Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Pop Can’t Dance Out Of This One

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by smith49 View Post
    I'd be pissed if I had spent a couple hundy on a ticket. I get the premiss pop is going for but if I were a paying customer I would want my $$ back.
    and if they sat on the bench the entire time, would you still be pissed? Either way are resting a game.

He'll ya I'd be pissed. Like I said, I get it. That doesn't mean if I had spent my hard earned $$ on a ticket I wouldn't want to see the best guys play.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I hope the NBA fines the shit out of him. I'd be pissed if I paid full price for that game.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

One of the best coach/ gms the league has ever seen. I think he can do what he wants

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    One of the best coach/ gms the league has ever seen. I think he can do what he wants
    Within the general spirit of the game, sure.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

5. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    I think Master of the Universe David Stern will disagree.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I think Master of the Universe David Stern will disagree.
    Stern is still a douche.

The worst part of this game isn't even Popovich throwing a big middle finger at the league.

The worst things are:
    A.) Charles Barkley playing the role of league patsy and not even broaching the subject in an in game interview.
    B.) Miami playing like Washington.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Stern is still a douche.

The worst part of this game isn't even Popovich throwing a big middle finger at the league.

The worst things are:
    A.) Charles Barkley playing the role of league patsy and not even broaching the subject in an in game interview.
    B.) Miami playing like Washington.
    Stern is an uber mega douche of the highest order. But this is a BS move by Pop - you don't see this in MLB where the season is twice as long and there is a code of honor about respecting the integrity of the game.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Stern is an uber mega douche of the highest order. But this is a BS move by Pop - you don't see this in MLB where the season is twice as long and there is a code of honor about respecting the integrity of the game.
    The Heat should get sanctioned for being down five to this crap team with two to play.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

The Heat should get sanctioned for being down five to this crap team with two to play.
    What we are witnessing is the Ewing Theory in action.

11. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Within the general spirit of the game, sure.
    Winning is within the spirit of the game. He's thinking long term. He has not broken any rules. I'm with BTB on this one because no matter what, those guys aren't playing. Their presence is irrelevant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

13. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Winning is within the spirit of the game. He's thinking long term. He has not broken any rules. I'm with BTB on this one because no matter what, those guys aren't playing. Their presence is irrelevant.
    You can't send them home. Make them go through warm-ups and sit on the bench. They are being paid a gazillion dollars to entertain fans. Pop is trying to be the scheduler as well, which is out of line.

15. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

You can't send them home. Make them go through warm-ups and sit on the bench. They are being paid a gazillion dollars to entertain fans. Pop is trying to be the scheduler as well, which is out of line.
    Exactly. It's one thing to send Ginobili and Duncan home because Ginobili has a bad back (he does) and Duncan has a bad knee (he does). It's a whole other thing to literally send six players (that's half a roster, two are injured) back to San Antonio after ALREADY ARRIVING at your destination. Popovich is throwing a big middle finger at the league, especially considering it was a Thursday night featured game. It was bush league no matter how much you hate Stern.

He can send them home. I know that he can because he did. They are his players on his team. They are paid at the discretion of their employers and their employers employees who are designated to manage or coach them.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

18. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    He can send them home. I know that he can because he did. They are his players on his team. They are paid at the discretion of their employers and their employers employees who are designated to manage or coach them.
    I get that - but c'mon... The league wouldn't exist without the fans. As Mo said, he did it explicitly to say **** you to the league, and in the process he also said **** you to all the fans. It was a total bush league move, and I really hope they fine the shit out of him for being a dick. I'm starting to get sick of his entitled routine to he honest, between this and constantly going out of his way to disrespect reporters during interviews.

The fans were not going to watch these guys play. That's why this is irrelevant. What is the basis of the fine?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information