Poll: Who is the Most Surprising Group of Players?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Vote for Most Valuable Surprise Player (MVSP)

Nate Irving for me. unsung hero

Harris and Carter deserve a lot of credit, but I gotta go with Woodyard. The man is playing at an entirely different level.

I think I will be keeping more of an eye on Trevathon. for a rook he is certainly contributing. I know nothing more about him or his SEC career, other than most tackles, etc. nice size, mobility, and color though. I dont' remember drafting him

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Im surprised the backup punter Anubis isnt getting any love. I mean, come on? Best moral support this team has had in YEARS!

Quote Originally Posted by bronconut View Post
    I think I will be keeping more of an eye on Trevathon. for a rook he is certainly contributing. I know nothing more about him or his SEC career, other than most tackles, etc. nice size, mobility, and color though. I dont' remember drafting him
    That's what happens when you play football at Kentucky. Haha

(Randall Cobb being an exception)

Adopted Bronco:
    Sly Williams

The fact that it's tough to choose speaks volumes

7. The Following User High Fived SoCalImport For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Sly Williams

For me it's got to be woodyard. I've loved his heart and play for years. This year wasn't the first ttime he's played really well in place of DJ.
    He's the definition of a team guy and his obvious friendship with B. Dawkins while he was in Denver speaks to that.

edit: I changed my mind. It all starts up front and Woodyard would not be having these kinds of games if not for those nobody DLinemen (and Dumerville) that are kicking some ass up front. Since it starts in the trenches and we lost Warren/dumerville is not usually great against the run/ Who's Mitch Unrein? I say the play of the D-line is the biggest overall suprise.

I already knew Woodyard was good.
    Last edited by SoCalImport; 11-20-2012 at 07:26 PM.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived SoCalImport For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    It was a tough choice between the DL and the DBs for me... hell, even the LBs were a question. But the biggest worry going into the season was the DL, and it was by far the loudest 'cry' around here. So I've been very excited as to how well they've played.

That being said, the play of Carter and Harris has been awesome. Can't say enough about them.
    I agree with the above, and also voted for the DL as being the most surprising. We knew that Harris was a good nickel corner, and although those skills don't exactly transfer to starting corner, there was some inkling that he might do well in the expanded roll. I remember liking Tony Carter when he was with us before, so his good play wasn't totally surprising to me, but the extent to which he's performed his job has been unexpected.

With the injuries pre-season to Hunter and Wilfork, us getting rid of Bunkley, and our decision to play Wolfe (a rookie) extensively, I wasn't expecting much from our DL. But the DL has been fantastic in getting pressure on the QB. They've been occupying blockers so that our Linebackers can play in space unmolested, and the rotation has been fantastic with Ayres/Vickerson really stepping up when Dumervil and Wolfe have been out. I'm loving the play of our defensive backs and linebackers, but I really think the unsung heroes are the guys on the interior of the DL that seem to be making it difficult to execute offensive plays against us.

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived Grover For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

If the DL did not step it up we could still have been slashed in the secondary. We now have consistent QB pressure and can stop the run with the front 4 (plus Von). It makes the secondary's life much easier. But secondary is always playing better and getting TO. Like the pick 6 on cam, that was because von was pressuring him and he made a dumb pass that was picked off. DL is forcing bad plays IMO which improved secondary is taking advantage of.

13. The Following User High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Jack Del Rio

/thread
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

The D played really well last season but have taken a giant step this year. Everyone looks to have stepped it up and the young DB's look great. It's just a great time to be a fan of this team

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

I thought our LB's would would be a big ol weakness. I am very surprised how they have been able to "Get 'er done"!

18. The Following User High Fived johnb For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by johnb View Post
    I thought our LB's would would be a big ol weakness. I am very surprised how they have been able to "Get 'er done"!
    dude avatar is scary.

Quote Originally Posted by johnb View Post
    Im just high fiving this post because of the sweet avatar!

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    It was a tough choice between the DL and the DBs for me... hell, even the LBs were a question. But the biggest worry going into the season was the DL, and it was by far the loudest 'cry' around here. So I've been very excited as to how well they've played.

That being said, the play of Carter and Harris has been awesome. Can't say enough about them.
    Agreed - its a nice problem to have trying to ID the guys who have been the biggest pleasant surprise. The excellent development of the WR's isn't that much of a shock, and I've always liked Woodyard.

RB is the only area where we have come up short in 2012. Everyone else, CB's LB's DL, WR's TE's are more than earning their pay.
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information