Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What was the one movie, character or scene that plagued your nightmares as a child?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ron Dayne

Default What was the one movie, character or scene that plagued your nightmares as a child?

What was the one movie, character or scene that plagued your nightmares as a child?

for me it was those dog things from Ghostbusters....I ALWAYS fast forwarded during this scene as a little kid:

also, gremlins: I was 4 when I first watched this movie, (my sister was 7 and she had it), and these things scared the crap out of me.

Honorable mention: That scene from the Temple of Doom where they have the banquet and a guy cuts open a snake and all little baby snakes come out....I did not eat anything cylindrical (hot dogs, mac and cheese, etc) for 2 years.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Exorcist.

And any demon-like thing that crawls on the ceiling. To this day it still creeps me out. I think it was The Last Exorcist where there was a fan and the possessed girl was crawling on the ceiling. I woke up that night, and my fan was going...creeped me out for a few seconds.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

3. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Jaws, the overhead scene with the guy getting chomped on the little sail boat.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Default What was the one movie, character or scene that plagued your nightmares as a child?

The only one that jumps to mind is that damn clown toy in poltergeist. 80's movies screwed up a lot of kids.
    Last edited by MasterShake; 12-09-2012 at 02:06 PM.

6. The Following 4 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Elephant Man.

I had nightmares for a week.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

chuckie

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    The only one that jumps to mind is that damn clown toy in poltergeist. 80's movies screwed up a lot of kids.
    Yea, that scene was pretty brutal. But i dont think it screwed up a lot of people, i turned out just fine.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

The ghost episodes of Unsolved Mysteries used to really freak me out.

Attached Images Attached Images  

12. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

The twins saying "come play with us Danny" as blood flooded the hallway in the Shining. Best horror movie ever made.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

You can stay at the Stephen King suite at the hotel in Estes Park where he came up with the story. Would be a cool thing to do on Halloween.

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Oh, and this damn troll thing from Cat's Eye gave me a few great nightmares:

I loved those old horror anthology movies like Cats Eye, Creepshow, and the Twilight Zone movie. Those were like staples on HBO and Cinemax back in the 80's and 90's along with some good stuff like Phantasm, Hellrasier, Ghoulies, Critters... man I miss those type of movies. I just can't get into the modern horror genre like The Ring. Sometimes you just want a good monster movie with no psychological element. Just cheap scares and bad special effects.

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

The girl from Twighlight Zone the movie who removed the mouth of her sister.

19. The Following User High Fived Thnikkaman For This Post:

The guy in Poltergeist who hallucinated pulling the skin off his face. I didn't get nightmares from movies, but I thought that was the grossest thing ever.

However, what did creep me out was this game on the Atari. It was called "Hunt the Wumpus." The goal was to get to some goal before the Wumpus got you. You knew the Wumpus was near when you saw blood spots. When the Wumpus got you, it played the Death March. My father would laugh whenever I ran out of the room. One time he had friends over. He used me as entertainment when they played the game. I didn't appreciate being scared and being laughed at.
    This space available for lease.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Thnikkaman View Post
    The girl from Twighlight Zone the movie who removed the mouth of her sister.
    You mean the little boy who could wish for anything? That one was good. I like when he put his other sister in the cartoon. Another good one was the big swamp slime that was attacking the people on the raft. I think that was Creepshow? All those movies get mixed up in my head.

Speaking of Twilight Zone... I think they should play this scene on every in flight movie:

22. The Following 3 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information