Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hot Stove 2012-13

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Rumor has it they are sniffing around some journeyman middle relief pitchers. You know, the same thing they do every off season. Nevermind the fact that we had the worst starting rotation in the history of the world.
    For probably the first time I feel more confident in KC's rotation than Colorado's.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    For probably the first time I feel more confident in KC's rotation than Colorado's.
    I feel more confident in my ability to get laid by a supermodel this weekend than I do the Rockies starting rotation. I hate the Rockies management with a deep and burning passion.

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I feel more confident in my ability to get laid by a supermodel this weekend than I do the Rockies starting rotation. I hate the Rockies management with a deep and burning passion.
    They've done diddly squat this offseason and its frustrating. They never even traded Fowler when they probably could have gotten the highest return possible for him. Now, they're essentially stuck with him. Hopefully he can lead off.

CarGo and Tulowitski are bonifide stars in my eyes, and it's something to build around, but they have crap at nearly every other position and the rotation is terrible.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

They've done diddly squat this offseason and its frustrating. They never even traded Fowler when they probably could have gotten the highest return possible for him. Now, they're essentially stuck with him. Hopefully he can lead off.

CarGo and Tulowitski are bonifide stars in my eyes, and it's something to build around, but they have crap at nearly every other position and the rotation is terrible.
    The Braves are still looking at Fowler right now, but I think he's not moving this year.

Napoli failed his physical w/ Red Sox. I say they walk away and go for Adam LaRoche instead who I wanted more at the beginning of FA.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    Napoli failed his physical w/ Red Sox. I say they walk away and go for Adam LaRoche instead who I wanted more at the beginning of FA.
    This is ironic after they let Youkilis go.

8. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

It's beyond frustrating. We had one of the worst starting rotations in the history of baseball, and we're not doing anything meaningful to address it. It's absurd. I'm starting to hate MLB to be honest.

Every league should follow the NFL business model.

This is ironic after they let Youkilis go.
    Youk ain't worth 12 mil. He's very beaten and battered. Plays very hard and it has cost him his body.

Same thing I worry about w/ Gronk.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Youk ain't worth 12 mil. He's very beaten and battered. Plays very hard and it has cost him his body.

Same thing I worry about w/ Gronk.
    If the deal had gone through you would have been replacing a 34-year-old first baseman with a .283/.384/.482 slash line for a 31-year-old first baseman with a .259/.356/.507 slash line.

Sometimes the grass isn't greener. Especially when you trade Adrian Gonazalez.

If the deal had gone through you would have been replacing a 34-year-old first baseman with a .283/.384/.482 slash line for a 31-year-old first baseman with a .259/.356/.507 slash line.

Sometimes the grass isn't greener. Especially when you trade Adrian Gonazalez.
    Not really. Youk was a 3B his final days in Boston. Rookie Middlebrooks replaced him. Youk no longer had a role. The Red Sox mistake was not their signing of A-Gon, it was their inability to re-sign Adrian Beltre at third and keep Youk at 1st.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Not really. Youk was a 3B his final days in Boston. Rookie Middlebrooks replaced him. Youk no longer had a role. The Red Sox mistake was not their signing of A-Gon, it was their inability to re-sign Adrian Beltre at third and keep Youk at 1st.
    Youk was a third basemen because Gonzalez was at first. And I just laugh at the Beltre thing. He's a year older and has a worse slash line than Youk: .280/.331/.476.

Bottomline is the Red Sox completely botched the timing and signings of all three.

Youk was a third basemen because Gonzalez was at first. And I just laugh at the Beltre thing. He's a year older and has a worse slash line than Youk: .280/.331/.476.

Bottomline is the Red Sox completely botched the timing and signings of all three.
    I agree. They should have kept Beltre at 3B. Move Youk permanently to 1st to protect his body. But Theo was enamored with A-Gon.

Theo did severe damage to my team on an enormous amt. of transactions. I hate him.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I agree. They should have kept Beltre at 3B. Move Youk permanently to 1st to protect his body. But Theo was enamored with A-Gon.

Theo did severe damage to my team on an enormous amt. of transactions. I hate him.
    I liked how they let him leave for the Cubs without negotiation the exact terms of the separation. Basically you took an IOU from the Cubs, but didn't even bother to determine the amount. That is the type of move that's normally reserved for the Colorado Rockies front office.

I liked how they let him leave for the Cubs without negotiation the exact terms of the separation. Basically you took an IOU from the Cubs, but didn't even bother to determine the amount. That is the type of move that's normally reserved for the Colorado Rockies front office.
    Theo heard about the Cubs interest over the summer and then completely checked out on the Red Sox. Believe me, Theo Epstein is a fraud. The 2004 WS Champs was built by Dan Duquette. The 2007 WS Championship still had a lot of Duquette signings along w/ some of Theo's work as well. Duquette deserves more credit for the Red Sox' recent success than he gets. Theo deserves less.

Again, I hate him.

Adopted Bronco:

Hamilton's numbers compared to Hunter's numbers are almost a wash if you take the WAR into consideration. So, the Angels basically have the same line-up, except they added a little balance by getting a lefty. Only problem is Haren and Greinke are gone and replaced by always injured Hanson and Joe Blanton...and they still have no bullpen. I dont know that they improved all that much.

Royals got fleeced in their deal. I'll be the owner of the crystal ball today and say that Myers will be a stud. Shields has always been much better pitching in Tampa and with all apologies...Santana, Chen, Davis and Guthrie scare no one.

18. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information