Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: LOL @ Red Sox

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    I like all the moves. Short term. No stupid 7 to 8 year deals like other teams. The Sox are done w/ those.

You wait Coach Chaz. 93 wins next year.
    Where is it coming from? Neither one of those players is close to being worth the money. Is Victorino suddenly a RF? Ever seen Napoli play defense at 1B? $3 mil for a back up catcher? Gomes is going to turn one good (half) season into a new career? Realistically, they just shelled out about $40 mil a year for 6-8 wins.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Where is it coming from? Neither one of those players is close to being worth the money. Is Victorino suddenly a RF? Ever seen Napoli play defense at 1B? $3 mil for a back up catcher? Gomes is going to turn one good (half) season into a new career? Realistically, they just shelled out about $40 mil a year for 6-8 wins.
    Victorino has played right field before. He's a 3 time Gold Glover. I think he can play any outfield position. Plus, he's insurance in CF for the oft-injured Jacoby Ellsbury in case he's injured again or is traded.

I'm not worried about Napoli at first. Hopefully the Red Sox give him a lot of time at first in spring training and he get's more comfortable. Ever see Big Papi play 1st? He does just fine.

David Ross is regarded as one of the best back-up catchers in the game. They need a mentor for salty/Lavarnway and I wasn't happy w/ the way our catchers called games last year. Ross can really help our pitching staff that's not performing to expectations.

But enough with my Red Sox. Tell us all the wonderful things your Orioles have done thus far this off-season.

Adopted Bronco:
    The cheerleaders

I like the approach the Red Sox front office is taking. The guys that went after all fit a particular hitting style and are on short term contracts that will allow Bogaerts (age 20) and Bradley, Jr (age 22) to develop for the next couple of years at Triple A or Double A.

I wouldn't be surprised if the play Victorino plays left, with a healthy Kalish splitting time with Gomes in right. They still need to address the starting pitching (most likely by trade) but they have some solid pieces that will make them competitive and playing for a wild card.
    "We saw it…. the hussars let loose their horses. God, what power! They ran through the smoke and the sound was like that of a thousand blacksmiths beating with a thousand hammers

They rush on to the Swedes! They crash into the Swedish riters…. Overwhelm them! They crash into the second regiment - Overwhelmed! Resistance collapses, dissolves, they move forward as easily as if they were parading on a grand boulevard

Adopted Bronco:
    PTBNL

Victorino homebrews and Gomes has the best beer battered fried chicken recipe. Napoli has the hook-up for Adderol.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information