Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Colorado set to Hire Mike Macintyre.

He is going to succeed with ease! He is coaching a powerhouse! Every top recruit is going here, baby! OH YEAH!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Buff, do you have a link to the press conference? Is it on the Boulder Camera's website?
    You may have to ffwd like 10 minutes or so into the video. They hadn't edited it yet when I watched it and there was a bunch of weird sound check stuff and people mulling around from the original live stream.

http://photos.denverpost.com/2012/12...ference-video/

3. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    He is going to succeed with ease! He is coaching a powerhouse! Every top recruit is going here, baby! OH YEAH!
    Shut up.

Troll.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Shut up.

Troll.
    You can't tell a fan to shut up about their team, baby! I like the Buffs!
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

You may have to ffwd like 10 minutes or so into the video. They hadn't edited it yet when I watched it and there was a bunch of weird sound check stuff and people mulling around from the original live stream.

http://photos.denverpost.com/2012/12...ference-video/
    Only at Colorado does the soundcheck guy look like that. Seriously, that's ******* hilarious.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Only at Colorado does the soundcheck guy look like that. Seriously, that's ******* hilarious.
    No shit, for the first 2-3 seconds I wondered if that was our new coach.

8. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

No shit, for the first 2-3 seconds I wondered if that was our new coach.
    He's Mountain Man - Colorado PR Guy!

I'm a troll because I'm stoked for our new coach. Meanwhile you two love birds are chatting up the grizzly mountain man. I'm clearly a better fan of this beloved powerhouse than you two are.

The reality is we need to find a coach who can breathe some life into a bottom feeder more than we need a guy who knows how to run a big time program. I think a guy who took his previous school from 120 to the top 25 in 3 years and is a good fit for where we're at as a program.

His press conference got me excited. I like that he has a vision for the program and a system that he knows he wants to run on both sides of the ball. That's an immediate upgrade over the previous staff, whose pro system didn't translate to college.

Some pretty good stuff here:
    The school is the one who sold the idea of going big. Not me. But if you set that expectation, you should deliver. Al was bemoaning the same today. It is just another indication as to how inept things are up there. As for me, if you want to be big time you have to have someone who knows what big time looks like, how it is run, how it operates. Mike MacIntyre, with all due respect, isn't big time. That doesn't mean he can't be. It just smacks of a guy who has a small chance of outshining Bohn. Not quite a yes man but a guy who gets awefully close to it. While I agree that MacIntyre has some experience and coaching Embree didn't have, it doesn't lessen the legitimate criticism of Embree's firing. I mean, how is Mac entirely different from Embree or Hawk? He really isn't! He is a mix of the two. But he will be allowed every opportunity to see through his vision and will be given every thing he needs to succeed things Embree didn't get.

Don't get me wrong, I am excited about MacIntyre as well but it is guarded optimism. There wasn't anything about today's presser that wasn't the same with Hawkins or Embree! Really, this is more about Bohn and CU. They need to finallt put up or shut up. They have been talking about the same old deficiencies in Boulder since the end of Neuheisel.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by jhildebrand View Post
    The school is the one who sold the idea of going big. Not me. But if you set that expectation, you should deliver. Al was bemoaning the same today. It is just another indication as to how inept things are up there. As for me, if you want to be big time you have to have someone who knows what big time looks like, how it is run, how it operates. Mike MacIntyre, with all due respect, isn't big time. That doesn't mean he can't be. It just smacks of a guy who has a small chance of outshining Bohn. Not quite a yes man but a guy who gets awefully close to it. While I agree that MacIntyre has some experience and coaching Embree didn't have, it doesn't lessen the legitimate criticism of Embree's firing. I mean, how is Mac entirely different from Embree or Hawk? He really isn't! He is a mix of the two. But he will be allowed every opportunity to see through his vision and will be given every thing he needs to succeed things Embree didn't get.

Don't get me wrong, I am excited about MacIntyre as well but it is guarded optimism. There wasn't anything about today's presser that wasn't the same with Hawkins or Embree! Really, this is more about Bohn and CU. They need to finallt put up or shut up. They have been talking about the same old deficiencies in Boulder since the end of Neuheisel.
    Al is good friends with a few members of the Embree staff. Nothing he says is objective or reasonable.

I think things are headed in the right direction with CU football. I've been burned before, but they are following the basketball model by writing in facility upgrades into the coach's contract (like they did with Bzdelik and Boyle), so the administration is obligated to commit to the program. That alone is more than we've been able to say with the last two coaches. The thing that Mike Mac had at this press conference that I think was missing from the Embree era was an ability to coherently lay out a plan for the future. The Embree staff had the desire to win, but not the experience or the blue print.

I think Mac should be able to draw on his experience at SJ St. a lot. Not to mention he's already plugged into Cali from a recruiting standpoint. (You should watch the video I posted earlier if you haven't - some good info about Coach Macintyre's style from a guy who used to coach with him).

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Default Colorado set to Hire Mike Macintyre.

From what I hear, he's got a good hand on recruiting in California and Texas which is key to jump starting the turnaround. I'm much more interested in this hire then their initial one.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

The gayest offense on the planet is coming to Cu, yay.......
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”

Sign Garbage Minshew.

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

The gayest offense on the planet is coming to Cu, yay.......
    I thought he ran a fairly multiple style offense.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Wasn't SJSU a top 25 or so passing offense? That doesn't seem so gay to me.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

SJSU QB recruit willing to decommit to SJSU and follow Mac to CU.
    http://blogs.denverpost.com/colleges...olorado/26367/

Also Luke Del Rio decommited from Ok St.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information