Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Rahim Moore

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    Is this Moore's 2nd or 3rd yr?
    Second. He made a couple of good plays yesterday. He'll look a lot better if the front seven and cornerbacks continue to play this well. It's easy to blame a safety as he is the last line of defense on big plays. But if everyone in front of him is doing their job, it might free him up to ball hawk a little bit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

He's still young in the NFL.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I will say, that screen play he blew up.... damned good play. I haven't noticed him missing on some easy play like last year, and seeing him make great plays.... I'm on board, good improvement, hopefully he keeps getting better.
    I had to do a double-take on that play. I couldn't believe it was #26 that blew it up....a very nice play by the Dream.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

4. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Is this Moore's 2nd or 3rd yr?
    second.

this is going to come off wrong but i have to ask; you're online posting that question on these boards, why not just google the answer?

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by rationalfan View Post
    second.

this is going to come off wrong but i have to ask; you're online posting that question on these boards, why not just google the answer?
    Because I know MO has all the answers and doesn't mind answering and I don't feel like it. What does it matter to you?

7. The Following 4 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Because I know MO has all the answers and doesn't mind answering and I don't feel like it. What does it matter to you?
    Mo does know a lot. He's a pretty smart fella.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

Quote Originally Posted by bronconut View Post
    Still loved his play but AJ Green punked Champ a few times today. Other than that, I agree, he is still solid
    Actually, Champ won a few, lost a few. That happens when two superstars get
    together. That's why they are superstars.

Nonetheless, there were a couple plays where it looked as if it was Champ's
    fault, but it really wasn't. The old saying, "appearances can be deceiving,"
    really becomes manifest in the defensive backfield. . .
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

10. The Following User High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by topscribe View Post
    Actually, Champ won a few, lost a few. That happens when two superstars get
    together. That's why they are superstars.

Nonetheless, there were a couple plays where it looked as if it was Champ's
    fault, but it really wasn't. The old saying, "appearances can be deceiving,"
    really becomes manifest in the defensive backfield. . .
    well, I think Champ sucks

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by bronconut View Post
    well, I think Champ sucks
    Nobody is buying it Nut. Except Zam.

because it's curious behaviour that often makes me wonder. no more, no less.

He's still young in the NFL.
    And extemely young in age. He was almost too young coming out of UCLA. That has always been my defense of the kid. That said, it would have been better to save the Rahim "the dream" talk until he does the walk so to speak.

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

The fact that he calls himself Rahim The Dream rubs me the wrong way. Do something first, please. He's a smart kid, though - maybe too smart. He definitely overthinks things on the field.

My problem with Moore is that he's not good enough at coverage to play free all the time (and isn't big enough to cover TEs) but also doesn't weigh enough to be a true run supporter. He's a tweener. I like safeties who can do both - very much. But a guy who does nothing exceptionally well is a tough sell. I'm hoping that the fines he got last year for those launching hits have worn off; he doesn't seem to be playing scared this year.

That doesn't make Safety less of a weakness, though, especially against these multiple pass-catching TE teams we'll be seeing come the playoffs. But if Rahim keeps tackling in the open field and keeps learning on the job, I'll keep hoping he (and other) can make the improvements we need in order to be a contender.

~G
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived G_Money For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by G_Money View Post
    The fact that he calls himself Rahim The Dream rubs me the wrong way. Do something first, please. He's a smart kid, though - maybe too smart. He definitely overthinks things on the field.

My problem with Moore is that he's not good enough at coverage to play free all the time (and isn't big enough to cover TEs) but also doesn't weigh enough to be a true run supporter. He's a tweener. I like safeties who can do both - very much. But a guy who does nothing exceptionally well is a tough sell. I'm hoping that the fines he got last year for those launching hits have worn off; he doesn't seem to be playing scared this year.

That doesn't make Safety less of a weakness, though, especially against these multiple pass-catching TE teams we'll be seeing come the playoffs. But if Rahim keeps tackling in the open field and keeps learning on the job, I'll keep hoping he (and other) can make the improvements we need in order to be a contender.

~G
    i completely agree with the name thing. But he does his hard for his size.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by jhildebrand View Post
    And extemely young in age. He was almost too young coming out of UCLA. That has always been my defense of the kid. That said, it would have been better to save the Rahim "the dream" talk until he does the walk so to speak.
    I didn't even know he called himself "the Dream", so I guess it's no big deal to me. He seems to have improved from last year and that's what you ask of your rookies and in his 3rd yr he should be even better. I thought the first 3yrs in the NFL were developmental.

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

I didn't even know he called himself "the Dream", so I guess it's no big deal to me. He seems to have improved from last year and that's what you ask of your rookies and in his 3rd yr he should be even better. I thought the first 3yrs in the NFL were developmental.
    i think some say that. Give me goosebumps thinking of Miller improving for another year.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information