Page 136 of 238 FirstFirst ... 36 86 126 134 135 136 137 138 146 186 236 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 3559

Thread: Star Wars: Episode VII - IX & Spinoffs Disscussion *SPOILERS INSIDE*

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Checked out the first episode of The Mandalorian this morning, quite good but now Disney+ is having server issues all over the place so dont know if i will keep my subscription. Will give it a couple of hours to see if it improves but looks like they were not ready for this.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Checked out the first episode of The Mandalorian this morning, quite good but now Disney+ is having server issues all over the place so dont know if i will keep my subscription. Will give it a couple of hours to see if it improves but looks like they were not ready for this.
    They only have all the money in the world. Guess that can’t buy competence

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    They only have all the money in the world. Guess that can’t buy competence
    Yea and i see people making excuses that these things can happen but its like we dont learn from prior experiences like Netflix, etc. They have been pushing this service for a year and somebody is going to tell me they never did a stress test to see if they can handle it? Especially after boasting how ready they were? Lol

6. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Star Wars Re-Review – Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones

After the Phantom Menace ruined the childhoods of some, confused others, and even found some new fans as we would later find out when they grew old enough to post on the Internet, the stage was set for the long wait for the next of new Star Wars prequels.
    Unlike recent times where it seems like we get Star Wars content every few months, the wait between the prequel films was a solid three years. Three years of arguing its merits in message boards, three years of other sci-fi and fantasy movies trying to get their own following, and three years of speculation of how Lucas would react.

Despite being a global success, the critics of the Phantom Menace were in full force and in many ways justified. With the success of other trilogies such as The Lord of the Rings and even the Matrix looming large, Star Wars felt like it had kinks in its armor for the first time since Ewoks were written off as a marketing ploy. No longer a holy trilogy of films, we now had 2 beloved, one accepted, and one controversial film in the saga. What was next?

The first teaser took the web by storm as it cryptically and masterfully just showed cool elements, such as a Boba Fett-like character, Slave I flying through an asteroid field, and some kind of Storm Trooper battalion? And most importantly, no Jar Jar in sight…

The feeling of this movie was much more tempered, but regardless as fans got closer to May 16, 2002 the excitement reached a fevered pitch.

“The second in the Star Wars films are always the best!”

“This will be the Empire Strikes Back of this trilogy!”

“It can’t be worse than the last one!”

Attack of the Clones would be my second midnight movie after the Fellowship of the Ring. We had purposely picked a theater with digital projection as Attack of the Clones was the first Star Wars film shot entirely in digital HD cameras that were developed with the help of Lucasfilm. The lights dimmed, the trailers finished, then the 20th Century Fox fanfare came up with a nervous chatter among the audience. Then… silence.

Right of the bat this movie felt different. Usually after the opening scroll, the camera pans DOWN but this time it panned UP to show a ship flying into view. As the Naboo cruiser glided through Coruscant and landed in the foggy atmosphere, a few lines of dialogue were uttered before a huge explosion starts the movie off with a literal bang. From there we are thrust into the story.

This is the least favorite prequel movie of many fans, but personally I liked it then and I like it now. Not much has changed in that regard. What works really works for me, and what doesn’t (such as the “romance” subplot) is easy for me to ignore.

This film has more great “Star Wars moments” sprinkled about as opposed to the three big ones in The Phantom Menace. Some of my personal favorites include: the speeder chase on Coruscant, Obi-Wan in the nightclub, Obi-Wans detective trip to Kamino, Anakin taking out sand people, the “fist fight” in the rain with Jango Fett, the asteroid chase with that kick-ass sonic bomb sound effect from Slave I, the arena scene, and of course the whole last 20 minutes that caps off with Yoda flipping out with a lightsaber.

I think the thing I appreciate the most about this movie is that Lucas listened to the fans. He created more action (sometimes too much, I think the droid factory scene is a waste of time and was a late addition), more set pieces, and tightened up the political story. Even Jar Jar, who I didn’t hate or love, was used masterfully as he was the one who voted in emergency powers for Palpatine and I thought was a nice nod to the fans as that was his only moment in the movie of note.

This was the only Star Wars movie not to win the box office in the year it was released, that honor went to the wonderful first Spiderman movie from Sam Raimi, but damn if it didn’t win my heart and reignite my interest in the prequel trilogy and allow me to look forward to how they would end it. Spoiler Alert: I couldn't wait to watch Episode III years ago and I can't wait to watch it again this weekend. Guess which prequel was my favorite!

Re-Review Score 7.5/10
    Last edited by MasterShake; 11-12-2019 at 03:07 PM.

8. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

I heard Mandalorian is very cool. Can't wait to check it out soon. It's strange that everything that is NOT the main movies from Disney seem to be the most creative and best received.

10. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    I heard Mandalorian is very cool. Can't wait to check it out soon. It's strange that everything that is NOT the main movies from Disney seem to be the most creative and best received.
    Yea, i havent figured out the timeline for Mandalorian yet but the end of the first episode is VERY interesting. You will really dig it but again im not sure if its who i think it is or another in the same form.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Actually i think Mandalorian takes place after everything else now that i think about it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

AOTC is a work of Shakespearean art in comparison to the new films.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

The Mandalorian looks very appealing, will definitely keep watching.

I wasn't especially surprised by the network hiccups Disney is having and I will continue subscribing as I know it will be hashed out. Not saying it is acceptable, but I was far from surprised about it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

The only thing I didn’t like about the first episode of the Mandalorian is that it’s only about 35 minutes. I thought it was great and is going to be a great addition to the catalogue. It has the grittiness that made Rogue One so good, and which Solo had stretches of. I think the Skywalker Saga’s biggest issue is that they’ve tried to make it too shiny, if you catch my drift. The shoot offs have had the grittiness of the original.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

17. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Actually i think Mandalorian takes place after everything else now that i think about it.
    It does. The investor who he delivers his first bounty to at the beginning tries to give him Imperial Credits and he doesn’t want them, and I believe someone says “post-Empire” at one point, but now I’m not remembering who.

That would also mean that we don’t know this character, because the Mandalorian we know got swallowed by the Sarlac (sp?).
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

19. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    It does. The investor who he delivers his first bounty to at the beginning tries to give him Imperial Credits and he doesn’t want them, and I believe someone says “post-Empire” at one point, but now I’m not remembering who.

That would also mean that we don’t know this character, because the Mandalorian we know got swallowed by the Sarlac (sp?).
    This show takes place post Return of the Jedi and pre Force Awakens.

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    This show takes place post Return of the Jedi and pre Force Awakens.
    Yeah, that makes sense.

So amazing. Can't believe that bounty at the start was Horatio sans.

I'm giddy after watching that. It's everything I hoped it would be and more.

Loving this Disney+ thing so far. Those complaining about the hiccups. Have you never been a part of the launch of a new service before? It's absolutely par for the course... Ask any Xbox gamer when a major game comes out and takes the servers out...

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Have you never been a part of the launch of a new service before? It's absolutely par for the course... Ask any Xbox gamer when a major game comes out and takes the servers out...
    Its a valid complaint and yes i have dealt with it before playing WoW. Which is why i made the comment that we should be able to learn from past mistakes including not trying to BS the clientele by telling them you've sorted through that. I get it, shit happens but when you sell people on the idea that it wont happen than it makes you look pretty incompetent as a company.

25. The Following 2 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information