Thread: Is it harder for a modern NFL team to go 16-0, or 0-16?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Default Is it harder for a modern NFL team to go 16-0, or 0-16?

The Patsies are 9-0, and the Rams are 0-8. Every year I cheer for some hapless team to go 0-16, and it never happens...but it is real tough to go undefeated.

Without tanking do you think it is harder for a modern NFL team to go undefeated, or winless?

Quote Originally Posted by sneakers View Post
    The Patsies are 9-0, and the Rams are 0-8. Every year I cheer for some hapless team to go 0-16, and it never happens...but it is real tough to go undefeated.

Without tanking do you think it is harder for a modern NFL team to go undefeated, or winless?
    Your odds are pretty good this year, as Miami also is 0-8.

St. Louis has a good enough chance to beat Atlanta, Arizona, and San Francisco.

Miami has 2 chances to beat Buffalo, and they also have a good shot at the Jets.

Most likely St. Louis beats Atlanta, as Atlanta isn't doing much to hide their intention of tanking the season.

(added) Oh, on your question, it's much harder to go undefeated. Even the Pats might rest all their starters on their last regular season game against the Giants.

i also think its harder to go undefeated. Most likely we will not have a team go 0-16 or 16-0 this year.

Atleast i really hope not.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

It is much more difficult to have a perfect season and there will never be another "perfect" team. Three teams is enough. It is much easier for a team to go 0-16 than to go 16-0 because being inept is simple - being flawless though? Not so simple.

It takes a certain special something to be as bad as the dolphins.
    142 lbs of Pure Steel and Sex Appeal

Quote Originally Posted by Lorcust View Post
    It takes a certain special something to be as bad as the dolphins.
    yeah a putrid QB, Offensive line, and no WRS

great job drafting Cam Cameron

nice job passing over Brady Quinn for a kick returner

I agree Sneakers. I always root for teams to go 0-16 as well. But I also root for teams to go 16-0 and have Denver be the team to knock them off in the playoffs. But I would like to see history one way or another. I was so pissed last year when Oakland beat the Cards. And then they went out of their way and beat Pittsburgh.

But its much easier to go 0-16. How hard is it to simply not show up?
    Its a lot harder to prepare and go out and win every game.
    @Tnedator

RIP DARRENT WILLIAMS
    RIP DAMIEN NASH
    RIP BFC
    RIP Sneakers the Cat

Adopted Bronco:
    #88 Tony Scheffler

I think it would be pretty interesting if they both happened. Although, I don't see it happening because even really bad teams will catch a break and win at least one game. As far as going perfect, it happened once and that will be it. Too many teams want to be the one that gives them their first loss and believe me the pressure will build. If the Pats do go undefeated, I honestly won't be surprised.

P.S: Watch out for the non-playoff teams because they usually give the last undefeated team its first loss.
    2007-08 MVP

Thanks MasterShake for the sig

On Brandon Marshall
    "I'm not going to ever let him settle. I'm going to stay on him to be the best he can." ~ Rod Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Medford Bronco View Post
    yeah a putrid QB, Offensive line, and no WRS

great job drafting Cam Cameron

nice job passing over Brady Quinn for a kick returner
    I thought their offensive line was pretty good; that's what analysts say is the bright spot for the Dolphins.

What's strange about them is they're only really bad in rushing defense and points allowed, where they're ranked at the bottom of the league. In rushing offense, they're 12th; in passing offense, they're 18th; in scoring, they're 14th; in passing defense, they're 6th (although that could be misleading).

Despite their problems, this team is better than their record indicates, but their rushing defense probably brings the whole team down. Sounds familiar.

Wasn't this Bates' former defense? .. uh oh.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information