Thread: Bombshell? ACC Ready To Implode

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Default Bombshell? ACC Ready To Implode

Very shaky source says the defection of Maryland to the Big 10 has many other ACC schools scrambling for new conferences and, in fact, has been doing so behind the scenes for many months:

http://www.eersauthority.com/expansi...-on-the-brink/

It says Virginia, North Carolina and Georgia Tech have applied to the Big 10 and it may take all three with the expectation that Penn State will be kicked out.

It says five schools (Florida St., Georgia Tech, North Carolina, NC St. and Virginia Tech have applied to the SEC.

It also says the Big XII has been talking to Florida St., Miami, Clemson and Virginia Tech as well as Louisville from the Big East.

There are a few head-scratchers for me though including why the Big 10 added Maryland if it was so close to adding UVA and UNC, far better schools than UM.

Or why the Big XII is toying with Louisville when Pitt makes much more sense.

But, still, if much of this is true, we may be close to the final superconference free-for-all which will reduce five major conferences to four and usher in the time when four megaconferences will rule the college football universe.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Bad source.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information