Thread: LA Tech football

Default LA Tech football

So, I guess they turned down a bowl offer. They are 9-3 with the nation's top offense.

Links to come.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...d-go-bowl-game

Louisiana Tech will not play in a bowl game this season after finishing 9-3 and turning down an invitation to play in the AdvoCare V100 Independence Bowl, a source told ESPN.

"Louisiana Tech was offered a bid Saturday to play Louisiana Monroe," an Indepedence Bowl official told ESPN. "They turned it down."

Athletic director Bruce Van De Velde told The Associated Press that Independence Bowl organizers offered a spot in their game on Saturday afternoon, but the Bulldogs had other possible options still available to them. Van De Velde said he asked the Independence Bowl for more time to make a decision, but was told by game organizers that they could not wait.

To our football and staff this ... is exactly what is wrong with our university. Now it's time to get former athletes to run our program. I'm (6-foot-9) and not hard to find
    -- Louisiana Tech alumnus Karl Malone

It seemed like La Tech turned it down to make a point. That's what a lot of people thought. But why did they have to make a decision on a bowl game yesterday? That seems crazy.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

That would have been ideal for Shreveport and LaTech......LaTech is an hour away and ULM is 2 hours away. Sounds like a dumb move by the school.

Maybe I just don't know how it works, but why can't they wait to accept or decline after the whole bowl selection thing? They thought they would get an offer from a bigger bowl, it seemed. That's why they turned it down.

Adopted Bronco:

I'd love to see what they could do against a bigger school in a bigger bowl. They gave us a hell of a game that wasnt decided until late.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information