Page 1 of 238 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: Episode VII - IX & Spinoffs Disscussion *SPOILERS INSIDE*

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Default Star Wars: Episode VII - IX & Spinoffs Disscussion *SPOILERS INSIDE*

Walt Disney this afternoon announced a deal to buy Lucasfilm from Star Wars director and film pioneer George Lucas for $4.05 billion in cash and stock.

Under terms of the deal, Lucas will be paid half in cash and half in the form of about 40 million Disney shares.

“Lucasfilm reflects the extraordinary passion, vision, and storytelling of its founder, George Lucas,” Disney CEO Robert Iger said in a statement. “This transaction combines a world-class portfolio of content including Star Wars, one of the greatest family entertainment franchises of all time, with Disney’s unique and unparalleled creativity across multiple platforms, businesses, and markets to generate sustained growth and drive significant long-term value.”

Lucas said in a statement that it is “now time for me to pass Star Wars on to a new generation of filmmakers.”

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ericsavi...-4-05-billion/

I am thrilled about this. I love all six of the Star Wars movies (part V and III being my favorites) so this is excellent news. It will be interesting to see how other filmmakers approach the stories. Disney did great with Marvel, and this could be just as good if not better.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/ericsavi...-4-05-billion/

I am thrilled about this. I love all six of the Star Wars movies (part V and III being my favorites) so this is excellent news. It will be interesting to see how other filmmakers approach the stories. Disney did great with Marvel, and this could be just as good if not better.
    I thought my skn and I were the only ones who loved episode III. That one may actually be the most entertaining film of the wole bunch.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

3. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I thought my skn and I were the only ones who loved episode III. That one may actually be the most entertaining film of the wole bunch.
    Nope. I'm surprised at all the hate the new ones get. They were just as cheesy as the originals, they were just first. I can only imagine what the internet would do to Return of the Jedi if it was released today. For a movie everyone hated, it sure made a lot of money. You can only do that with repeat business.

5. The Following 4 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I would make some off-topic trollish comment about how the Star Wars series is for nerds, but I am too mature and respectful for that.

7. The Following 4 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I would make some off-topic trollish comment about how the Star Wars series is for nerds, but I am too mature and respectful for that.
    and an old fart........ how could you not love star wars?
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

9. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I think this is passive aggressive. I'll ask MO.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

11. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

If by NERD you mean Never Ending Radical Dude, then yes. Yes I am.

Also, Vodka Cranberry remark blah blah blah...

13. The Following 6 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

NERDS UNITE!!!

I hope they do not bomb on making a new Star Wars. The original 3 were amazing. I, II, III were good but not as ground breaking amazing as the first 3.

15. The Following User High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    NERDS UNITE!!!

I hope they do not bomb on making a new Star Wars. The original 3 were amazing. I, II, III were good but not as ground breaking amazing as the first 3.
    If anyone, I'm glad its Disney. They are doing great with the new Marvel movies. I think its hard to top the originals, mostly because of the leap in effects and the timing of their release.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    and an old fart........ how could you not love star wars?
    I am not an old fart, didn't enjoy them as a child, so they just seem dated to me. Also not a sci-fi guy. But on the other hand, no one gives a shit about my movie taste... So please carry on.

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I love all of them. Honestly don't know how I would rank them.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

I am not an old fart, didn't enjoy them as a child, so they just seem dated to me. Also not a sci-fi guy. But on the other hand, no one gives a shit about my movie taste... So please carry on.
    No please. Enlighten us with your taste in obscure movies. You know, the ones I've never seen, only watched because I don't get them.

Just because you smoked pot and watched the Wizard of Oz while syncing it up with The Wall doesn't make you better than me!

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Do any of you nerds know what the story arc would include in any new Star Wars movies? I know there's a ton of books and comics and stuff that continue the story on but I've never read them.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Jeez college boy, Rav was calling himself the "old fart". Pull your head out of your granola recycler and pay attention.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Buff your what....28?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information