Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 LastLast

Thread: Buff's Elitist Movie Review Thread

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Yeah, I could see what it was doing and have an appreciation for it... But it felt kind of tedious to go along with it at times. I dunno - there was an enjoyment deficiency that I'm having a hard time putting my finger on.
    Perhaps a persistent skepticism of payoff that did not improve?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

OK so I've been circling both of these, but are they legit considerations or just fodder for this thread?
    I'm not sure, my tastes are particular to me. You can research these things and decide better than I could counsel you. Both directors are well regarded in an artsy elitist way though, if that helps.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Knives Out was a major disappointment... How was this critically acclaimed? What a waste of time. 3/10.
    This is the absurdity I’m here for. Knives Out was fantastic.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

4. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

OK so I've been circling both of these, but are they legit considerations or just fodder for this thread?
    I think Midsommar is. It goes some places, man. I have no desire to see Lighthouse.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Buff, I've been gushing over one of my favorite films of all time, The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford, have you seen it?

I can't remember if this film has been brought up in this thread yet.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Buff, I've been gushing over one of my favorite films of all time, The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford, have you seen it?

I can't remember if this film has been brought up in this thread yet.
    I have not. And I never got around to seeing O Brother either though I'd like to at some point. Which one do you like more?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Is The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford on Netflix right now, Chazoe?

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I have not. And I never got around to seeing O Brother either though I'd like to at some point. Which one do you like more?
    Damn. You should watch The Assassination of Jesse James, like right now. Just watch it tonight.

Which do I like better? I'm more apt to rewatch O'Brother but in terms of filmmaking I don't think a better film has ever been made than The Assassination of...
    Let's Rid3!!!!

10. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

O Brother.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I have yet to see either movie and will require detailed instructions in order to watch either one. I am also unwilling to pay money for this experiment in the form of additional subscriptions or a rental fee. TIA.

I am working on making the world come to me, how am I doing so far?

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I have yet to see either movie and will require detailed instructions in order to watch either one. I am also unwilling to pay money for this experiment in the form of additional subscriptions or a rental fee. TIA.

I am working on making the world come to me, how am I doing so far?
    I would suggest the library but don't know if they're open at the moment.

Both of these flicks are worth the few bucks to rent them on Vudu or whatever though.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

15. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

O Brother, Where Art Thou? Is free on Vudu with ads.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    O Brother, Where Art Thou? Is free on Vudu with ads.
    There ya go.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I don't do ads. My inability to donate time to advertisers is without compare.

Library is great idea, thanks Chaz. DCL is opening up for curbside this week I think.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information