Page 175 of 238 FirstFirst ... 75 125 165 173 174 175 176 177 185 225 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,625 of 3559

Thread: Star Wars: Episode VII - IX & Spinoffs Disscussion *SPOILERS INSIDE*

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I didn't notice an agenda in Mad Max. At. All.
    He entire plot of the movie is about a badass woman freeing a group of women from a man who only wants them for their breeding abilities.

I think we're stuck in this word "agenda". It doesn't necessarily mean a bad thing. And the post that kicked this whole thing off was me calling the feminist agenda in TLJ "a little heavy handed" and what I mean by that is that there was no subtlety or nuance to it at all. Like I said, if the movie would have been better I wouldn't care. Hell, I'm one of like 9 people on the anet who actually liked the new Ghostbusters movie and praised it on this very website several times. It entertained me and made me laugh.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    He was a war hero and taught at Harvard. He was a man's man and believed in capitalism and running a meritocracy as fairly as possible. He was cynical and didn't think to do this out of any sappy stupid reason, but wanted the cream to rise to the top, and people to have a fair shake at success. He also banged cocktail waitresses three at a time, but didn't get slapped by his older brother Michael.
    Fell asleep after the first sentence. Should’ve led with the cocktail waitress banging.

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    Fell asleep after the first sentence. Should’ve led with the cocktail waitress banging.
    So you woke up, finished the sentence, and then replied.

You clearly loved it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    He entire plot of the movie is about a badass woman freeing a group of women from a man who only wants them for their breeding abilities.

I think we're stuck in this word "agenda". It doesn't necessarily mean a bad thing. And the post that kicked this whole thing off was me calling the feminist agenda in TLJ "a little heavy handed" and what I mean by that is that there was no subtlety or nuance to it at all. Like I said, if the movie would have been better I wouldn't care. Hell, I'm one of like 9 people on the anet who actually liked the new Ghostbusters movie and praised it on this very website several times. It entertained me and made me laugh.
    Yeah, the heavy handed part. I think you nailed it. I get that Mad Max had a similar 'let's flip the patriarch's table' motif. But it wasn't heavy handed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

6. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Hell, I'm one of like 9 people on the anet who actually liked the new Ghostbusters movie and praised it on this very website several times. It entertained me and made me laugh.

If there's an agenda with strong women doing strong women shit, then writing strong women doing shit would have to always be an agenda.

That's weird to me.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

So you woke up, finished the sentence, and then replied.

You clearly loved it.
    Which Star Wars movie was he in?

Which Star Wars movie was he in?
    Your mother.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    Yeah, the heavy handed part. I think you nailed it. I get that Mad Max had a similar 'let's flip the patriarch's table' motif. But it wasn't heavy handed.
    Give me your favorite movie of all time.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

i bet baby Yoda becomes the next sith lord

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

If there's an agenda with strong women doing strong women shit, then writing strong women doing shit would have to always be an agenda.

That's weird to me.
    The agenda is in making almost every strong character a woman and making all the men subservient to them in every situation. Like I keep saying, go ahead and do that just make the film watchable, they forgot that part in TLJ.

14. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Donnie Darko.
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

O' Brother Where Art Thou

It just brings me joy and has everything you could want in a movie.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

The agenda is in making almost every strong character a woman and making all the men subservient to them in every situation. Like I keep saying, go ahead and do that just make the film watchable, they forgot that part in TLJ.
    Werd. If it tastes like Robitussin, no thanks. But sugar? Sign me up.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

O' Brother Where Art Thou

It just brings me joy and has everything you could want in a movie.
    I still need to see that one.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information