Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Pop Can’t Dance Out Of This One

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    The fans were not going to watch these guys play. That's why this is irrelevant. What is the basis of the fine?
    The basis of the fine is that he intentionally compromised the integrity of the competition. Also, for being a dick.

2. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Conduct detrimental.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

That would be an awful fine. Sorry Commish, I sent our players home...they weren't going to play...

Pop did nothing wrong. Overreaction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

5. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    That would be an awful fine. Sorry Commish, I sent our players home...they weren't going to play...

Pop did nothing wrong. Overreaction.
    What if an NFL team literally dressed 26 players, and all of those 26 players were not starters? And then they didn't even require those other 27 players to be in the stadium?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by smith49 View Post
    I'd be pissed if I had spent a couple hundy on a ticket. I get the premiss pop is going for but if I were a paying customer I would want my $$ back.
    It's not Pop's job to please the fans. It's his job to do what's best for the Spurs.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Resting his dudes for the playoffs everyone knows they are going to make is what he was doing.

The season is too long. And Stern is a dbag. The emporer has no clothes.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Stern can't fine them for a rule that doesn't exist. I've never seen the rule where a coach can't manage his team however he pleases.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

Sten makes up rules as he goes. Enjoy the circus.

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    What if an NFL team literally dressed 26 players, and all of those 26 players were not starters? And then they didn't even require those other 27 players to be in the stadium?
    Then you have that same situation of darn.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Richard Simmons

David Stern is a comedy. Think about it.

14. The Following User High Fived BeefStew25 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Yes, the season is too long, and yes Stern is a power hungry douche. But you negotiate that stuff through collective bargaining. This is the equivalent of civil disobedience, which is great in matters of politics and government, but the NBA is big business. Pop is biting the hand that feeds.

How dare he send these guys home. They may actually get time to spend with their families. They may be able to clear their heads and enjoy some down time. They should have sat on the bench for no reason because that's "professional".

Ha. Wow. $250,000 fine.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Way to stick it to the man, Pop. Hope it was worth it to get your point across.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Ridiculous fine. This happens in every sport. Baseball players get days off all the time and NFL teams bench all of their stars when they have clinched a playoff spot in the last week. Even tanking NBA teams rest their stars at the end of the season to move up in the lottery. Stern is opening up a Pandora's box here.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information