Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Colorado set to Hire Mike Macintyre.

Default Colorado Has Hired Mike Macintyre.

It looks like cu has made it choice for head coach job for their football program, I feel Mike MacIntyre is a better fit and a better coach for cu then butch jones was or would've been. it has been reported by si and picked up by epsn.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...yre/index.html
    http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/po...mike-macintyre
    Last edited by Platinumdragon; 12-10-2012 at 02:55 PM. Reason: Updating title

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Seems like a good hire to me. He sure turned SJSU around. He already has a good recruiting relationship with California too, so that's a plus. Hopefully he'll keep the good Colorado players in state also, maybe the next Collin Klein stays in-state. We don't usually produce a ton of D1 talent at the skill positions but we produce a shit ton of OL and DL guys who've been going out of state for their college careers far too often.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Definitely feel the same way, wouldn't of mind Butch Jones, but with MacIntyre I feel we will be in a better spot this this year. now it all comes down to if they still going to put the 200m worth of facilities upgrades in place and the coaches MacIntyre brings in as his assistants.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I'm so-so on this hire.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

5. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

I am open to see what MacIntyre can do. However, I am not sure his profile is a match for what CU needed this go round. Last time? Sure! I just feel like they needed to get a proven coach even if it was a retread that's why I mentioned Fulmer last night. They need someone who knows what a big time program looks like, how it recruits, how it practices, how it prepares, plays, etc...

MacIntyre hopefully can recruit CA. Now he needs to go out and get Lubick (Sonny's kid) from Duke and bring him home. That guy can recruit and knows CO. I will be curious to see if they release the financial details of his deal.

I'm more hopeful with MacIntyre since he pretty much saved San Jose ST football program from what I have read. I just don't think any big name would be actually interested in going to cu when they can get B1G or SEC job, their more up to parlay any offer from cu into a higher contract for the school they actually want to go to i.e butch jones to Tennessee.

Guilty feet have no rhythm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I'm so-so on this hire.
    Probably the best they could realistically hope for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

10. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Mark Kiszla: In 2nd effort, CU Buffs get it right with Mike MacIntyre

When 47-year-old Mike MacIntyre gets introduced as Colorado's next football coach, here's hoping he wears sensible shoes. Heck, hiking boots would be smarter. This is going to be a long, rocky road back to respectability for the Buffaloes.

Hey, I know what you're thinking: CU hired Mike MacIn who?

Is a coach from San Jose State the best Colorado could do?

Yes.
    rest - good article - http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_...-it?source=pkg

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Let's hope the school gives the football program the support they have been promising since Neuheisel. No more scapegoats.

13. The Following User High Fived jhildebrand For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

The more I hear about this guy the more I like the hire. Between him Mcelwyn, and Calhoun Colorado college football at least has some good coaches. Now it's time to get all three of those programs healthy all around now. I would love to see a season when all three of those teams end up in the top 25.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

He's impressing me in his press conference.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

He was integral in bringing Manning and Patrick Willis to Miss. I LIKE THAT A LOT A LOT A LOT (Jim Carrey dumb and dumber A LOT).

His presser was all positive but so was Hawk's and Embree's. Let's hope he can convince the next E Manning and Patrick Willis to come to Boulder!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by jhildebrand View Post
    I am open to see what MacIntyre can do. However, I am not sure his profile is a match for what CU needed this go round. Last time? Sure! I just feel like they needed to get a proven coach even if it was a retread that's why I mentioned Fulmer last night. They need someone who knows what a big time program looks like, how it recruits, how it practices, how it prepares, plays, etc...

MacIntyre hopefully can recruit CA. Now he needs to go out and get Lubick (Sonny's kid) from Duke and bring him home. That guy can recruit and knows CO. I will be curious to see if they release the financial details of his deal.
    The reality is we need to find a coach who can breathe some life into a bottom feeder more than we need a guy who knows how to run a big time program. I think a guy who took his previous school from 120 to the top 25 in 3 years and is a good fit for where we're at as a program.

His press conference got me excited. I like that he has a vision for the program and a system that he knows he wants to run on both sides of the ball. That's an immediate upgrade over the previous staff, whose pro system didn't translate to college.

Some pretty good stuff here:

18. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Buff, do you have a link to the press conference? Is it on the Boulder Camera's website?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information