Page 169 of 238 FirstFirst ... 69 119 159 167 168 169 170 171 179 219 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,535 of 3559

Thread: Star Wars: Episode VII - IX & Spinoffs Disscussion *SPOILERS INSIDE*

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    He was a cocky hotshot, she took him down a notch. He got half their fleet of flyers killed. Did he not deserve to be called on it?
    none of that story made any sense in the first place so i dont blame him going suicidal.

Even JJ ripped TLJ

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    thats not what was bothersome, it was all the flyboy comments.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

3. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

GEM

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

speaking of JJ. Im glad they got him.

I was thinking they were probably going to hire the person who made the "Boys will be Boys" Gillette Commercial.

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Ignore it when the princess says it...hate it when the purple hair says it.

6. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

none of that story made any sense in the first place so i dont blame him going suicidal.

Even JJ ripped TLJ
    Made perfect sense to some. :shrugs:

He also praised it.

You do know that JJ worked on TLJ right? He had NUMEROUS long conversation with Johnson about the plot and where the movie was going. But hey, ignore all that.
    https://www.cinemablend.com/news/248...-the-last-jedi

8. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

thats not what was bothersome, it was all the flyboy comments.

Apparently you are not a strong female character unless you are insulting men.
    Rey is a badass, but nah she's a Mary sue because she can do the same exact shit as Luke, but she's female so she shouldn't be able to do all that. Padme was a badass without even having any force abilities. I just don't think awoman is a bad character because she has the nerve to put a man in his place when he's wrong.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Rey is a badass, but nah she's a Mary sue because she can do the same exact shit as Luke, but she's female so she shouldn't be able to do all that. Padme was a badass without even having any force abilities. I just don't think awoman is a bad character because she has the nerve to put a man in his place when he's wrong.
    Holy fvk that sounds like the story of my life. I have enough of that as is, tyvm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Holy fvk that sounds like the story of my life. I have enough of that as is, tyvm.
    Dress your wife in black leather and give her a flogger, maybe then you would enjoy it.

12. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Dress your wife in black leather and give her a flogger, maybe then you would enjoy it.
    I'm not sure about that, but she sure as hell enjoys it. Oops, out loud voice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

14. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

GEM

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I'm not sure about that, but she sure as hell enjoys it. Oops, out loud voice.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

That lady with the purple hair put him in his place because she has a higher rank than him. So now women can't put a man in his place when he got multiple people killed on a whim. If Leia had made the same move as Holdo, would you have been ok with it?
    The problems that I had with Vice Admiral Evening Gown was:
    1) She was out of uniform the entire film. Yes, in a military environment, that does matter.
    2) Although I didn’t have a problem with her initially scolding Poe for his actions, continuing to treat him with contempt in full view of everyone crossed way over the line.
    3) She wouldn’t tell anyone what hers and Leia’s plan was. So, if something would’ve happened to her, someone would’ve had to step up and come up with their own plan instead of continuing hers & Leia’s to completion.
    4) Poe was right, the First Order used their transports for target practice before she was able to kamikaze their flag ship.

The biggest problem I have, with Hollywood in general, is they try to stuff too much conflict into the scripts. For all the flack that Finn & Rose have gotten, at least they spent the entire film getting long with each other in order they could keep their eyes on their ultimately meaningless side mission, after Rose got over Finn’s attempt to desert. That’s the thing, she actually got over it, no one else on either side demonstrate any ability to get over past disappointments in order to work together to fulfill their objectives like the military professionals that they were supposed to be.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    1) She was out of uniform the entire film. Yes, in a military environment, that does matter.
    2) Although I didn’t have a problem with her initially scolding Poe for his actions, continuing to treat him with contempt in full view of everyone crossed way over the line.
    3) She wouldn’t tell anyone what hers and Leia’s plan was. So, if something would’ve happened to her, someone would’ve had to step up and come up with their own plan instead of continuing hers & Leia’s to completion.
    4) Poe was right, the First Order used their transports for target practice before she was able to kamikaze their flag ship.

The biggest problem I have, with Hollywood in general, is they try to stuff too much conflict into the scripts. For all the flack that Finn & Rose have gotten, at least they spent the entire film getting long with each other in order they could keep their eyes on their ultimately meaningless side mission, after Rose got over Finn’s attempt to desert. That’s the thing, she actually got over it, no one else on either side demonstrate any ability to get over past disappointments in order to work together to fulfill their objectives like the military professionals that they were supposed to be.
    1 - Princess Leia is guilty of that too, though

2- he got half of them killed and disobeyed direct orders...so that cannot be right.

3. She didn't tell him her plans.

4- Enough of them lived as opposed to just going straight and dying.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I like Rey, Finn and Poe. Rose sucks ass. It's not the actress's fault, she did fine, it was just a piss poorly written character. Her sister was badass, she was only in it for about 39 seconds though.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post

Was Leia in General getup outside of one scene getting off the ship after kylo took Rey?

Poe tried a hostile takeover, was she supposed to feed him cookies? He already showed he had no respect for Leia's command. He couldn't be trusted as a leader to ensure lives were protected. There is a limited number of the rebellion and he didn't preserve lives.

There was no plan. There wasn't an escape until holdo sacrificed herself.

And they would have kept doing so because their ship had the target that kept them on the string.
    Last edited by GEM; 12-12-2019 at 10:51 PM.

Also, the purple hair lady was kind of MILFY.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information