Page 111 of 238 FirstFirst ... 11 61 101 109 110 111 112 113 121 161 211 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 3559

Thread: Star Wars: Episode VII - IX & Spinoffs Disscussion *SPOILERS INSIDE*

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post

If a Sith Lord needs someone as stupid as him in order to mind trick him into granting emergency powers to the Chancellor/Sith Lord, then he can't possibly be that powerful in the force.

If I'm a Galactic Senator, and I need someone to fill in for me during my absence, why would I choose the stupidest person on my planet?

The plot sucked, but I can’t change the plot. That’s the purpose he served.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post

The plot sucked, but I can’t change the plot. That’s the purpose he served.
    I'm not putting spoiler tags on a nearly 20 (!) year old movie that Gem has finished watching by now...

Plot wasn't the problem, it was the execution of the story through the dialogue. The novelizations of the prequels are fantastic and the overall story of the Emperor rising to power through manipulating the Jedi's hubris is great. Too bad it only really comes together at the end of Attack of the Clones and finishes strong in Revenge of the Sith. I still contend, plot aside, that Maul vs Obi Wan and Qui Gon is the best fight in the whole series still. The prequels also arguably had the best scores, especially Duel of the Fates.

That reminds me, the score in Solo was another high point for me. During the space chase they mixed in three classic themes almost flawlessly.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I guess I need to revisit the prequels. I didn't like them when they came out, but in all honesty I didn't "really" watch them either.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Still one of my favorite Star Wars Videos ever:

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    I'm not putting spoiler tags on a nearly 20 (!) year old movie that Gem has finished watching by now...

Plot wasn't the problem, it was the execution of the story through the dialogue. The novelizations of the prequels are fantastic and the overall story of the Emperor rising to power through manipulating the Jedi's hubris is great. Too bad it only really comes together at the end of Attack of the Clones and finishes strong in Revenge of the Sith. I still contend, plot aside, that Maul vs Obi Wan and Qui Gon is the best fight in the whole series still. The prequels also arguably had the best scores, especially Duel of the Fates.

That reminds me, the score in Solo was another high point for me. During the space chase they mixed in three classic themes almost flawlessly.
    The fight was phenomenal! The pacing was pretty off and I felt there was a lot of stuff added just to fill in space that could have been left out and not hurt the story. The one thing I don't like about star wars movies is they seem to make it a thing that they have to be over 2 hours long and usually unnecessarily.

I'm usually more into the Darkside more than the rebels, but I thought Qui Gon Jin was fantastic, I thought to me he represented what a Jedi should be. I wish he wouldn't have died. To me, most of the Jedi's come off as pretentious zealots. It's part of the reason I have issues with Rey now, she's just automatically great at anything she does, that's just not believable.

Darth maul. ...another villain that I love.

I don't think it was as bad as I've heard it was, but it definitely could have been better. I held off watching because of all the horrible things I've heard, but it just wasn't THAT bad.

And I seriously wanted Jar Jar weirdo gone after the first minute he was on. I don't think I've ever hated a character more.
    Last edited by GEM; 05-28-2018 at 11:48 AM.

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Ok, so how with all their all knowing all being, how the hell do none of the Jedi order not see Palpatine being evil at heart? Isn't that a pretty big plot snafu?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Ok, so how with all their all knowing all being, how the hell do none of the Jedi order not see Palpatine being evil at heart? Isn't that a pretty big plot snafu?
    I don't think so. They are mindful of the force, but not omniscient. They aren't infallible, and that fallibility is their ultimate downfall. Their mindfulness of the entire galaxy led to them missing the evil in front of their eyes.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I don't think so. They are mindful of the force, but not omniscient. They aren't infallible, and that fallibility is their ultimate downfall. Their mindfulness of the entire galaxy led to them missing the evil in front of their eyes.
    They missed the biggest evil right in front of them by focusing on everything outside and far reaching . Makes sense. Thanks!

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

They missed the biggest evil right in front of them by focusing on everything outside and far reaching . Makes sense. Thanks!
    They were being manipulated from the get go by Palpatine. You touched on it earlier when you said they acted like pretentious zealots. They were all pretty sure they were infallible and the Jedi Council didn't or couldn't believe that the threat of the Sith had returned. They got caught up in the war that Palpatine had control of from both sides and instead of being peace keepers they allowed themselves to be spread thin in a galactic conflict. All the while they were being setup to be destroyed from the inside and ultimately painted as traitors to the Republic. It's all very Shakespearian!

Then you have Anakin being seduced during this whole process by the dark side and instead of the Jedi listening to him they just keep preaching dogmatic bullshit to him. Meanwhile, Palpatine is like the Jedi are lame. You afraid of losing the ones you love? I know some dark sith crap that will keep that from happening. The Jedi turned their back on Anakin while he opened his arms. I loved the whole story arc. People say Anakin turned too quickly but he was being manipulated since the end of the Phantom Menace.

14. The Following 4 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Anybody else have one of these lightsabers? Highly advise it very fun

https://www.thinkgeek.com/product/irov/
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

16. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post

The Master Replica Sabers? Love those I have 3: Anakin/Luke Blue Lightsaber, Luke Green ROTJ Lightsaber, and Mace Windu's Purple Lightsaber.

The guys who make custom sabers are cool as hell, they are called Ultra Sabers: https://ultrasabers.com/

And if you are really geeky and want to fight with them without breaking them, Kyberlight is the way to go: https://kyberlight.com

Love the little details I didn't know before, like Anikan built c3po. Friggen cool!

19. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post

The Master Replica Sabers? Love those I have 3: Anakin/Luke Blue Lightsaber, Luke Green ROTJ Lightsaber, and Mace Windu's Purple Lightsaber.

The guys who make custom sabers are cool as hell, they are called Ultra Sabers: https://ultrasabers.com/

And if you are really geeky and want to fight with them without breaking them, Kyberlight is the way to go: https://kyberlight.com
    I have the blue Luke original, which i like because of the span of the sabers history. I replaced the speaker in the hilt with a better one (speaker off old cordless phone handset) and it sounds awesome.

Id love a duel-ready one. But dir now I'll settle with a sword lol
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Some dark force users can hide themselves or their presence from the light side.
    To me, most of the Jedi's come off as pretentious zealots. It's part of the reason I have issues with Rey now, she's just automatically great at anything she does, that's just not believable.
    you sound more like an old star wars fan everyday! Jedis took decades to learn even the simple uses of the force. Which is why most of us have a problem with what Disney did to Rey.

23. The Following User High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Luke learned quickly. There is some precedent.

Also, I saw the new SW movie - not better than the original three, but it’s in the same ball park
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information