Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: So... the Cornhuskers

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by dbfan2007 View Post
    Oh. I see you are from "The Corn". I'm starting to take the hint that you may be a Nebraska fan. My condolences.
    I'm a bit of a turncoat. When Nebraska went to the Big Ten and Colorado went to the Pac-12, I started rooting for both, but I'm from Colorado...
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I'm a bit of a turncoat. When Nebraska went to the Big Ten and Colorado went to the Pac-12, I started rooting for both, but I'm from Colorado...
    My opinion has been that both teams should have stayed. I'm not that close to either team, nor the conference though.

I never was big on Buffalo because I had always kind of liked CSU between the two. Like my buddy and I would play NCAA and he would be CU and I would be CSU. Just something random.

CSU had a white WR around that time. #4. I want to say it was David Anderson.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

My opinion has been that both teams should have stayed. I'm not that close to either team, nor the conference though.

I never was big on Buffalo because I had always kind of liked CSU between the two. Like my buddy and I would play NCAA and he would be CU and I would be CSU. Just something random.

Yeah, it was David Anderson. Most of my family went to CSU.

I advocate for any team getting as far away from Texas as possible. The Longhorn Network and their insistence on not having a conference network and share revenues equally is going to ultimately kill the Big 12 and make it a second-rate conference behind the Big Ten, Pac-12 and SEC.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Yeah, it was David Anderson. Most of my family went to CSU.

I advocate for any team getting as far away from Texas as possible. The Longhorn Network and their insistence on not having a conference network and share revenues equally is going to ultimately kill the Big 12 and make it a second-rate conference behind the Big Ten, Pac-12 and SEC.
    My buddy is a Texas fan, and we were talking about it lastnight. There won't be a Big 12 in a few years. I just made a thread about my wish for conference realignment that will never happen.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Has anyone passed that few and ran that much and scored 70 points? Has an unranked team with a record like Wisconsin's ever went into the conference championship and totally beat down a team ranked in the top 15?
    I dont know personally but im sure Colorado came close a few years ago when they ran rampant on their asses (I think it was Chris Brown) and hung 63 and dashed their title hopes in that game. Watching the kid cry like a bitch was classic.

6. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I dont know personally but im sure Colorado came close a few years ago when they ran rampant on their asses (I think it was Chris Brown) and hung 63 and dashed their title hopes in that game. Watching the kid cry like a bitch was classic.
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/foo...11/23/ccn_nnd/

I had to look it up. Man, getting it done to them in 2 different conferences.

Gary Barnett. I remember him. I actually know another Gary Barnett, who is married my cousin. He coached high school football. He said people would get confused when he would goto seminars and stuff.

8. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Texas drove both schools away. The Big 12 was too Texas-centric in its leadership. The Longhorns are too demanding and want a bigger piece of the pie than everyone else.

I actually think the Pac 12 is a better fit for CU - but think Nebraska belongs in the Big 12.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information