is more elite than what we have but i think at the same time you believing that Tebow is actually better than he is a bit misguided. I mean how bad do you have to be when you cant unseat a struggling guy like Sanchez?

Funny thing is its one thing when someone tries to argue his wins vs a guy like Orton. At least with that argument there is some merit (although there were some other factors applied to that) but as a passer Orton was still better than he was. I just have to go back to MO's stance that if Tebow isnt doing what is necessary to make the coach a believer why should he be inserted? At some point you have to do what is necessary to earn the job. Even as bad as Orton was at least he gave the coach a reason to start him. And its not like practice is that hard as it is so again i have to ask how bad do you have to be to not even be considered?
    Larry Fitgerald had 1411 yds on 80 catches last year, that is 2 full yards per catch over DT and 5+ yards over Decker. He is easily one of the top 3 receivers in the league. The fact that that list had him as 2nd worst is idiotic, the fact that football outsiders are responsible for ESPN's total QBR ranking is another nail in the coffin.

as to what it takes to get on the field the question becomes where is the bar set to make the coach a believer? Sanchez has 13 TD to 17 ints, multiple fumbles, a 54% completion rating a 6.4 YPA and a passer rating of 67.9, all of those stats with the exception of completion% are worse than any numbers Tebow put up last year, he already got benched for too many turnovers and they went to the backup guy, I can't think of a single reason why you would go back to your original starter that is based on football reasons except the possibility that I put forth and was mocked for, he is going to be traded in the offseason

Mark Twain

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

This thread turned from sarcasm to a Good read. LOL Thanks for the insight .

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
    This thread turned from sarcasm to a Good read. LOL Thanks for the insight .
    at this point I literally don't know who is mocking me and who want's to have a legit convo so I am going to step out and go to bed

Mark Twain

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information