Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Does the Late Year Slide Begin?

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

Default Does the Late Year Slide Begin?

As we know, December is the month when the team "usually" begins to have it's late season slide. Anyone think it will continue? Yesterdays game with KC had me wondering if it had begun or if was it just that KC is a division rival and generally play us pretty tough.

TB is a very good team and the remainder of our games aren't the gimmies most people think. Here's hoping that PM's presence and the continued great play of the defense will help us past this recurring issue.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Traveler For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

In years past, the late year slide would have begun with a loss yesterday at Arrowhead. Manning won't let that happen.

4. The Following 6 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    george floyd little

you are thinking of the shanahan years !
    a tradfition honored by JMCD!

lousy in the second half!
    second half of games
    second half of season.

those were also the TUTEN YEARS !
    ouir strength and conditioning program was a misnomer !
    things are very different now!
    I think our lack-luster performance against the cheifs can serve as a wake-up call, although admittedly, my guess is that the clousd of AYERS fathers death had much to do with his teammates unfocused performance.
    CAN WE PLEASE JUST SKIP ALL THE NONESENSE AND JUST TALK FOOTBALL?

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

Quote Originally Posted by Chef Zambini View Post
    you are thinking of the shanahan years !
    a tradfition honored by JMCD!

lousy in the second half!
    second half of games
    second half of season.

those were also the TUTEN YEARS !
    ouir strength and conditioning program was a misnomer !
    things are very different now!
    I think our lack-luster performance against the cheifs can serve as a wake-up call, although admittedly, my guess is that the clousd of AYERS fathers death had much to do with his teammates unfocused performance.
    Let's hope you are correct!

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

I don't think people are giving the Broncos enough credit for this win, personally. Arrowhead was LOUD even though their team is awful. As I watched the game I couldn't believe how well the Chiefs were covering our receivers (it even lead to a few coverage sacks on Manning). The completions Manning did make were in tight windows, and Knowshon had to fight for his yards even though he played very well. That last long drive from our offense was a statement and really put the nail in the coffin on the game, which is exactly what good teams do to win games on the road.

Am I thrilled with the offensive production yesterday? Nope. Still too many drops and even a few bad throws from Manning, but I'm not overly concerned yet. KC was desperate for a win and we got their best shot and we still won not even playing our best game. That game actually reminded me of how well they matched up against Baltimore early in the season where they lost 9-6 or something ridiculous like that. We made the plays we needed to make on defense and offense to win, that is what good teams do. Whether or not we are a great team will be decided the remainder of the year.

8. The Following 8 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

I think many people know what playing the Chiefs at Arrowhead means. That's why I believe it's ridiculous to refer to this game as a trap game.

But Traveler did bring up a good point about the BRONCOS losing record vs teams with winning records this year. This Sunday will be a great test for the BRONCOS and I don't believe in the mindset of 'it's ok to lose to the Bucs' because it's not as meaningful as far as the AFC goes

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I think many people know what playing the Chiefs at Arrowhead means. That's why I believe it's ridiculous to refer to this game as a trap game.

But Traveler did bring up a good point about the BRONCOS losing record vs teams with winning records this year. This Sunday will be a great test for the BRONCOS and I don't believe in the mindset of 'it's ok to lose to the Bucs' because it's not as meaningful as far as the AFC goes
    Well, even if the Broncos did let up against the Chiefs maybe it was a good wake-up call to not underestimate anyone. I hope they come out firing against Tampa Bay early and often. Especially since I'm taking my dad to that game!

11. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    I don't think people are giving the Broncos enough credit for this win, personally. Arrowhead was LOUD even though their team is awful. As I watched the game I couldn't believe how well the Chiefs were covering our receivers (it even lead to a few coverage sacks on Manning). The completions Manning did make were in tight windows, and Knowshon had to fight for his yards even though he played very well. That last long drive from our offense was a statement and really put the nail in the coffin on the game, which is exactly what good teams do to win games on the road.

Am I thrilled with the offensive production yesterday? Nope. Still too many drops and even a few bad throws from Manning, but I'm not overly concerned yet. KC was desperate for a win and we got their best shot and we still won not even playing our best game. That game actually reminded me of how well they matched up against Baltimore early in the season where they lost 9-6 or something ridiculous like that. We made the plays we needed to make on defense and offense to win, that is what good teams do. Whether or not we are a great team will be decided the remainder of the year.
    Not to take up the Chiefs cause, I think people underestimate the KC defense. They held us to 17 points when we were averaging 30+ for the past 4-5 weeks. It's KC's offense that is holding them back, sans Charles.

Our games against TB & BAL and how well we play the remainder of this month will cement my views about our team. We usually have trouble against really physical teams so these games will shed much light on how much we've caught to the upper echelon teams in the league.
    Last edited by Traveler; 11-26-2012 at 01:01 PM.

13. The Following 4 Users High Fived Traveler For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Randy Gradishar Steve Atwater

Even the best of teams have games like this BUT I also credit KC's defense. Denver also couldn't match the intensity of the Chiefs but still managed to win. I'm hoping it's not the annual slide otherwise Denver will be embarassed by Tampa Bay this weekend. Tampa is tough as nails and on the verge of being a very good team. If Denver lays an egg for a second week in a row we will lose to Tampa. Finsgers crossed that doesn't happen....

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

No.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    Not to take up the Chiefs cause, I think people underestimate the KC defense. They held us to 17 points when we were averaging 30+ for the past 4-5 weeks. It's KC's offense that is holding them back, sans Charles.

Our games against TB & BAL nd how well we play this month will cement my views about our team. We usually have trouble against really physical teams so these games will shed much light on how much we've caught to the upper echelon teams in the league.
    Very good points and if the Chiefs are not careful guys like Bowe and Charles may not stick around if they cant find a field general who can lead that offense.

18. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Very good points and if the Chiefs are not careful guys like Bowe and Charles may not stick around if they cant find a field general who can lead that offense.
    Not embarrassed to say I'd take Charles in a heartbeat.

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived Traveler For This Post:

No, we'll win at least 3 of our last 5. All we need is one win to clinch our division.

well, we'll see if luke richesson knows what he's talking about regarding his theories on high altitude training over the course of a season.

"I think it's clear, the research is clear, it's more difficult to consistently maintain maximum performance, maximum output at altitude," Richesson said. "There's the build-up of (carbon dioxide) when you train that your body has to deal with, and we have less oxygen. So, to that end we have to make sure everything else in the program is in order. Even the simple things like meals, sleep, what we eat, take on a greater importance."

full article here:

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...players-finish

23. The Following User High Fived rationalfan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    george floyd little

TUTEN :

RUB SOME DIRT ON IT
    LETS JUST PUMP SOME MORE LEAD
    TAKE THESE SUPPLEMENTS THAt i have an endorsement contract with.
    CAN WE PLEASE JUST SKIP ALL THE NONESENSE AND JUST TALK FOOTBALL?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information