Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Butch Jones to interview with CU Buffs for coach job

No. I am a smart and well-informed sports fan. I'm sorry, the program does not really matter. It's okay, Kentucky Football doesn't matter and it bothers me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    No. I am a smart and well-informed sports fan. I'm sorry, the program does not really matter. It's okay, Kentucky Football doesn't matter and it bothers me.
    Apparently not.

Thanks for playing,
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Mo, you're telling a smart sports fan that he's uninformed because he doesn't know about one of your favorite programs. When I look at your link I see few solid seasons and a footnote of "we almost got raped in a title game."

That's your argument for being relevant. No one ever talks about that program. I've actually presented something that you can't rebut. It's okay baby, it's okay.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Mo, you're telling a smart sports fan that he's uninformed because he doesn't know about one of your favorite programs. When I look at your link I see few solid seasons and a footnote of "we almost got raped in a title game."

That's your argument for being relevant. No one ever talks about that program. I've actually presented something that you can't rebut. It's okay baby, it's okay.
    Make Cincinnati relevant then. Your contention is that Cincinnati is more relevant than Colorado. Prove your point. You've done nothing of the sort.

Finishing in the top 10 once in 48 years of football isn't relevant. Prove me wrong.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Make Cincinnati relevant then. Your contention is that Cincinnati is more relevant than Colorado. Prove your point. You've done nothing of the sort.

Finishing in the top 10 once in 48 years of football isn't relevant. Prove me wrong.
    Look at the last five years. Between that and the fact that no one talks about Colorado does it. I'm sorry, you're wrong. It hurts you. It hurts you bad. I'm sorry. I didn't want to do this. You made me. I love you.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Look at the last five years. Between that and the fact that no one talks about Colorado does it. I'm sorry, you're wrong. It hurts you. It hurts you bad. I'm sorry. I didn't want to do this. You made me. I love you.
    Who is talking about Cincinnati? Colorado has been in the top 10 11 of the last 24 years. Cincinnati has done that once in the entire existence of its program.

Trolling?

I'm sorry Mo, this really hurts you, I can tell. I'm not trolling, Cincinnati is more relevant. It's been that way for awhile.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I'm sorry Mo, this really hurts you, I can tell. I'm not trolling, Cincinnati is more relevant. It's been that way for awhile.
    Lol. Nice troll. Fail. But nice troll.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

It's like talking to KU fans. They make one relevant bowl in 70 years and they think their program is better than everyone else.

It's ok Mo. I forgive you for trolling me.

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Lol. Nice troll. Fail. But nice troll.
    Be an adult.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyBronco View Post
    But I doubt the academics of an institution have very little impact on a coaches decision.
    They do in a sense. Classes offered and admissions can affect a coaches decision. If the restrictions are too tight, juco transfers not allowed, etc... it may be enough to keep a coach away. Those are both issues that could tilt a coach towards Purdue over CU.

I get the sense it will be a win soon scenario for the next coach. The PAC12 can't have CO ruining/affecting that new TV contract.

As for King, he is right. CU isn't relevant right now outside of the race discussion. They do have the history though-Heisman, Nat'l Champs, # of players to NFL, wins, etc... However, Cinci, outside of basketball, is hardly relevant as well. Brian Kelly set them up well and that will soon be gone after Jones is done. They will go back to being the red headed step child of Syracuse in basketball and people will forget their so called 'success' in football.

13. The Following User High Fived jhildebrand For This Post:

I just never knew that Colo mattered. They really don't. I didn't mean to hurt so hard, didn't know my own strength.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Jones in West Lafayette today. I'm sure King thinks Cincinnati is better than Purdue too.

I just never knew that Colo mattered. They really don't. I didn't mean to hurt so hard, didn't know my own strength.
    I guess coming from a Bengal fan, a team that has never mattered, you would know. #takesonetoknowone I guess

I say that fecitiously, King.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information