Page 235 of 238 FirstFirst ... 135 185 225 233 234 235 236 237 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,525 of 3559

Thread: Star Wars: Episode VII - IX & Spinoffs Disscussion *SPOILERS INSIDE*

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Just started watching “Rogue One”

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

It feels like a Star Wars day. I may watch the early 90s trilogy after “Rogue One”.

3. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Gotta say, I just watched Rogue One again and it gets better every time I see it. It's not a popular opinion but for me Rogue One is the best Star Wars movie. I freaking love it. It is so effing good.
    I loved Rogue One!

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I loved Rogue One!
    Empire Strikes Back vs. Rogue One

Pick one.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Seven View Post
    Empire Strikes Back vs. Rogue One

Pick one.
    Empire Strikes Back all day. Rogue is ok.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

My Current Ranking of the Star Wars movies and TV Series that I've Watched So Far

Star Wars (I’m not calling it A New Hope): It’s cutting-edge special effects was just too awesome for an 8-year-old that no other movie or TV series is allowed to compete for the top spot.

Empire Strikes Back: One of the few sequels in history that can make a legitimate claim to being better than the original, plus the greatest surprise reveals in movie history.

The Mandalorian (TV Series): Got Star Wars back to what it was after the sequel trilogy, especially The Last Jedi, defaced all that had come before it.

The Bad Batch (TV Series): Sequel to the Clone Wars/Revenge of the Sith that were better than that which chronologically proceeded it. It helped by the fact Jar Jar never appeared in a single episode.

Rebels (TV Series): Prequal to Rogue One and the Original Trilogy that had a very smart storyline that provided interesting background info about the birth of the rebellion.

Revenge of the Sith: Even though the ending had been spoiled 28 years earlier, they created an interesting story about how the end came. The integration of real-world political issues into a fictional format was amongst the smartest I’ve seen done by anyone. Oh, and the fact that Jar Jar had barely any part of this automatically made it the best prequal movie.

Rogue One: It was a good movie that dramatized the events covered in the opening scroll of the original movie.

Return of the Jedi: If they would’ve used Wookies instead of Ewoks, this might be as high as #2 on this list. However, compromising the quality of script in order to create more merchandizing opportunities knocks this down.

The Clone Wars (TV Series): Ranking this series is difficult because the quality of the episodes very so greatly. The best episodes (involving the humanity of the Clones, the Jedi allowing themselves to be used as political pawns and other episodes depicting the complexity of political intrigue in a smart manner) are as good as The Bad Batch and Rebels. The worst (involving Jar Jar, having C3PO as a central character and other episodes geared towards the interest of children) are as bad as The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones.

Resistance (TV Series): I must admit that its connection to the Last Jedi could be biasing me against this show.

The Book of Boba Fett (TV Series): This may not have been nearly as disappointing if The Mandalorian hadn’t been such a great show.

The Clone Wars (TV Movie):

This movie is comprised of four episodes that were originally produced for the first season of Star Wars: The Clone Wars (2008). Had they been shown as separate episodes, they would have had the following titles:

• "The New Padawan", directed by Brian O'Connell, production number 118, Jedi fortune cookie: "To teach is to learn twice".
    • "Castle of Deception", directed by Dave Filoni, production number 101, Jedi fortune cookie: "The wise Jedi does not trust appearances."
    • "Castle of Doom", directed by George Samilski, production number 103, Jedi fortune cookie: "Nothing worth having is easily gained."
    • "Castle of Salvation", directed by Dave Bullock, production number 104, Jedi fortune cookie: "The confidence we have in ourselves can easily give birth to confidence in others."

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1185834...ef_=tt_trv_trv
    The Rise of Skywalker: It seems to me that the backlash to The Last Jedi and Solo was so bad that Disney just wanted to put an end to the sequel trilogy with a movie that fans wouldn’t hate. The bringing back of Palpatine was part of the current trend of “death fake outs” in Star Wars productions that undermine the emotional significance of any character. I understand them wanting to come up with excuses to bring back characters who shouldn’t have been killed off when and/or the way they were, like Boba Fett and Darth Maul, but not kill of Snoke in the Last Jedi would’ve have been so much better then bringing him back.

Solo: Might have ranked about as high as Rogue One had they not had the weird romantic relationship Lando had with his droid and the droid liberation non-sense. I’ll try to not hold this against the new Lando series that is supposed to be coming out at some point.

Clone Wars (Original TV Series): Strictly a children’s show with little to no thought about quality of the scripts.

The series spawned a movie, Star Wars: The Clone Wars (2008), and a sequel series of the same name. Instead of being a complete reboot the new series expanded upon the original series as it provides backstory for reoccurring characters, and added new elements to the Star Wars Universe. However, in 2014, Disney updated the Star Wars timeline making the new series official canon. Some have argued this series is considered canon as it takes place directly after Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones (2002) and ends at the beginning of Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (2005).

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0361243...ef_=tt_trv_trv
    Attack of the Clones: Obi Wan’s investigation into the assignation attempt on Senator Padmé was good enough for top 5 consideration on this list. The abysmal script for the courtship of Anakin and Padmé being possibly the worse in the entire human history of performing arts, and the significant involvement of Jar Jar, sunk this movie.

The Phantom Menace: Whatever potential this movie might have had was destroyed by the constant involvement of Jar Jar. Also, the inclusion of R2-D2 and C3PO detracted from the quality of this movie by created plot holes with the original trilogy.

The Last Jedi: What’s worse, the way it defaced everything Star Wars that went before it, or the force feeding of political agendas that created conflicts that distracted from the story. As said in several previous entries, politics can and has been handled in a smart way in movies and TV shows. This movie failed to do this as badly as I’ve ever seen.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Gotta say, I just watched Rogue One again and it gets better every time I see it. It's not a popular opinion but for me Rogue One is the best Star Wars movie. I freaking love it. It is so effing good.
    Might be right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Return of the Jedi: If they would’ve used Wookies instead of Ewoks, this might be as high as #2 on this list. However, compromising the quality of script in order to create more merchandizing opportunities knocks this down.

Definitely! It would be badass if Chewbacca teams up with Krrsantan in Return of the Jedi.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

I remember watching the movies in chronological order last year around this time and Revenge of the Sith, Solo, and Rogue One were a fun little trilogy to lead into Episode IV. Rogue One can site side by side with any movie in the original trilogy easily, and the Cassian show they are doing BETTER be good! Crazy to think the best thing Disney did with Star Wars was TV and the non numbered movie entries.

14. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A9D29FA4-924E-43DA-BFF5-126B14DAC2E9.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	13.1 KB 
ID:	20108

16. The Following 4 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

18. The Following 4 Users High Fived Devilspawn For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

20. The Following 4 Users High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Name:	122A57C2-816E-479E-8B79-04B92766F2E5.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	12.7 KB 
ID:	20284

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Only a few more weeks!

Also I'm going to my local brewery (Fiction) to pick this IPA up today then Star Wars trivia there tomorrow:

24. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Name:	12EFBC3F-099D-4A00-B13D-1A5CC42AC4B6.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	19.9 KB 
ID:	20297

26. The Following User High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information