Poll: Who is the Most Surprising Group of Players?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Vote for Most Valuable Surprise Player (MVSP)

Default Vote for Most Valuable Surprise Player (MVSP)

We all know how good the Manning's, Millers, Champ's, Dumervil's, etc are... and we all knew it before the season started. However, a big part of this team's success has also been due to a number of other, perhaps more "surprising," contributors.

I'm putting in a poll to see the opinions on the biggest success stories on this team aside from the obvious ones. These are limited to groups that, in my opinion at least, would not have "obviously" been playing at a superior level if you asked everyone at the begnning of the season.
    Last edited by cmc0605; 11-20-2012 at 12:27 AM.

Throw in Stokley to the WR column too...

3. The Following User High Fived cmc0605 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I would say Carter and Harris. I didn't really buy into Harris before the season like most on here did and no one really had Carter on their radar. I am shocked at how good they are.

5. The Following 4 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

I have to say DL, they are getting serious QB pressure and stopping run making it easier on secondary

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Cedric Cobb. Guy is electric. Oh and omon

9. The Following User High Fived Jsteve01 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by BaileyTheBest View Post
    I would say Carter and Harris. I didn't really buy into Harris before the season like most on here did and no one really had Carter on their radar. I am shocked at how good they are.

Carter and Harris have been very pleasant surprises. They have played above my expectations. The secondary has been quite simply stellar.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

11. The Following 4 Users High Fived Canmore For This Post:

All of the above and then some. I can't believe how well everyone is doing. Ayers and Vickerson are playing well. Woodyard has gotten better every season but seemed to skyrocket this season. I had hopes that Brooking would play well, wasn't sure he actually would. Trevathan is playing better than he's suppose to right now. I thought the DBs as a whole would be garbage. Undrafted free agents playing lights out at CB. Like with Brooking, I'm surprised Mike Adams is playing as solid as I wanted him to. I gave up on Moore, and I rarely give up on anyone, but he's improving. A lot of guys may have knew better, but I didn't think Dreessen would be doing this well. Stokely seemed to be fading out of the league, but you can't buy the timing that he and Manning have.

I really hoped our team would get better as the season progressed and as we got out of the tougher part of the schedule. I didn't think our defense would be playing like one of the best in the league.

13. The Following 7 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by dbfan2007 View Post
    All of the above and then some. I can't believe how well everyone is doing. Ayers and Vickerson are playing well. Woodyard has gotten better every season but seemed to skyrocket this season. I had hopes that Brooking would play well, wasn't sure he actually would. Trevathan is playing better than he's suppose to right now. I thought the DBs as a whole would be garbage. Undrafted free agents playing lights out at CB. Like with Brooking, I'm surprised Mike Adams is playing as solid as I wanted him to. I gave up on Moore, and I rarely give up on anyone, but he's improving. A lot of guys may have knew better, but I didn't think Dreessen would be doing this well. Stokely seemed to be fading out of the league, but you can't buy the timing that he and Manning have.

I really hoped our team would get better as the season progressed and as we got out of the tougher part of the schedule. I didn't think our defense would be playing like one of the best in the league.
    This is a nice post. I said the secondary but when the season began we looked like we had a number of question marks at a lot of positions. As the season has progressed the questions have been answered and they are a resounding yes. We have some players, especially on defense.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

15. The Following User High Fived Canmore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    george floyd little

echo the enthusiasm on all fronts. we have made significant improvements in all 3 phases of the game, and several players have been pleasant surprises.
    CARTER and HARRIS /
    those guys have really been an upgrade! move them to safety !
    CAN WE PLEASE JUST SKIP ALL THE NONESENSE AND JUST TALK FOOTBALL?

17. The Following User High Fived Chef Zambini For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

This or Rahim Moore

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

I voted for Carter and Harris, but the real answer is JDR and Jeff Rodgers. For nearly a decade our defense and STs have been sub=par to say the least and now they're a team strength. Our offense is playing well with Manning, but the defense is making just as many plays to get the ball back for the offense and to force 3 and outs. It's a team game and we finally have a team that is playing like one and is a no-shit contender.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

21. The Following 4 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Agree with all above posts. If I had to pick one player in particular I'd say Woodyard.

When we first saw woody a few seasons back as a rookie he caught my eye. I thought he looked like a high energy highly motivated player. I think he still has all that and has just gotten smarter. He is leading this D and I couldn't be more pleased with his progression as a player and as a leader.

I also love that he gets very little credit outside of bronco nation. It seems like all the hype is PFM and our O, which is fine and well deserved. But to see the D that is qb'd by Woody doing what it is without hype and all the praise is just cool to see. Love that guy.

Agreed on Carter and Harris. I thought Harris was a solid nickel last year and was good when injuries threw him into that role, but really figured he would be dime at best with Florence & Porter on the roster. He and Carter have stepped up big time.

24. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

For me, Carter and Harris. In key moments they have come up big this year which is great.

26. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

It was a tough choice between the DL and the DBs for me... hell, even the LBs were a question. But the biggest worry going into the season was the DL, and it was by far the loudest 'cry' around here. So I've been very excited as to how well they've played.

That being said, the play of Carter and Harris has been awesome. Can't say enough about them.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

28. The Following 3 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information