Page 172 of 238 FirstFirst ... 72 122 162 170 171 172 173 174 182 222 ... LastLast
Results 2,566 to 2,580 of 3559

Thread: Star Wars: Episode VII - IX & Spinoffs Disscussion *SPOILERS INSIDE*

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Just listening to this tells me it's a movie with an agenda, and ... idk... no thanks. The agenda can be fine and I might even agree with it...it's just an agenda is there when it was supposed to be a movie.
    Is it an agenda because it's doing something that exists/should exist but is rarely done? Because then you forfeit the argument by proxy.

Star Trek was a great sci-fi show - but there was an *agenda* when Kirk kissed the black officer, right? Was there an agenda in the OGSW's when Princess Leia was a power player?

If the agenda is here because it has women telling men who ****** up that they ****** up, then sure. But if that's an agenda, there's a bigger problem, and you protest too much.

The shorter version - categorically speaking, you're wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Maybe I'll check it out. But the fact that there's so much pearl clutching and 'franchise hating' or w/e. Yeah, that's agenda.

I'd probably say the same about Kirk kissing a black officer if it was an agenda then.

I'm fine with that shit, but not when I'm not in the mood for it. When it sucker punches me, I just get kind of pissed that we went from entertainment to politics or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Maybe I'll check it out. But the fact that there's so much pearl clutching and 'franchise hating' or w/e. Yeah, that's agenda.

I'd probably say the same about Kirk kissing a black officer if it was an agenda then.

I'm fine with that shit, but not when I'm not in the mood for it. When it sucker punches me, I just get kind of pissed that we went from entertainment to politics or something.
    There's an issue with your second sentence. Just because a lot of people find it to be hatable doesn't mean it's an agenda. Appealing to the masses is a fallacy, not to be that guy, but it is. Moreover, it an agenda is found to exist in content that shouldn't rile anyone up, or would only rile up people who are backwards on the subject, whatever it may be, the frustration shouldn't be misapplied.

To the Kirk thing, I doubt you'd have been bothered by it. Mostly because the type of people bothered by it aren't like you. Star Wars was always a political beast - you have a story about what? The small faction trying to get what? Independence and freedom.

To be blunt, there's almost a re-writing of the history of Star Wars by dudebros where they get to claim ownership of the movies because 'they knew what it was about' and what 'it really meant, man.'
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Sci-fi stuff is always agenda driven. Death, taxes, and agendas in everything sci-fi. Since the beginning of time.

The Empire was literally based on...Nazi Germany and fascism.

******* agendas, man.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    Sci-fi stuff is always agenda driven. Death, taxes, and agendas in everything sci-fi. Since the beginning of time.
    You guys make me want to find a remote cabin far, far from civilization. A box of single malt Lagavulin and those damned Dune books. See you in January.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

You guys make me want to find a remote cabin far, far from civilization. A box of single malt Lagavulin and those damned Dune books. See you in January.
    I hate to break you it to you, but those books are super political...

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    I hate to break you it to you, but those books are super political...
    No. They are silently subversive. Huge difference bro. When it's subversive but obvious, it's a record-scratch. It's jarring.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

What Fem Agenda guys? i honestly have no clue what you are talking about. Agenda ? Impossible.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    What Fem Agenda guys? i honestly have no clue what you are talking about.

I'm ok with that ^

But at the same time, I think Boy Scouts should be ... oh yeah. P&R.

See. Agenda. Not what why I pay for escapism. If I know it's time to fire up The Money Masters I'm cool with someone's agenda. Not when I want to, essentially, Netflix and chill.

No. They are silently subversive. Huge difference bro. When it's subversive but obvious, it's a record-scratch. It's jarring.
    You presume that you can't be very political while have subversiveness or subtly The content is still there.

Kind of like how it's obvious that people mad that a woman doesn't bow down to a male subordinate are obviously insane and need to look inside, but that doesn't mean that there's some nefarious agenda at play.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Not to mention, they made the Last Jedi just a movie that is a chase scene for an entire movie. So edgy, by the end of it, i was rooting for the First Order to wipe the Resistance out. If that was the intended effect. They did their job well.

GO KYLO. YOU ARE MY HERO.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I feel like this post has an agenda.

14. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

I'm ok with that ^

But at the same time, I think Boy Scouts should be ... oh yeah. P&R.

See. Agenda. Not what why I pay for escapism. If I know it's time to fire up The Money Masters I'm cool with someone's agenda. Not when I want to, essentially, Netflix and chill.
    You're right on the boy scouts. They should.

16. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    What Fem Agenda guys? i honestly have no clue what you are talking about. Agenda ? Impossible.

Oh, so women gathering and enjoying Star Wars is feminism. Is it a feminist agenda if women want to partake in nerdy shit and try to make their own space because a lot of times they're not welcome?

So is the agenda the issue, and is that even an agenda?

It reminds me of when I'd play MTG at a game store, and a woman would show up, get unwanted attention/creeped on. If she said anything she was being a victim. If she didn't put up with it she was being a victim. If she brought a friend with her then she was trying to ruin the male experience. It's a joke.

If a strong woman in SW is an agenda, then Princess Leia was part of an agenda. Wrap your head around that. If the agenda exists because Poe wasn't cowtowed to, then what's that tell you about what your expectations are.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information