Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Bailey says he never plans to play Safety...

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    Other than against AJ Green, what other WR has done anything of note against champ this season?
    No one.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    No one.
    Roddy White/Wes Welker/Andre Johnson
    Last edited by NightTerror218; 11-29-2012 at 08:25 PM.

3. The Following User High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    Roddy White/Julio Jones/Wes Welker/Andre Johnson
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Making the same dumb arguments Zam does. Goes to find the best receiver on the team statistically. Then blames Champ.

That's a weak argument. He shut down Johnson when they moved him over.

6. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

not all of them had amazing games, but they did line up against champ and we did lose those games. just saying.

edit: white 102 yards, johnson 72 yards, welker 104 yards I do not know if champ was locked on the best WR during those games or not but those are the top WR for their teams and had good games.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

not all of them had amazing games, but they did line up against champ and we did lose those games. just saying.
    Really?

edit: white 102 yards, johnson 72 yards, welker 104 yards I do not know if champ was locked on the best WR during those games or not but those are the top WR for their teams and had good games.
    This is why people need to watch the games before judging players. How good a cornerback does has nothing to do with whether we win or lose the game (this should be obvious), and it doesn't have anything to do with how good a receivers stats are. The second point may seem less obvious than the first, but a few things to consider:

1) Champ did not cover those guys every play each game. For example, Andre Johnson's 72 yards came primarily from a big 60 yard TD catch, and it was Tracy Porter (not Bailey) in coverage on that play. There was also a couple of safety issues over the top early in the season.

2) Champ has played a tremendous amount of man coverage this year on top receivers, but not always the "#1 guy" (he played Julio Jones and Brandon Lloyd sometimes during the other games, for example). Other times, it's a zone defense, and it is a linebacker or safeties job to defend a player, even if Champ initially lines across from them

3) Sometimes players will give up passes depending on the situation. For example, if it's 3rd and 15, it's stupid to go for a pick on a quick 5 yard route if you have no safety support. Instead, you give the 5 yard catch, and then make the tackle. P.S. Champ is still a top 3 tackling DB in my opinion.

I actually don't even think he had that bad of a game working on A.J. Green, but that's another argument...

The big point is that Champ, as usual and as expected, has done a tremendous job taking away the threat of whoever is lining against him. If you watch the games you can see this. He's gives up a few short to intermediate ones now and then, but he's still not being tested very often.

10. The Following 14 Users High Fived cmc0605 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

White was lined up on Porter all game. Champ covered Jones almost exclusively...

The majority of Johnson's 72 yards and his lone TD came against Porter...

Champ never once lined up against Welker in the NE game. Champ lined up vs Lloyd exclusively. Chris Harris was singled up on Welker for the majority of the game.

Champ plays LCB and rarely moves to cover the other team's #1. He has been doing it more this season than I've ever seen before, but in pretty much ever example you listed, Champ wasn't the guy covering that receiver.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

12. The Following 7 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Quote Originally Posted by cmc0605 View Post
    This is why people need to watch the games before judging players.
    Yep. I posted right after you did and this was exactly what I was thinking when I was typing mine. If you didn't watch the game, or can't remember what happened, don't post things as if they're facts. There are lies, damned lies, and statistics...

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    White was lined up on Porter all game. Champ covered Jones almost exclusively...

Champ never once lined up against Welker in the NE game. Champ lined up vs Lloyd exclusively. Chris Harris was singled up on Welker for the majority of the game.

Champ plays LCB and rarely moves to cover the other team's #1. He has been doing it more this season than I've ever seen before, but in pretty much ever example you listed, Champ wasn't the guy covering that receiver.
    And when he has moved - over to Johnson in the Houston game, on Steve Smith in the Carolina game, Malcolm Floyd against San Diego, Bowe against Kansas City - he's shut down that wide receiver.

It's just idiotic to claim Bailey still isn't one of the best.

15. The Following 6 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

It's as if some just make statements without even watching the games. Good grief. Champ is still one of the best in the league and that's a fact, not an opinion.

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived smith49 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post

And when he has moved - over to Johnson in the Houston game, on Steve Smith in the Carolina game, Malcolm Floyd against San Diego, Bowe against Kansas City - he's shut down that wide receiver.

It's just idiotic to claim Bailey still isn't one of the best.

Oh and not to mention that he is by far one of the best open field tacklers we or any team has. He rarely wigs on a tackle. Gosh damn, why is this even an argument. It's obvious if you watch him play how good he still is.

19. The Following 7 Users High Fived smith49 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

I do not know if champ was locked on the best WR during those games or not
    Then why bring that up?
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

Has anyone ever said Champ isn't still one of the best CBs in the league on these boards? Because if they have, I haven't seen it. You guys are yelling down arguments no one has even made.
    If not me, who?

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

These threads..:

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

23. The Following 2 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information