Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Butch Jones to interview with CU Buffs for coach job

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Butch Jones to interview with CU Buffs for coach job

Colorado's search for a football coach is aimed directly toward University of Cincinnati head coach Butch Jones as its leading candidate. Multiple sources close to the situation indicated CU intends to interview Jones next week, possibly as early as Monday.

Purdue is other main suitor for Jones, 44, a Michigan native with a career record of 49-27, including a 22-14 mark in three years at Cincinnati entering Saturday's regular-season finale at Big East foe Connecticut. Jones is also expected to interview with Purdue, perhaps as early as Sunday.

CU is looking to replace Jon Embree, who was fired last Sunday.
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/cu/ci_2210...uffs-coach-job

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I like this, but I'd rather have Andersen from Utah State.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I like this, but I'd rather have Andersen from Utah State.
    Multiple sources have said he is not interested. Beyond that, everything I'm hearing is that Bohn wants someone with BCS conference experience. Which is hard to argue with after our last two coaching disasters.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I have a hard time believing CU can beat out a school like Purdue for a coaching prospect. If Purdue really wants him, they'll get him.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I have a hard time believing CU can beat out a school like Purdue for a coaching prospect. If Purdue really wants him, they'll get him.
    A school like Purdue? You mean, a less prestigious academic and football school in a worse geographic setting?

CU has experienced some lean years recently - and I know our reputation is at an all-time low... But Purdue? They don't have anything on CU.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

A school like Purdue? You mean, a less prestigious academic and football school in a worse geographic setting?

CU has experienced some lean years recently - and I know our reputation is at an all-time low... But Purdue? They don't have anything on CU.
    Currently CU is just such a mess that's all.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Currently CU is just such a mess that's all.
    Yeah, it seems awfully dysfunctional from the outside looking in - but on the other hand expectations are at their lowest point ever. Our budget is as competitive as its ever been for a coaching salary because of the Pac 12 TV $$. We are still in a BCS conference. Colorado is a great place to live. The cupboard isn't as bare as Coach McCartney or Jon Embree would have you believe... I think it's still an attractive job.

That said, Jones may still go to Purdue. I think they were on him first.

8. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Uh, Purdue is more highly regarded than CU academically. I found this in 2 minutes of searching.

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandre...l-universities

Purdue #65, Colorado #97.

Just sayin.

10. The Following User High Fived BigDaddyBronco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

My drunken googling last night turned up different results... But either way, I still contend that CU ought to be able to compete with the Purdues of the world in terms of luring top talent here - I don't think it's a no-brainer that the Boilermakers win out like Chaz first implied.

http://www.arwu.org/Country2010Main....nited%20States

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

My drunken googling last night turned up different results... But either way, I still contend that CU ought to be able to compete with the Purdues of the world in terms of luring top talent here - I don't think it's a no-brainer that the Boilermakers win out like Chaz first implied.

http://www.arwu.org/Country2010Main....nited%20States
    I would agree. I think the PAC-12 is a better conference than the BIG-10. But I doubt the academics of an institution have very little impact on a coaches decision.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived BigDaddyBronco For This Post:

Buff, I had barely heard of CU before joining this site. He'd be unwise to leave Cincinnati.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Buff, I had barely heard of CU before joining this site. He'd be unwise to leave Cincinnati.
    Not sure if serious.

Cincinnati doesn't even come close to the historical significance Colorado has. Plus they are playing in a conference that is disappearing. He'd be smart to get out of that situation now.

Colorado is like 20th in all-time wins, has a National Championship and 26 conference titles. Cincinnati?
    Last edited by MOtorboat; 12-01-2012 at 06:16 PM.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

I think anyone would rather coach in Boulder than wherever Purdue is. Boulder is the new Amsterdam ... Everyone wants to go there now.

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Not sure if serious.

Cincinnati doesn't even come close to the historical significance Colorado has. Plus they are playing in a conference that is disappearing. He'd be smart to get out of that situation now.

Colorado is like 20th in all-time wins, has a National Championship and 26 conference titles. Cincinnati?
    Look at Cincinnati now and Boulder now. I didn't even know Colorado was notable for athletics at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Look at Cincinnati now and Boulder now. I didn't even know Colorado was notable for athletics at all.
    The situation at the two schools is a little different, sure, but Colorado has the better program, the better potential. And the better history.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information