Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Pop Can’t Dance Out Of This One

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Pop Can’t Dance Out Of This One

from article:

But Pop is flat wrong about sending home Tim Duncan, Manu Ginobili, Tony Parker and Danny Green ahead of the marquee game in Miami.

“We’re getting tired,” Popovich said before Wednesday night’s win at Orlando. “We’ve had a six-day trip and a 10-day trip. Usually you don’t have that in one month.”

Sorry, Pop. Tired is not an excuse. Not for every other team that has had to endure a grueling road trip or the vagaries of an often Byzantine NBA travel map. Not for the Spurs.
    full article - http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/1...t-of-this-one/

I am sure TNT is happy - this is the first game of a double header tonight

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Wait. They won't even be AT the game?

That's bush league.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

3. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

This is their 4th road game in 5 days. He does this alot at the end of long road trips, but since it's the heat and on TV people are getting up in arms about it. Why does it matter if they are at the game? What's the difference from a fan perspective?

As many titles as he has won, Pop has earned the right to do whatever he sees fit to make sure his team is successful.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    This is their 4th road game in 5 days. He does this alot at the end of long road trips, but since it's the heat and on TV people are getting up in arms about it. Why does it matter if they are at the game? What's the difference from a fan perspective?

As many titles as he has won, Pop has earned the right to do whatever he sees fit to make sure his team is successful.
    Sitting your starting five is one thing. I get it, Duncan's old. He's not going to be playing every game and they will limit his minutes.

It's absolutely bush league to just go preseason on a regular season game and send the entire starting lineup to a different city. That's just ridiculous.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Sitting your starting five is one thing. I get it, Duncan's old. He's not going to be playing every game and they will limit his minutes.

It's absolutely bush league to just go preseason on a regular season game and send the entire starting lineup to a different city. That's just ridiculous.
    So he send them home so he can suit up others. If he he planning on sitting them the entire game anyways. I have no problem with it unless i was a Spurs fan. I would want them to beat the heat.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post

What difference does it make? How does it make any difference in the fan experience at all? I'm sure tons of Heat fans will leave the game pissed off because they couldn't watch Duncan on the bench cheering on his teammates.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    So he send them home so he can suit up others. If he he planning on sitting them the entire game anyways. I have no problem with it unless i was a Spurs fan. I would want them to beat the heat.
    I think a Spurs fan would rather win a title than one regular season game against the Heat. They have faded in the playoffs the last couple of years. I'm sure he's trying to save as much as their energy for the playoffs as possible.

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Basketball players are pussies.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    What difference does it make? How does it make any difference in the fan experience at all? I'm sure tons of Heat fans will leave the game pissed off because they couldn't watch Duncan on the bench cheering on his teammates.
    Other than the obvious fact that you're going to be attending a blowout that will be over by halftime, it probably doesn't affect the "experience" at all. Even though I was arguing nothing about the fan experience anyway.

My argument was from a competitive standpoint. It's just bush league to completely quit on a regular season game. If your team has that many problems playing its schedule rotate the sit/starts. Don't send the whole damn team home.

14. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Just shows the regular season is too long. NBA is a joke. Stern is going to seriously menstrate over this.

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

I'd be pissed if I had spent a couple hundy on a ticket. I get the premiss pop is going for but if I were a paying customer I would want my $$ back.

18. The Following User High Fived smith49 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by smith49 View Post
    I'd be pissed if I had spent a couple hundy on a ticket. I get the premiss pop is going for but if I were a paying customer I would want my $$ back.
    and if they sat on the bench the entire time, would you still be pissed? Either way are resting a game.

Adopted Bronco:

I am a Nuggets fan, so I pay attention to them. In terms of schedules so far:

from article:

Denver's opening schedule is brutal. And by opening schedule, I mean the first full two months of the season. Between opening night and January 1st, the Nuggets play 22 of 32 on the road. That leaves just 19 road games for them from January 1st through the end of the season, though, so there's always a balance-out. If they can survive the start of the season, they've got a favorable set the rest of the way.
    AND

The Lakers, Nuggets, and Spurs have the worst disparity in rest vs. opponent rest, and the Pacers, Cavaliers, and Blazers have the best.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ey...3-nba-schedule

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:

Default Commish: Sanctions coming

MIAMI -- San Antonio Spurs coach Gregg Popovich sent stars Tim Duncan, Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili, plus key role player Danny Green, home for Thursday night's game against the Miami Heat, choosing rest instead of playing them in an early-season showdown.

NBA commissioner David Stern promised repercussions for the move, saying the Spurs will face "substantial sanctions" for their approach to the game.

"I apologize to all NBA fans," Stern said in a statement. "This was an unacceptable decision by the San Antonio Spurs and substantial sanctions will be forthcoming."
    rest - http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/86...-vs-miami-heat

THIS ONES FOR JOHN

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Love Tim Duncan, always have but i agree with some others that this is ridiculous. You get paid thousands/millions to do a job (which is actually playing a game). If i were any of the other teammates i would feel offended. I would be like "Why cant i go home?". If all the other players need to be there than so should the other guys. Sorry, cant get on board with its ok even if they were sitting on the bench. Whatever Stern is going to do is totally justified.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information