Page 223 of 238 FirstFirst ... 123 173 213 221 222 223 224 225 233 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,345 of 3559

Thread: Star Wars: Episode VII - IX & Spinoffs Disscussion *SPOILERS INSIDE*

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Awesome. I have been a little lost because the episodes didn’t seem to jive — and I listen to some of Binge Mode’s Clone Wars talk, but didn’t want to spoil too much — so that makes a lot of sense. Binge Mode talked a lot about through lines, and I was like, either I’m not paying attention or this comes up later.
    Yeah after the movie came out and they started the series I just took it as it was and while I knew they were jumping around, I more or less had the backstory from other mediums like comics and crap. I can imagine it would be confusing if you didn't know the era.

2. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    I guess I never realized it was out of order until recently! Looks like the first 3 seasons or so were more of an anthology style where they time skipped a bit. I do know starting in Season 3 (I think...) is when it started to get more chronological and have big multi-episode arcs involving things like the Nightsisters and Mandalore. Looks like Season 4 on is pretty straightforward: https://collider.com/star-wars-the-c...al-order-list/

One thing I do know is I LOVE how they play out the Order 66 stuff and the implants. Never thought I'd feel bad for a clone... The Clones are some of the best characters in the series, especially Rex.
    My take of the 1st 3 seasons of Clone Wars is it was created for the sole purpose of padding George Lucas’ retirement accounts right before he called it a career. It was geared towards children under the age of 10 who might actually like Jar Jar Binks by making the battle droids even dumber than he was. By season 4, the show “grew up” and started focusing on giving Star Wars fans what some of us thought we were going to get when it 1st came out, a weekly series that bridged the gap between Attack of the Clones & Revenge of the Sith. Basically, it did the same thing that Star Trek: Enterprise did, failed for the most part to lay a foundation for the original Star Trek like some of us fans wanted and expected to see until its 4th season. Even though nearly every episode of that final season did something to set up the original series, it was too late and Enterprise didn’t survive making this mistake, but Clone Wars did.

What I like the most about the Clone Wars series was the character development and arc of Ahsoka Tano. Setting aside the absurdity of her being given a rank that may be the equivalent rank of a Colonel in today’s US Army at the age of 14 just because she was a Jedi Padawan learner…,

…she became a strong and like able character. The most pivotal event in her life, her banishment from the Jedi order due to a rush in judgement when she was falsely accused of murder, presented a situation in which her true core values were revealed. Even though her pain resulted in her rejecting the order after they realized they had made a mistake & asked her to come back, she continued to make positive contributions whenever possible to the best of her abilities. This portion of her story is one of the best I’ve seen in a fictional work of someone bouncing back from adversity.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

4. The Following User High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    My take of the 1st 3 seasons of Clone Wars is it was created for the sole purpose of padding George Lucas’ retirement accounts right before he called it a career. It was geared towards children under the age of 10 who might actually like Jar Jar Binks by making the battle droids even dumber than he was. By season 4, the show “grew up” and started focusing on giving Star Wars fans what some of us thought we were going to get when it 1st came out, a weekly series that bridged the gap between Attack of the Clones & Revenge of the Sith. Basically, it did the same thing that Star Trek: Enterprise did, failed for the most part to lay a foundation for the original Star Trek like some of us fans wanted and expected to see until its 4th season. Even though nearly every episode of that final season did something to set up the original series, it was too late and Enterprise didn’t survive making this mistake, but Clone Wars did.

What I like the most about the Clone Wars series was the character development and arc of Ahsoka Tano. Setting aside the absurdity of her being given a rank that may be the equivalent rank of a Colonel in today’s US Army at the age of 14 just because she was a Jedi Padawan learner…,

…she became a strong and like able character. The most pivotal event in her life, her banishment from the Jedi order due to a rush in judgement when she was falsely accused of murder, presented a situation in which her true core values were revealed. Even though her pain resulted in her rejecting the order after they realized they had made a mistake & asked her to come back, she continued to make positive contributions whenever possible to the best of her abilities. This portion of her story is one of the best I’ve seen in a fictional work of someone bouncing back from adversity.
    Well, everything is about padding his wallet to a certain degree but I think it was more about finding its footing for the fact that it got better. Look at early seasons of The Simpsons or other well known shows and usually the first 1 or 2 seasons are a little off. Star Wars has always been made to draw in kids and then grow with them, so maybe that was part of it. I remember seeing the Clone Wars animated movie in the theater (2008 I think?) and didn't think much of it and hated Ashoka but now I can't wait to see her in live action in The Mandalorian. Like you said, great character and development arcs!

EDIT: And George was just a producer and creative director on the series. Dave Filoni was the showrunner and main force behind it. He should get more credit. Though George did come up with many of the designs and characters.

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Happy ESB Day! Today marks 40 Years! The Empire Strikes Back! (May 21st, 1980)

Happy 40th Anniversary, ESB!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	empire-40-masthead-640x640_0ba4c489.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	65.6 KB 
ID:	16887

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Well, everything is about padding his wallet to a certain degree
    I didn't do a good job on elaborating on what the real issue with this. I felt like the producers of the the Clone Wars cared little or nothing about the quality of the product they were producing for the 1st 2 or 3 seasons, unlike what the original trilogy did, they just wanted to grab all the money the could while it was their's to take. Its like a manufacturer deciding to make cheap dollar store junk because its much easier money then trying to develop the highest quality of product on the market.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Seven View Post

40 years. Holy ****.

Seems like yesterday.

9. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    40 years. Holy ****.

Seems like yesterday.

11. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

I watched it on the 17th thinking that was the day! Turns out the 21st is the worldwide release and the 17th was the premiere. Oh well, will just have to watch it again!

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

A friend of mine posted this video and added some thoughts. I still have yet to see Skywalker (although im in no rush at this point) but he hasnt been that thrilled about the latest trilogy either.

The best analysis of what seems to be the worst Star Wars movie. To be fair... I didn’t watch this one. It looked really bad, so this morning I started “educating” myself on the happenings. Holy moly this is bad. The part analyzing the red Sith warrior laser fight just killed me Lolol check this out if you need a moment to revel in the sloppy stupidity veiled in a failed attempt at expressing multicultural ideals and female empowerment at the cost of sacrificing the beauty and wonder of Star Wars. I’ve been turning into a huge Star Wars fanatic lately and maybe that’s why I am so critical of the newest trilogy. Each one got worst than the last. After watching Mandalorian and Clone Wars, I am realizing how important Dave Filoni is to carrying on Lucas’s legacy. I just hope they give him more creative control as I believe that he can turn the franchise around and bring it back to its former glory.

15. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    A friend of mine posted this video and added some thoughts. I still have yet to see Skywalker (although im in no rush at this point) but he hasnt been that thrilled about the latest trilogy either.

Those breakdowns are always good stuff, but honestly you could break down any movie ad nauseam and make it sound like the worst thing ever. I am still of the opinion that The Force Awakens was a soft reset for general audiences, The Last Jedi was a mess that undid nearly everything, and The Rise of Skywalker was an apology for that movie and at least tried to wrap up everything.

Not thrilled with the new trilogy overall, but Rise of Skywalker was the least of its problems.

I think the weirdest decision they made with the new movies is that they essentially take place over a few weeks when you think about it. The Force Awakens was a few days at most, then The Last Jedi takes place RIGHT after the end of that movie, then we jump maybe a few days to the beginning of The Rise of Skywalker and learn that in 16 hours the Emperor is going to start wiping out planets so the whole movie takes place over the course of less than a day. Its mind boggling that they didn't have some sort of plan, especially considering how careful Disney was with the Marvel universe.

17. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Check this out.

19. The Following User High Fived Magnificent Seven For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Check this out.

Such a simple addition that makes the scene 10x better and a fan has to make it. No idea why it wasn’t like that in the theater and it ties the saga together beautifully.

21. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

The old X-Wing/TIE Fighter games were some of my favorites along with Rogue Squadron so very much looking forward to this:

23. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

The old X-Wing/TIE Fighter games were some of my favorites along with Rogue Squadron so very much looking forward to this:

I'm excited for it, especially considering how good EA did with fallen order.

25. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I'm excited for it, especially considering how good EA did with fallen order.
    EA dropped the ball for a while but they've picked it up lately. Even Battlefront 2 had a huge comeback after they dropped the loot box crap and it became a beloved game. I imagine there is a big multiplayer component to that new Squadrons game, but as long as it has a good single player aspect I will be happy. And yes, Fallen Order was one of the best Star Wars games in years.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information