Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-13 College Basketball Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    We still don't know what the original call was. And I don't know the rule well enough to know when the "official" "on the court" ruling is made.
    Watch the 7-8 second mark - the ref at the bottom signals the basket is good. The other refs signal nothing. Then the referee at the top of the screen calls for a review.

If you had two conflicting calls, with one of the other officials waiving the basket off, that would be one thing. But that wasn't the case. You had one official signal good basket, and then another call for a review.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Watch the 7-8 second mark - the ref at the bottom signals the basket is good. The other refs signal nothing. Then the referee at the top of the screen calls for a review.

If you had two conflicting calls, with one of the other officials waiving the basket off, that would be one thing. But that wasn't the case. You had one official signal good basket, and then another call for a review.

Yes. I know.

But my point is, I don't know the rule. If he signals that, does it make it official? That's the issue at hand. Seth Davis didn't answer that question when I tweeted him.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Yes. I know.

But my point is, I don't know the rule. If he signals that, does it make it official? That's the issue at hand. Seth Davis didn't answer that question when I tweeted him.
    It was technically the only call on the floor. How could two no-calls override the ref who signaled that it was a good basket? They never waived off the basket before reviewing the play. They signaled good basket, and then immediately went and reviewed it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

It was technically the only call on the floor. How could two no-calls override the ref who signaled that it was a good basket? They never waived off the basket before reviewing the play. They signaled good basket, and then immediately went and reviewed it.
    What's the rule? And what did ESPN catch on camera? We don't know if, like in football, there's an official ruling on the field and then they go to the video. We don't know that. Or at least I don't. And we don't know if ESPN simply didn't catch what the call was.

Can they confer? Decide the outcome on the floor and then review? Can they confer, decide there is no outcome on the floor and then review?

I don't know the rule. And I think that might be a determining factor.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

For me after watching the replay it was a good shot. CU was totally robbed and the officials should be fined. The whole point of replay is too get the call correct and it was very obvious the ball left the kids hand before time expired.

6. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

UA coach Sean Miller said during his postgame news conference that he had not seen the replay but was told it could "go either way."
    http://azstarnet.com/sports/basketba...6815e3faa.html

how could the shot have gone either way????? It either was good, or not good!!!!!!!

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

John Adams, director of officiating, told Mike DeCourcy of the Sporting News, it was called correctly.

According to Adams (paraphrasing), there was no video showing the ball out of his hands with time on the clock, therefore the correct call was made.

Sorry, on mobile and can't link it. Don't shoot the messenger.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

John Adams, director of officiating, told Mike DeCourcy of the Sporting News, it was called correctly.

According to Adams (paraphrasing), there was no video showing the ball out of his hands with time on the clock, therefore the correct call was made.

Sorry, on mobile and can't link it. Don't shoot the messenger.
    What the **** are they trying to pull here? They have the same angles available as the rest of us. I'm even more infuriated by their cover-up and denial today than the actual blown call.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

[QUOTE=Buff;1821660]What the **** are they trying to pull here? They have the same angles available as the rest of us. I'm even more infuriated by their cover-up and denial today than the actual blown call.[/QUOTE

The following is very confusing.

The Arizona Daily Star’s Bruce Pascoe tweeted that a “UA official told me that Pac-12 installed a new video system for officials only at its schools this year, so refs do not use TV feeds.”
    http://blogs.denverpost.com/colleges...counted/26488/

Well, how convenient that they are supposedly reviewing something which no one can see

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

The bright side, my Gamecocks have won as many games now as they have all of last year. 10-3 heading into the SEC schedule.

The not so bright side, this team is already being plagued by injuries to key players and losing one of it's better shooters for the season due to academics.

Bright spot, getting Bruce Ellington back fulltime now that the football season is over with.

Tennessee stomping the shit out of Kentucky. No one can realize how happy that makes me.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

UVA baby! Joe Harris is da man. 73-68 over #3 dookies.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=330590258

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

*Sigh*

When it comes to Virginia basketball and football its quite frustrating. So we go and beat Duke and then proceed to lose to two bad teams and now trail a decent Maryland team but its at home where UVA generally plays their best. They have time to turn it around but right now they dont deserve a spot in the NCAA Tourney. If they lose this game they will most likely be one and done in the ACC Tourney and looking at NIT which is bogus. So so disappointing......

Adopted Bronco:
    TBD

I'm in Las Vegas covering the Mountain West tourny and wow. Caught some of the Pac-12 the other day at the MGM the set up is nice! Also hit the WAC, hoops overload!
    <script src='http://img43.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=pbj250px.gif&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript></noscript>

Twitter: JBuck610
    Host morning drive sports talk program in Albuquerque.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoAV06 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

UVA lost to NC State so they are probably out while MD went on to beat Duke AGAIN and probably get in. Sometimes i hate UVA and the way they approach athletics.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information