Page 138 of 238 FirstFirst ... 38 88 128 136 137 138 139 140 148 188 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 3559

Thread: Star Wars: Episode VII - IX & Spinoffs Disscussion *SPOILERS INSIDE*

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Well, the first thing that comes to mind is that in the episode he had a lot of bounties, so it would be hard to keep them alive/contained on the ship. This is reinforced when he tries to take up all the bounties from his contact as well. It looks like this is a bulk bounty guy. So at least for him it makes perfect sense if it's even one year past ESB. Moreover, I think word would travel. One, he's a bounty hunter, so it stands to reason some of his peers might find out. Two, how many witnesses were there? And Jabba the Hutt hung Han Solo up in his den of thieves, so by that logic a lot of people in the underworld should know, right?

This is what we do!
    You would think displaying bounty marks as art would be appealing to gangsters so that would also make it a more viable tool.

I dunno, I see the logic in it getting adopted as standard and you make a lot of great points.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Why though? The carbon freezing chamber was literally a giant freaking chamber. If this takes place 5-10 years after the events of Empire Strikes Back (which it does apparently in the timeline) why is this suddenly the way to transport bounties? Unless they shrunk the tech it just seems silly to include. Not everything has to be a callback, and sometimes that is the worst thing about Star Wars. It makes the Universe feel too small. Boba Fett did it once out of necessity because he happened to have the chamber available, how did word travel?

lol. This is such a nerd debate. Thanks King!
    I actually wasnt to bothered by that but understand your overall point. In some ways it was kind of cool but i guess im not as big of a SW nerd as you to pick up on the technicalities of it all.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

My son and I snuck in this flick last night so time for another RE-REVIEW!

Star Wars Re-Review – Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

2005 was a strange time for Star Wars. One controversial and one mixed prequel film had come and gone, and the fever felt in 1999 seemed like a distant memory. Other genre films like The Lord of The Rings: Return of the King even took home best picture Oscars while Star Wars seemed to be the running joke of the still young Internet forums and chat rooms. Still, its draw was undeniable, and many fans felt that spark of hope when the first teaser was released:

There it was. A brief flash of the image of Obi-wan and Anakin fighting near a volcano that super Star Wars geek like myself had heard about as far back as the early 80’s in magazines like Star Log. Could this be the movie that righted the ship and redeemed the prequels? It was a tall order, and lots of pressure was put on this film as at the time it was made clear by George that this would be his last foray into the Star Wars universe and he wanted to move on to more personal films.

Driving to our favorite theater at the time was my friend and I along with my wife who had humored me through all this nonsense. It was a warm May day in Colorado as Franz Ferdinand came on the radio as we pulled into the parking lot seeing what I thought would be my last Star Wars movie in a theater.

We got there around 10 PM for our midnight show and were let in shortly after for the long wait. I remember sending my friend to get Subway while we saved a seat.

Sitting in a fully lit theater full of Star Wars fans waiting for the movie on opening night is probably my favorite memory of this era and this evening was no different. The room seemed electric about 20 minutes before showtime, and to our surprise this showing skipped the trailers and went right into the movie. After the normal glorious opening and text crawl, I was treated to one of my favorite opening shots of any movie ever:

For the first time since 1983 I was thinking about whether I was enjoying this Star Wars movie, because I was! There wasn’t anything complicated to absorb, just a simple rescue mission and two Jedi’s being badass. Once the ship crash lands (well, half a ship anyway) on Coruscant I had already had this movie as my favorite of the new trilogy.

To this day I hold Revenge of the Sith in as high esteem as I do the original trilogy. It is sometimes silly, sometimes overly melodramatic, but damn if it isn’t pure Star Wars for most of its runtime.

The look on Count Dooku’s face when he realized he is betrayed before losing his head, the moustache twirling bad guy we get in General Grievous, the Opera Scene where Anakin is seduced by the dark side, Order 66, and of course the duel on Mustafar… so many great Star Wars moments.

Do I wish all three movies in the prequels were better on some level? Of course. But to me the scope, world building, set design, and story of the prequels was very solid even though sometimes the execution was lacking. Ultimately, I feel that Episodes I-III added to the fabric of the Star Wars mythos, and you can take or leave elements you liked or didn’t like and it doesn’t upset the legacy of the originals. Not exactly a glowing compliment, but I will fight anyone who says Revenge of the Sith is not a good Star Wars movie.

Re-Review Score 9/10
    Definitely enjoyed this the most of the 3 that were released at the time. Still have my issues with Haydenson (sp?) but i loved how this set it all up for the first 3.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Well, the first thing that comes to mind is that in the episode he had a lot of bounties, so it would be hard to keep them alive/contained on the ship. This is reinforced when he tries to take up all the bounties from his contact as well. It looks like this is a bulk bounty guy. So at least for him it makes perfect sense if it's even one year past ESB. Moreover, I think word would travel. One, he's a bounty hunter, so it stands to reason some of his peers might find out. Two, how many witnesses were there? And Jabba the Hutt hung Han Solo up in his den of thieves, so by that logic a lot of people in the underworld should know, right?

This is what we do!
    Fine. New head canon on this for me is that all the gangsters and bounty hunters heard how cool Solo looked so they started doing it too. Like how the trend of “cement shoes” became popular with the mob.

8. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Fine. New head canon on this for me is that all the gangsters and bounty hunters heard how cool Solo looked so they started doing it too. Like how the trend of “cement shoes” became popular with the mob.
    As soon as you said head canon to me I knew you were my kind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

This series and Favreau give me solid hope for the future of the Star Wars universe

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Finally watched The Mandalorian tonight. Solid first episode and I loved the IG droid.

Anyone notice the scientist with the glasses that commissioned the bounty had a Kamino patch? Does he want to clone that baby Yoda? Some dude on Twitter noticed it: https://twitter.com/NumidianPrime/st...485536257?s=20

14. The Following 4 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

After figuring out hyperspace, laser guns, light sabers, force magic, etc, I would be disappointed if they couldn't figure out how to freeze a dude without a giant chamber.

16. The Following User High Fived Rick For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    After figuring out hyperspace, laser guns, light sabers, force magic, etc, I would be disappointed if they couldn't figure out how to freeze a dude without a giant chamber.
    This man has a point.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Also after further review, I think the thing that works best about the Mandalorian is that they went for the gritty space western feel that we saw in A New Hope. This show and Rogue One are my favorite visually of the Disney stuff so far just because they get that Star Wars "grit" just right.

19. The Following 4 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

I'm not demanding a master piece. I just want something good and cool. Just be cool. Please just be cool.

21. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

I'm not demanding a master piece. I just want something good and cool. Just be cool. Please just be cool.
    Then you should be in it.

23. The Following User High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Also after further review, I think the thing that works best about the Mandalorian is that they went for the gritty space western feel that we saw in A New Hope. This show and Rogue One are my favorite visually of the Disney stuff so far just because they get that Star Wars "grit" just right.
    Definitely agree with this.

25. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

I enjoy the fact that it looks great. Whenever you have alien races and Sci-Fi shit, it can't look choppy. Looks aren't everything, but bad visuals in this type of show is just a killer of immersion.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

I enjoy the fact that it looks great. Whenever you have alien races and Sci-Fi shit, it can't look choppy. Looks aren't everything, but bad visuals in this type of show is just a killer of immersion.
    That is the one cool thing about Disney being a media monopoly I guess. The fact that they can produce what is essentially a TV show with a movie budget is something most people couldn't dream of even 5 years ago. Once Game of Thrones Started getting multi-million dollar budgets I guess it was only a matter of time. At first I was a little bummed that we weren't getting a "proper" Mandalorian or Obi-Wan movie, but I will take a 6-8 hour series over a truncated 2 hour movie any day now. Also I just watched Solo again last night (re-review incoming!) and I think that is screaming for its own show as well. The Crimson Dawn stuff is great and I liked Glover, Elrich, and of course Emilia Clarke. I thin I am more excited about the future of Star Wars shows than I am movies at this point. The universe is built to be expanded with shows like this and even delve into different eras.

28. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information