Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: The worst foods your parents tried to feed you

Adopted Bronco:
    george floyd little

Quote Originally Posted by bronconut View Post
    why was she so big if she was so poor?
    tall, not fat.
    they lived in a car for a short while then her mom sold the car to get a tent and food.
    sorry, guys, no punch line here, this was no comedy schtick.
    My mom, married 1 month out of highschool, eloped.
    married at 18
    first child at 19
    me at 20
    devorced at 21. she had no job skills or training. she worked 3 jobs to keep an apartment and food in the house.
    I remember alot of times when there was no electricity because she could not afford to pay the bill.
    But my life was easy compared to what my gal endured.
    i didnt have a father but at least I had a mom, who still to this day, i consider the most valuable thing EVER in my life!

the poorest person on earth is an orphan !
    CAN WE PLEASE JUST SKIP ALL THE NONESENSE AND JUST TALK FOOTBALL?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    My Mom made the same, but she threw in a block of Velveeta and chopped onions and called it "Muddle" That was mighty fine, in truth, and I still make it. Another cheap treat was "Slop", basically ground beef and onions fried together with some water then poured over mashed potatoes. That was pretty good too.

Not so good was canned Dinty Moore beef stew baked with a Bisquick topping, nor flank steak (or some other cheap cut) simmered in an electric skillet with the ever present canned stewed tomatoes throw in for who the Hell knows what reason. Mom called it "Swiss steak" but I hold the Swiss blameless. Tuna casserole (tuna, canned peas, Campbell's mushroom soup, noodles) is a dish I swear I will never eat again, so help me God.
    I forgot about Swiss Steak until this post. I don't remember it being horrible, but I did get it fed to me several times. It was served over egg noodles.
    This space available for lease.

A caller called into a Seattle radio station a couple of months ago. I forget what the QOTD was, but the guy mentioned that when he was growing up, he was fed a lot of Hamburger Helper. To make food stretch further, his mom would put maybe 1/4 pound of hamburger in the mix. One night, when he and his wife were newlyweds, she asked what he would like for dinner. He hadn't had Hamburger Helper in a long time, so he said he'd like to have that. He's watching TV while his wife happily made dinner. She placed the plate in front of him, proud as can be. He took a bite and said, "what did you do?" His wife started crying and said she followed the directions on the box. He had to tell her that the food was good, he just didn't know it was made with that much hamburger. He told his mom about this and she laughed, and told him about how she made it.

I like that scene from National Lampoon's Vacation when Cousin Eddie asks "I don't know why they call this Hamburger Helper when it does just fine on its own"

Oh, here it is...

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived WTE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    george floyd little

dog peed on the sandwiches.
    and they pull in to pHX and its pouring rain!
    CAN WE PLEASE JUST SKIP ALL THE NONESENSE AND JUST TALK FOOTBALL?

My step-mom would make us eat our cold cereal with juice in it instead of milk. They would buy concentrated apple and grape juice and we put it in our generic cold cereal, like rice chex or cheerios or the like. Not a good mix. I'm sure Gnomey could put a lot of things I was "forced" to eat as a kid, she knows how "great" my step mom was.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gnome View Post
    My step-mom would make us eat our cold cereal with juice in it instead of milk. They would buy concentrated apple and grape juice and we put it in our generic cold cereal, like rice chex or cheerios or the like. Not a good mix. I'm sure Gnomey could put a lot of things I was "forced" to eat as a kid, she knows how "great" my step mom was.
    WTF? that's cruel and unusual punishment!

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

9. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them

Swedes.
    Force fed as a kid.
    "You're not leaving the table until you eat at least one piece"
    Nearly 40 years later,they still make me retch!
    For any non Brit English speakers of Scandinavian descent who may take offence, translation supplied.

11. The Following User High Fived Jaws For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkie View Post
    Swedes.
    Force fed as a kid.
    "You're not leaving the table until you eat at least one piece"
    Nearly 40 years later,they still make me retch!
    For any non Brit English speakers of Scandinavian descent who may take offence, translation supplied.
    I am a Swede, which is to say, of Nordic extraction, not a rutabaga, nor a turnip (in the U.S.). I only found out youse guys use "Swede" as a word for such gross root vegetables when I went looking for pastie recipes, and found that many call for 'em. They were yet another awful thing Dad loved. My wife still makes him his very own turnip when he comes for Thanksgiving dinner every year
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them

Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman View Post
    So I think 40% of humans have this gene that makes them sensitive to a compound found in broccoli and other vegetables that makes those vegetables taste very bitter. So if someone says that broccoli is horrible, it's likely they carry this gene.
    I love broccoli so much, if ever I walk down the aisle, my posy of flowers will be bunches of broccoli!
    In fact, come think about it, if I'm not hitched by the time I'm 50, I'll ask the broccoli to marry me!

Adopted Bronco:
    All of them

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    I am a Swede, which is to say, of Nordic extraction, not a rutabaga, nor a turnip (in the U.S.). I only found out youse guys use "Swede" as a word for such gross root vegetables when I went looking for pastie recipes, and found that many call for 'em. They were yet another awful thing Dad loved. My wife still makes him his very own turnip when he comes for Thanksgiving dinner every year
    Don't worry Dread, I wouldn't retch or gag if ever you were presented on my table for eating!

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    WTF? that's cruel and unusual punishment!
    Yeah. That's pretty tame for the crap she pulled over on him and his sibs. I won't go into it, but she is never allowed contact with any of my family. Ever.

As for food, she would also stick a whole fish in the oven and bake it. No seasonings, no marinade, nothing. He'd have to eat that too. It makes my parents' liver meals not that bad.

I've always been fairly picky. My mother always irratated me because it would be something like onions on my burger and she would say "you can't taste it". Buuuullshit. It's a damn onion. You taste that for the rest of the day. My dad was so much better. Mostly because he was/is pickier than I was/am.

Quote Originally Posted by shank View Post
    west has a story about his uncle pete that beats anyone else' contribution to this thread.
    bump so he'll see it now that he's back
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I don't know much about anything. In fact, I am one of the dumbest people alive.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information