Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Let my Tebow Go

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    While I agree they don't utilize him effectively (especially in the red zone) I disagree that you just let him run the offense. I really believe last year was just an anomally and won't be repeated in that same kind of manner.

Clearly Sanchez isn't the answer but no way do I think Tim is either. I think he is a good athlete and you need to know when to use him but clearly if he can't surplant Sanchez at this stage it means something. Maybe a team will still give him a shot but I really believe he will just be a package guy or journeyman backup.
    Sanchez hasn't been supplanted because of $$$....After last night though, I don't think even 17 mil will keep Sanchez on the field at this point.

As bad as Tebow looks at times, one thing he was pretty consistent at was protecting the football...I think Sanchez has 25 turnovers or something like that...Sanchez's carelessness with the football probably cost the Jets a few games at the very least.
    Last edited by vandammage13; 12-18-2012 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by claymore View Post
    Until Tebow can produce on the practice field he will never be real NFL Starter. We can hem and haw about everything else, but that is what is holding Tebow back.
    I think that's the crux of it...It's just too much for coaches to risk to just hold the belief that he'll get it done once the lights come on.

That is understandable to me, but when the guy ahead of him clearly can't get it done you might as well give him a shot in my opinion. The Broncos eventually did last year and it paid off, while the Jets stuck to their guns and it bit them in the butt (although I think that had a lot to do with $$ as I stated in a previous post).

But ultimately Tim's got to give the coaches a better reason to play him other than the guy ahead of him just sucks...Unfortunately, he hasn't been able to do that.
    Last edited by vandammage13; 12-18-2012 at 02:52 PM.

Last edited by turftoad; 12-18-2012 at 03:17 PM.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

4. The Following User High Fived turftoad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

It's about money.

6. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

It's about money.
    No. It's about Rex's ego.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Has anyone seen Tebow practice lately? I keep hearing that he practices so poorly and that's why he won't start. That he hasn't earned it. Can anyone confirm this, or is it strictly because of a few articles last season and what Rex Ryan thinks? Forgive me for doubting Rex Ryan.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    It's about money.
    No. It's about Rex's ego.
    He just likes to put his foot down.

11. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

He just likes to put his foot down.
    No, wait.

Let's blame something else. Rex Ryan is too easy.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

13. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by dbfan2007 View Post
    Has anyone seen Tebow practice lately? I keep hearing that he practices so poorly and that's why he won't start. That he hasn't earned it. Can anyone confirm this, or is it strictly because of a few articles last season and what Rex Ryan thinks? Forgive me for doubting Rex Ryan.
    I havent read anything different. I know the Jets players think he is terrible, and would only see him in practice, so I assume the situation remains the same.
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I havent read anything different. I know the Jets players think he is terrible, and would only see him in practice, so I assume the situation remains the same.
    This year was the year he was going to get better.

16. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josh McDaniels Sucks

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    This year was the year he was going to get better.
    You cant fix stupid. Or left handed stupid.
    Thanks MO for the wicked Sig.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

DF actually had it right really.

It isnt about Sanchez's money, it isnt about Rex's ego. Its that Tebow HIMSELF has not given them (as an organziation, coaches, etc) a reason to start him. NONE, ZIP, ZILCHO. If he really was a difference maker he would be in. Its not like the 3rd stringer is all world here. Its just that he apparently does something that Tebow cant.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I wonder if Tebow could ever be convinced to play a different position? He be pretty badass TE/utility player.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

One unnamed player said he was terrible. One.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

You cant fix stupid. Or left handed stupid.
    How do you fix being 4'11"?

22. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information