Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: The Jets should start Tebow.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by turftoad View Post
    Better yet, it's good not having Tebow.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Tom Brady and Peyton Manning take things more seriously in practice than they do in games. They prepare hard. They will get in your face and yell at you in practice for messing up. Why do they do that? Because if you can't perfect it in practice, you won't be able to do it in games. Timing, reading, changing to the correct route and play. PRACTICE is where you become good, and the games are where you show the benefit from good practice.

"Not a good practice guy"..and only a gamer.... is completely and totally overstated. You don't see great players, especially QBs, that don't practice well. How can you get your team on the same page, getting things in sync, when you can't throw the ball accurately in practice?
    Steve Young was a bad practice playe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

You knew it was coming at some point:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1201722

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    You knew it was coming at some point:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...icle-1.1201722
    If he isn't improving they should cut him and move on. I was willing to wait and see if he improved, but if there has been no improvement it is time for him to go

Facts are stubborn, but statistics are more pliable. -
    Mark Twain

I am a great believer in luck, I find the harder I work, the luckier I become-Thomas Jefferson

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by catfish View Post
    If he isn't improving they should cut him and move on. I was willing to wait and see if he improved, but if there has been no improvement it is time for him to go
    I don't think it's time to let him go. I think it's time to explain to him that he's a tight end/h-back/wildcat and get him reps as such.

7. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

I don't think it's time to let him go. I think it's time to explain to him that he's a tight end/h-back/wildcat and get him reps as such.
    whichever, if they think they can get value that way great, but I don't think his contract will be worth it.

Mark Twain

I am a great believer in luck, I find the harder I work, the luckier I become-Thomas Jefferson

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by catfish View Post
    whichever, if they think they can get value that way great, but I don't think his contract will be worth it.
    I think he could be the second best weapon for Sanchize behind Keller. I thought Sparano was creative.

I think he could be the second best weapon for Sanchize behind Keller. I thought Sparano was creative.
    possibly, but only because the jets are terrible....what about Miami last year made you think Sporano would be anything other than exactly what he is?

Mark Twain

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Pretty much sums it up.

Left guard Matt Slauson, who has repeatedly supported Sanchez, made it clear that the fourth-year signal caller is the Jets’ best quarterback.

“It’s not even close,” Slauson said. “All the other quarterbacks know it. I have all the confidence in Mark. We don’t really have a choice.”

When asked about the team’s two other quarterbacks on the depth chart as possible alternatives — Tebow and Greg McElroy — Slauson clarified that the Jets really have only one other quarterback.

“We have Greg . . . and we have an athlete,” Slauson said.

But i agree with MO. Just because Timmy isnt a great QB he is a great athlete and there are other ways to incorporate him into an offense. The only hangup is Tim himself, will he be open like he says about doing anything asked? Or will he be adamant about wanting to be a QB?

12. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Pretty much sums it up.

But i agree with MO. Just because Timmy isnt a great QB he is a great athlete and there are other ways to incorporate him into an offense. The only hangup is Tim himself, will he be open like he says about doing anything asked? Or will he be adamant about wanting to be a QB?
    I honestly believe that Tebow would do whatever it takes to get on the field (playing Tight End, Fullback, whatever) but its his handlers that are telling him to hold out. They are the ones who advised him to take the big market gamble in New York instead of the sure thing in Jacksonville in my opinion, and they are just trying to make as much money as possible while they can. At some point if Tebow would just swallow his pride, I think he would be a great weapon on offense in some capacity. I still very much like him as a football player and would like to see what he could do, just not as a QB.

14. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    I honestly believe that Tebow would do whatever it takes to get on the field (playing Tight End, Fullback, whatever) but its his handlers that are telling him to hold out. They are the ones who advised him to take the big market gamble in New York instead of the sure thing in Jacksonville in my opinion, and they are just trying to make as much money as possible while they can. At some point if Tebow would just swallow his pride, I think he would be a great weapon on offense in some capacity. I still very much like him as a football player and would like to see what he could do, just not as a QB.

Agreed.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Default Jets say Tebow is TERRIBLE

Jets players and front office types in a story appearing in the NY Daily News call Tebow "terrible". Some even went on record allowing their names to appear. One player went as far as to say they have "no choice" but to stick with Sanchez as the drop off in QB play isn't even close.

He said it would take some terrible play, like a 5 int game, to even make anyone think about bringing in Tebow.

Wow. Link to story

17. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Hey Moderator, the article is already posted here.....

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/...rt-Tebow/page7

19. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

They were talking about this on Mike and Mike on ESPN2 this morning. Mark Schlereth and Herm Edwards called those jets players cowards basically for not attaching a name with their quotes.

21. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    They were talking about this on Mike and Mike on ESPN2 this morning. Mark Schlereth and Herm Edwards called those jets players cowards basically for not attaching a name with their quotes.
    I kind of agree with that. Dude is your teammate...there is no reason to throw him under the bus. Pretty classless, IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information