Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64

Thread: Star Wars: Episode VII - IX & Spinoffs Disscussion *SPOILERS INSIDE*

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

A MESSAGE FROM LUCASFILM REGARDING THE UNTITLED HAN SOLO FILM

The untitled Han Solo film will move forward with a directorial change.

“Phil Lord and Christopher Miller are talented filmmakers who have assembled an incredible cast and crew, but it’s become clear that we had different creative visions on this film, and we’ve decided to part ways. A new director will be announced soon,” said Kathleen Kennedy, president of Lucasfilm.

“Unfortunately, our vision and process weren’t aligned with our partners on this project. We normally aren’t fans of the phrase ‘creative differences’ but for once this cliché is true. We are really proud of the amazing and world-class work of our cast and crew,” stated Phil Lord and Christopher Miller.

The untitled Han Solo film remains scheduled for a May 2018 release.
    http://www.starwars.com/news/a-messa...-han-solo-film

Adopted Bronco:
    Hingle McCringleberry

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Seven View Post
    Saw this last night. What this tells me is that Disney/Lucasfilm is being too protective of their franchise at the expense of creativity. They did the same thing to Gareth Edwards with Rogue One and while that film was good, it sounded like it had more of a "Saving Private Ryan" look to it with his initial cut before the reshoots. On one hand I get sticking to the formula, but the irony here is that the original movies were all big risks and they seem to want to play it as safe as possible. I will withold judgment, but I can't imagine we will see truly unique visions with the Star Wars spinoff films which is a shame because that is exactly what they should be used for.

EDIT: And just for background if anyone is curios, Phil Lord and Christopher Miller were the masterminds that somehow made the Lego movie and Lego Batman movie work. These guys are good, and it's troubling that Disney thinks they know better how to approach this film.

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Saw this last night. What this tells me is that Disney/Lucasfilm is being too protective of their franchise at the expense of creativity. They did the same thing to Gareth Edwards with Rogue One and while that film was good, it sounded like it had more of a "Saving Private Ryan" look to it with his initial cut before the reshoots. On one hand I get sticking to the formula, but the irony here is that the original movies were all big risks and they seem to want to play it as safe as possible. I will withold judgment, but I can't imagine we will see truly unique visions with the Star Wars spinoff films which is a shame because that is exactly what they should be used for.

EDIT: And just for background if anyone is curios, Phil Lord and Christopher Miller were the masterminds that somehow made the Lego movie and Lego Batman movie work. These guys are good, and it's troubling that Disney thinks they know better how to approach this film.
    Interesting to hear about Lord and Miller. However, I've heard they were clashing with Kathleen Kennedy for some reasons.

Sources say Ron Howard is in talks to take over the film, but there is no deal as yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Seven View Post
    Interesting to hear about Lord and Miller. However, I've heard they were clashing with Kathleen Kennedy for some reasons.

Sources say Ron Howard is in talks to take over the film, but there is no deal as yet.
    I'm so ready for Arrested Development in space!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynch12 View Post
    You're wasting my time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    You're wasting my time.

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Lucasfilm is pleased to announce that Academy Award-winning filmmaker Ron Howard has been named director of the untitled Han Solo film.

“At Lucasfilm, we believe the highest goal of each film is to delight, carrying forward the spirit of the saga that George Lucas began forty years ago,” said Kathleen Kennedy, president of Lucasfilm. “With that in mind, we’re thrilled to announce that Ron Howard will step in to direct the untitled Han Solo film. We have a wonderful script, an incredible cast and crew, and the absolute commitment to make a great movie. Filming will resume the 10th of July.”

Howard has made some of the biggest hits and most critically-acclaimed movies of the modern era. Among his many films are Lucasfilm’s Willow, Apollo 13, A Beautiful Mind (winner of four Academy Awards, including Best Picture and Best Director), The Da Vinci Code, Frost/Nixon, and Rush. He also narrated and produced the beloved comedy series Arrested Development, starred in George Lucas’ American Graffiti, and remains a TV icon for his roles in The Andy Griffith Show and Happy Days.

The untitled Han Solo film is slated for a May 25, 2018, release.
    http://www.starwars.com/news/ron-how...-han-solo-film

Adopted Bronco:
    Bey Bey

That feels like playing it safe.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    So many of my posts are genius I forget them
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I wasn't being especially serious, I just thought you were retarded enough that your comment was genuine

7. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information