Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Adrian Peterson Show

Default The Adrian Peterson Show

The Adrian Peterson Show

There is no defensive player, no matter how hard you look, who isn’t terrified of Adrian Peterson now. No player will admit it, but they are definitley scared of him. Just watch the Vikings to see why.

At this rate, Adrian Peterson will rush for more yards than the legendry Barry Sanders did in his first year. It’s not often that a team stumbles upon such a hot prospect. The Vikings definitley weren’t expecting Peterson to fall to them, but boy are they glad he did.

Just as the Patriots @ Colts game was the battle of the Quarterbacks, the Chargers @ Vikings game was the battle of the running backs. Adrian Peterson outshone last seasons MVP Ladainian Tomlinson by miles. Adrian Peterson ran for 256 yards more than Tomlinson did, Peterson made Tomlinson look like the rookie. Peterson made the 7th best rush defense, look like the Broncos run defense.

Peterson rushed for 296 yards on 30 carries (9.9avg), that’s an NFL record for rushing yards. Tomlinson ran for 40 yards on 16 carries (2.5 avg), those are horrible numbers even against the 2nd best rush defense in the NFL.

Peterson’s senstational Sunday display proved he is possibly the best running back in the NFL, people usually don’t like to call a rookie the best anything, but how can you honestly deny it? Adrian Peterson is 268 rushing yards clear of second place rusher, Willie Parker. But forget stats, Peterson is probably the most creative running back in the NFL, as well as being as hard to tackle as anyone you could mention because of his quick feet and mind blowing moves. If he get's to the second level, the defensive players from the opposing team should just go and sit down. But Peterson has been working on something else, setting up his blocks, which he did an absolutetly astonishing job of against the Chargers.

"I really studied it and looked at the other things I can do better," Peterson said after the game.

"It did seem like he was more patient," center Matt Birk said Monday. "It was not only letting us get on our blocks, but also helping us set up our blocks. It just felt like at some points he was a little bit more patient."

"Even this year [as a rookie], you don't know what the kid is going to do next," safety Darren Sharper said Monday. "Every time he touches the ball, you don't know. It could be the play of all time that you might watch."

Adrian “AD” Peterson also gives his teammates confidence, he is a true leader.

"He's a separate entity, but to say that Adrian gives you that swagger," coach Brad Childress said on Monday following Minnesota's 35-17 victory over San Diego. "It gives you a swagger when you can beat people up and win, no matter how you are doing it."

Let’s not forget the men behind Peterson’s success, the Vikings offensive line. Although having a weaker right side, the Vikings have possibly THE best left sided offensive line in the NFL. At left tackle, the Vikings have previously controversial behemoth Bryant McKinnie. At left guard the Vikings have 4 time Pro Bowler Steve Hutchinson and at center the Vikings have 5 time Pro Bowler Matt Birk. These three linemen provide brilliant run blocking for the Vikings. The Minnesota Vikings use the same zone block scheme as the Denver Broncos do.

The main problem with Adrian Peterson early on was that he was taking unnecessary hits, and after being labeled “injury prone” by various scouts, this was a worry for those associated to the Minnesota Vikings. But after sitting down with head coach Brad Childress and talking about Peterson's errors, Peterson has learnt from some of his mistakes.

There is absolutely no team in the NFL who doesn’t want Peterson. Teams would most probably take Peterson over Tomlinson, mainly because Peterson is just as impressive and he is younger.

"So it's good that he pretty much dropped to us at No. 7. And I can say 'dropped' now, because you know those guys before us would love to have him." said Darren Sharper after the game.

Peterson will have the chance to triple his record breaking performance numbers when he plays the Denver Broncos on the last game of the season, that is if there are any healthy Broncos playing by then.

As long as Adrian Peterson keeps learning, he could become one of the greatest running backs of all time.

Quotes taken from The Minnesota Star Tribune and The Canadian Press.

Please feel free to comment.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWookieeBronco View Post
    Peterson made the 7th best rush defense, look like the Broncos run defense.
    Wait till Week 17

Adopted Bronco:
    Dre Bly

Quote Originally Posted by Cleveland Rocks View Post
    Wait till Week 17
    When he runs for 600 yards

4/29/06<333333333333333

Wait till Week 17
    Look what I wrote at the end of the article.

After week 17, I'm not going to hear the end of it until next season, my husband is a Viqueen fan

Quote Originally Posted by MTBroncoGal View Post
    After week 17, I'm not going to hear the end of it until next season, my husband is a Viqueen fan
    Yikes.

Come here if you need support.

Wait till Week 17
    That could be the week that he gets 300

Quote Originally Posted by Medford Bronco View Post
    That could be the week that he gets 300
    I, personally, couldn't be happier that Peterson has that record. I was tired of seeing Jamal Lewis at #1.

I, personally, couldn't be happier that Peterson has that record. I was tired of seeing Jamal Lewis at #1.
    If their coach let him have 1 more carry he probably
    would have had 300. Mind boggling

It was fun to watch though I say

Adopted Bronco:
    Dre Bly

Especially against the Browns lolz

4/29/06<333333333333333

Adopted Bronco:
    broncos_mtnman

Green Bay didn't seem to terrified of him today on the way to holding him to 11 carries for 45 yards...and a shut out to boot...

No picking at ya.....I love watching this kid. Its scary what he might do agains the Broncos.

Quote Originally Posted by Watchthemiddle View Post
    Green Bay didn't seem to terrified of him today on the way to holding him to 11 carries for 45 yards...and a shut out to boot...

No picking at ya.....I love watching this kid. Its scary what he might do agains the Broncos.
    I say Romo is a great Quarterback and then he throws 5 picks against the Bills.

I hyped up the Steelers defense and our offense played well against them.

I say Adrian Peterson is the best running back in the league and he get's shut out.

I stand by all of my opinions, it's just the following week I seem to jinx whoever I am raving about. They usually come back to have a great week the week following the jinxed week though.

I think I should write about Vince Young for tommorow.

Adopted Bronco:
    Craig Morton / Haven Moses

Quote Originally Posted by TheWookieeBronco View Post
    I say Romo is a great Quarterback and then he throws 5 picks against the Bills.

I hyped up the Steelers defense and our offense played well against them.

I say Adrian Peterson is the best running back in the league and he get's shut out.

I stand by all of my opinions, it's just the following week I seem to jinx whoever I am raving about. They usually come back to have a great week the week following the jinxed week though.

I think I should write about Vince Young for tommorow.
    No need, write about the Titans defense or the running game, Vince is not our problem. He is far too overrated.
    Give a man a match and he will be warm for a moment, but set him on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by eessydo View Post
    No need, write about the Titans defense or the running game, Vince is not our problem. He is far too overrated.
    I suspect after this week you may wish to change that comment..

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information